EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Also...who's that girl:

Why can’t you? Super busy too?

seems like all the bros are busy IRL for this too
Lol i thought when my kids were 3 and 7 they'd start to get increasingly independent. Nope. Only way I can play more than a few hours a week is it i just let them watch tv all day which turns them into brainless monsters. As soon as i get home from work and all weekend it's superdad until they go to bed.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Lol i thought when my kids were 3 and 7 they'd start to get increasingly independent. Nope. Only way I can play more than a few hours a week is it i just let them watch tv all day which turns them into brainless monsters. As soon as i get home from work and all weekend it's superdad until they go to bed.
Hell ya

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There's really no reason to rush to 50 on Yelinak. You still have to wait for the majority to raid and with 2 months of classic, you won't be missing anything by taking your time. In fact the less sky i have to do the happier i will be.

Ended up rerolling to enchanter from cleric and am having a lot more fun.

Met quite a few guys i haven't seen since Aradune, the general consensus from groups I've been in, a lot of people didn't like mischiefs loot rules at all.

First group in our guild hit 50 around 7pm est.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaniki resist changes make root rotting yellows and low reds a breeze, getting 12% xp per kill solo for high yellows on a 14 druid. Even mobs 7 levels above are easily doable but they give about the same xp, probably hitting the per-mob xp limit. Out of combat regen means very little downtime.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Vaniki seems pretty well populated currently.

Yeah, I slow-rolled my way through the tutorial earlier just to finally do that zone, and it was bustling with tons of people the entire time. Not bad at all for two days after server-up. Sounded like a lot of new people too which is super-weird for EQ.

Vaniki resist changes make root rotting yellows and low reds a breeze, getting 12% xp per kill solo for high yellows on a 14 druid. Even mobs 7 levels above are easily doable but they give about the same xp, probably hitting the per-mob xp limit. Out of combat regen means very little downtime.

Yeah, I was manhandling higher mobs with a chanter and/or shaman. Got to where I was soloing mobs 9 levels higher without even worrying about it before engage. Had to stop and go "wait a minute, isn't this kind of level difference supposed to give me pause?"

Started an SK and it's very different, melee still sucks against higher-level mobs and it isn't the godmode faceroll that casters are. Just a lot of missing.

M Mrniceguy Saw you at giants earlier. I'm guessing you had the same experience I did with the charm pets there. One DoT and I went splat, wasn't worth it, had to find another way.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Druids look maybe the best they've ever looked at a TLP launch. With the resist changes you can snare/charm something super red and then have it murder yellows for you. Insects are also now charmable giving you more options.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
M Mrniceguy Saw you at giants earlier. I'm guessing you had the same experience I did with the charm pets there. One DoT and I went splat, wasn't worth it, had to find another way.

Yeah the druid one killed me in 1 dot lol. Ranger charmie was OP though. HGs kinda suck on this server though, double loot seems to apply to everything but plat.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Person in my group "Probably heard of me, I used to lead Faceless Insanity"

I asked "Darth?"

"Did you read about me on a website?"

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Person in my group "Probably heard of me, I used to lead Faceless Insanity"

I asked "Darth?"

"Did you read about me on a website?"
I wonder if he just goes around telling randoms about this.

Afaik Darth started 1-2 other TLP guilds since his time on LJ. For some reason none of them were ever successful.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Met quite a few guys i haven't seen since Aradune, the general consensus from groups I've been in, a lot of people didn't like mischiefs loot rules at all.

never heard that from anyone save 2 RMT posters here.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
A decent chunk of my guild on Mangler who played on mischief shared that sentiment and they weren't RMTers. They're on Yelinak now. For some people too much loot gained too easily takes away some of the painful fun.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
A decent chunk of my guild on Mangler who played on mischief shared that sentiment and they weren't RMTers. They're on Yelinak now. For some people too much loot gained too easily takes away some of the painful fun.
Weird I loved it. I would rather eat glass then play on Yelinak server over mischief style.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Weird I loved it. I would rather eat glass then play on Yelinak server over mischief style.

Its funny because, Yelinak is Everquest. Mischief was an official emulator deviation that threw out most of the game.

It's not hard to imagine a good majority of players like the real game. Everyone likes what they like but those who think Mischief was the best EQ just liked easy free loot.

I certainly didn't enjoy killing Vulak when he literally dropped nothing.

When the best method of splitting kael was to ignore killing the avatar of war for your splits to pump out as much vulak loot as possible, its just dumb.

It was fun finding out who dropped what but it really started to be a shit show when fear golems in classic, faydedar in kunark and PoG minis were the best bang for your buck.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A lot of people probably quit Mischief around the time Spite Golems were dropping 20 god/dragon items per kill not realizing it’s just double or rarely triple loot now and has been for ages.

Mischief is likely to be more popular in all metrics than Yelinak during equivalent points in the timeline.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I'm over the random loot part of it, the novelty factor wore off and it's just not fun. It's still fine for group content stuff, but for raid content it just causes so much burnout.

Free trade is still sweet.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Its funny because, Yelinak is Everquest. Mischief was an official emulator deviation that threw out most of the game.

It's not hard to imagine a good majority of players like the real game. Everyone likes what they like but those who think Mischief was the best EQ just liked easy free loot.

I certainly didn't enjoy killing Vulak when he literally dropped nothing.

When the best method of splitting kael was to ignore killing the avatar of war for your splits to pump out as much vulak loot as possible, its just dumb.

It was fun finding out who dropped what but it really started to be a shit show when fear golems in classic, faydedar in kunark and PoG minis were the best bang for your buck.
I mean I did lockjaw to every single tlp so I was burned the fuck out of the same thing over and over.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm over the random loot part of it, the novelty factor wore off and it's just not fun. It's still fine for group content stuff, but for raid content it just causes so much burnout.

Thats what happened with me. Just an insane amount of raiding nonstop and still didnt get full BiS gear. Some of it I hardly saw drop. By Velious I just couldnt do it anymore.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Yeah I could drop the random part for sure. Free trade though is just too good.