EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
View attachment 417429
For tribute, how do these focuses work? Do they stack with the same focuses from items? If I already have an item with Spell Haste II (which I do) is this redundant?

Also curious about Swift Arms. I'm guessing the haste from that is bard song or overhaste? AKA stacks with enc/sham haste AND worn haste?
Some things stack, some don't. Which ones? It depends. Spell / worn haste doesn't stack with item focus effects. Eyes of the Hunter (+accuracy) does stack with everything and is a substantial buff from some limited testing I did.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Another thing to note on tribute which may be obvious, but the mana and hp regen are counted as worn as well and are subject to the worn cap.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
If you have any questions just look it up at EverQuest Tribute System. Once you combine that with the SPA list at SPA list - Fanra's EverQuest Wiki and look up how individual stacking rules work for a given SPA, you'll have a clear answer.

ibai-yo-explicando.gif

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Swift Arms is worn haste. So it functions the same as your Cloak of Flames.

Huh, that's actually not that great. Still, all I have is an FBSS, so 31% haste is an upgrade regardless. Whenever I get an RBB I can replace that one with Mana Regen or something.

Some things stack, some don't. Which ones? It depends. Spell / worn haste doesn't stack with item focus effects. Eyes of the Hunter (+accuracy) does stack with everything and is a substantial buff from some limited testing I did.

I don't think Eyes of the Hunter is available on Vaniki (where I'm doing this). I'll double check but I have a feeling it's a required 65 ability.

Given how often people don't know what I'm talking about when this comes up, I think a lot of Vaniki people are sleeping on tribute.

Here's what I have on Phinny as a zerker:

1655406608562.png

1655406637094.png

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yeah, every melee should have Fury of Combat, for example, since there won't be a way to get it for a while. Almost everyone could probably use tribute to make themselves quite a bit better on Vaniki since I'm sure no one's capping out anything like mana regen, attack, etc, let alone heroics. But yeah, not sure when everything unlocks.

I really wish they'd make tribute not be spent in zones like PoK and Bazaar, though. So many a night I left dudes idling in PoK for buffs only to come back to 12 hours of wasted tribute because I forgot.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I really wish they'd make tribute not be spent in zones like PoK and Bazaar, though. So many a night I left dudes idling in PoK for buffs only to come back to 12 hours of wasted tribute because I forgot.
Totally agree, but I have a GINA trigger set up for this. A nice annoying "Tribute" bar next to my buffs when I pop tribute that gets removed when I drop tribute. I don't think I've fucked up my tribute since adding it a few expansions ago.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I've flat out ignored tribute tbh on Vaniki, i should rectify that. Might be easier to farm some tribute items at 50 though

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
None of the heroics or other secondary or tertiary stats are available yet?

Nope. A ton of stuff is greyed-out. Those were about the best choices I could make from what's available. If I can get an RBB for haste and an item with spell damage focus on it, I can drop those two and get HP/Mana regens (unless better ones are available at 50).

I think a lot of these are unavailable until 60 ot 65 IIRC though.

• 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Some of the Heroics are not really worth it imo. The flat HP and Mana options add more than the Heroics do and they cost way less to run.

Strength of Body vs Body of the Hero for example.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What UI is that and where can one get it?
I made it from drakah_intg_tking by scaling up everything with the waifu2x AI scaler. The xml lives here: GitHub - Kharzette/EQTLPUI: Old people friendly user interface for the upcoming time locked progression everquest server in honor of the late great Aradune!

But the art is too big to store there. I made silly weeby cast meters from art from some japanese game. Give me a bit and I'll zip all the classes up and stick em on a dropbox or something. The only XML change between classes is the manaless classes like monk have a slightly different group window that doesn't have a mana bar. I forget what goes in that spot.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Some of the Heroics are not really worth it imo. The flat HP and Mana options add more than the Heroics do and they cost way less to run.

Strength of Body vs Body of the Hero for example.
Uh, if you're a tank, heroic stamina is going to be much better.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sorry, I should have prefaced that by saying "depending on class".

I am a Necro. So higher HP = bigger Lifeburn = more DPS. As for the Heroic Int, I'm already over the cap, so the flat Mana is better.

DickTrickle

Sorry, I should have prefaced that by saying "depending on class".

I am a Necro. So higher HP = bigger Lifeburn = more DPS. As for the Heroic Int, I'm already over the cap, so the flat Mana is better.
Well, was thinking in context of the thread and 2022 TLPs. I'm pretty sure you're not on Vaniki if you're at the cap 😀

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

What does Heroic Sta do besides HP to make it superior? I thought Heroic Agi was the AC one. Or do tanks just get more HP out of HSta than flat +HP?

I haven't played a tank on any servers with heroics, just TLPs. Looking forward to see what tribute options pop up (if any) at 50 and 55.

DickTrickle

What does Heroic Sta do besides HP to make it superior? I thought Heroic Agi was the AC one. Or do tanks just get more HP out of HSta than flat +HP?

I haven't played a tank on any servers with heroics, just TLPs. Looking forward to see what tribute options pop up (if any) at 50 and 55.
The HP and AC are the smaller secondary effects of heroic stamina and agility.

The primary effects of heroic stamina is it grants shielding and stun resistance. Shielding lowers the value of the damage bonus of a damage roll. Once you hit the early cap of 35% it's like having a permanent defensive almost, depending on a particular mob's damage bonus.

Heroic agility increases your avoidance of attacks and strike through (ability to hit through things like riposte and parry).

Those effects are far more valuable than a little more HP or AC -- for a tank. A lot of people debate what's better to you go for first, heroic stamina or agility. From what I recall I think heroic stamina works out better when parsed. Even if it was slightly more overall damage overall, I prefer it since it helps soften the spikes of damage. Obviously you want to try to hit the cap with both though.

Heroic int/wis grants you spell and dot shielding, also handy for a tank. Those are straight percentage decreases on the damage taken from those spells.

There's a ton more info about these out there but the system was also revamped at one point so there's also a lot of out of date information too.

Last edited:
  • 1Like