EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I wish rogues got a minor buff in classic. I’d play one.
That hits on one problem I have with the TLPs, is that nothing really has been done to balance the early game with respect to classes. They are doing like 2 TLPs a year now, so some effort needs to be put in to make some of the classes actually playable in the first year of a new one. Since 1-60 matters absolutely not at all on live servers anyways, if they buff up some classes and make them too powerful early on in live, who cares. Give rogues double backstab early, bump up the damage tables, bring up assassinate to earlier levels, etc.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yall sleeping on riwwi 50-60 exp

A riwwi bro of the same level as a griegs mob gives slightly less xp, hits way harder, has a bit more hp, and sometimes has special abilities.

• 1Like

yerm

That hits on one problem I have with the TLPs, is that nothing really has been done to balance the early game with respect to classes. They are doing like 2 TLPs a year now, so some effort needs to be put in to make some of the classes actually playable in the first year of a new one. Since 1-60 matters absolutely not at all on live servers anyways, if they buff up some classes and make them too powerful early on in live, who cares. Give rogues double backstab early, bump up the damage tables, bring up assassinate to earlier levels, etc.

Counterargument is that leveling to 50/60 is a one off and few people race, so having balance AT max level is significantly more important than trying to tweak the path to it.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I played ENC on Aradune and it was pretty comfy. Everyone kept warning me though that GoD+ was a dessert of casters since they all suck so bad.

Does a GoD start speed that fate up at all? If I went ENC again would I be the belle of the ball or a pariah?

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
I played ENC on Aradune and it was pretty comfy. Everyone kept warning me though that GoD+ was a dessert of casters since they all suck so bad.

Does a GoD start speed that fate up at all? If I went ENC again would I be the belle of the ball or a pariah?

Your a buff bot till DoDH

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
It's ironic that one of the most useful group classes becomes one of the most useless raid classes

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Rogues would need more than double backstab to be viable early.

Can't give them a flat damage buff without affecting the rest of the game (as it can't be undone later... I mean it can, but I doubt they'd do it...)
I'd say:
- Add in modern poison crafting/procs from live starting at classic
- Double backstab granted at 35
- Triple Attack granted at same time as double attack, levels at same rate
- Triple backstab granted at 55

That would fix rogues imo.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
I have not played on a new server that just has all the content open from the start for about 15 years. I think the last one was the euro servers. I remember making a shit ton of money making Steins of Madjunk. Having PoK open at the beginning makes questing a lot more fun.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Guess I'm the only one interested in classic through velious, but not rushed. Good xp modifiers so it's not painful, but making each expansion last a few months. Are TLPs for work from home poopsockers only now?

• 1Barf

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Guess I'm the only one interested in classic through velious, but not rushed. Good xp modifiers so it's not painful, but making each expansion last a few months. Are TLPs for work from home poopsockers only now?

Think everyone has just had their fill of fear/hate clears, chardok and NTOV/POG.

Random/loot pinata raids made it interesting for a first play through to see what drops and isn't supposed to drop but regular ol vanilla classic gonna be a recipe for burn out after coming off that high.

• 2Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
Once you've played passed a certain point in EQ, you lose the stalgia for the earlier stuff quick. Getting a +2dex upgrade from raid loot ain't quite the same as getting +500 HEM item upgrades from later. Also the niche skills you get via AA's and certain spells later make classes feel more like classes rather than A tier Healer and B tier Healer.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

You should probably just play an emulated server or P99.

For most people, leveling is not really that time consuming. Super casuals who only play five hours a week need the time but then every else is going to get bored and leave when they've hit max level and there's almost nothing to do.

• 1Like

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
What we need is some new combos! Yes you've played a ranger but have you played Ugbuk of Grobb, friend of trees the fat ranger and faithful devotee of the god named ROD?

Or what about Princess Alenwen of Felwithe who becomes bored with her churchy town and enters a moody goth phase, listening to evanescence and putting on lots of eyeliner and black lipstick? She falls in with a bad crowd while exploring the world and learns the black arts of necromancy to better decorate her room with bones and dim red lights. High elf leather looks that way for a reason! :D

Sure your own guards will attack you but who cares! We can deal.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I leveled a char on that WoW Classic seasonal server over the winter and that was way more time intensive than an EQ TLP. What a fucking time vampire. With a Wed launch even casuals should be able to cap out by the end of the following weekend.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems to be completely random on Rizlona. I know more than a couple who got hit in some way, but its been really weird like one account out of 18 that was just made a few weeks ago. No bans, just a lot of week time outs.

yerm

I'll bet a krono some part of it is dramatically changed before launch.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Ruleset drops today, get hype.

I was was checking something out on Mischief and saw that killing a grass snake in Qeynos was 5.20 exp. I'm pretty sure that what a kill was at server launch. It is also what a kill still is on Agnarr. Go pop a grass snake, 5.20. I bring this up because

1649309877888.png

exp points.jpg

Am I crazy or isn't Gates of Discord supposed to be the first expansion that has a bump in exp gained? I made a post on the bug section of the official forums and no one ever replied. Checking out Aradune the same snake is 7.50 with Depths of Darkhallow unlocked. Going from 5.20 to 7.50 seems more like one bump to me than two but I never checked that server in Gates. Does this Gates of Discord exp bump that Ngreth is talking about calculate in some way that wouldn't be reflected on a level one character?

I only wandered in to this because there was speculation that the server is going to start at Gates.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I was was checking something out on Mischief and saw that killing a grass snake in Qeynos was 5.20 exp. I'm pretty sure that what a kill was at server launch. It is also what a kill still is on Agnarr. Go pop a grass snake, 5.20. I bring this up because

View attachment 406870

View attachment 406869

Am I crazy or isn't Gates of Discord supposed to be the first expansion that has a bump in exp gained? I made a post on the bug section of the official forums and no one ever replied. Checking out Aradune the same snake is 7.50 with Depths of Darkhallow unlocked. Going from 5.20 to 7.50 seems more like one bump to me than two but I never checked that server in Gates. Does this Gates of Discord exp bump that Ngreth is talking about calculate in some way that wouldn't be reflected on a level one character?

I only wandered in to this because there was speculation that the server is going to start at Gates.
I think we saw this before with some testing and we concluded it was because of a relatively low exp per kill cap at level 1.

• 1Like