EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
With Vaniki starting in Gates I took a run through the tutorial on Mischief to look around. I hadn't done that in a long, long while and was surprised to see that the starter gear all got bumped up somewhere along the way.

1650567492982.png

There's a full visual set (one bracer) plus a weapon for every class and it's all really good stuff. This is what people are going to wearing early on. The kobolds themsleves are mostly shitters so I'd expect a premade to be in and out pretty goddamn fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
With Vaniki starting in Gates I took a run through the tutorial on Mischief to look around. I hadn't done that in a long, long while and was surprised to see that the starter gear all got bumped up somewhere along the way.

View attachment 409003

There's a full visual set (one bracer) plus a weapon for every class and it's all really good stuff. This is what people are going to wearing early on. The kobolds themsleves are mostly shitters so I'd expect a premade to be in and out pretty goddamn fast.
There’s also a 10% haste item iirc, which will set you up until the haste cap is removed at level 30

Edit: this guy
61939BBC-F87A-42A4-98D3-1DE6DC4192AB.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
There’s also a 10% haste item iirc, which will set you up until the haste cap is removed at level 30

Edit: this guy
View attachment 409019

1650575532239.png

Looks like it might be unfeasible for a launch rush. A few lucky people will probably get it during said launch rush but I wouldn't plan around it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Haste is relatively easy to get by GOD so it isn’t a huge deal to not have 10%.

There won't be any Mitigation of the Mighty bullshit on Classic mobs. Combined with instanced raiding the server will shit out a huge amount of dead Voxes and Nagafens starting maybe even the first night.

There's also just general shitter haste items in the later eras.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
LoY will have most of the good loot with restrictions gone. Very easy to obtain LoY augs and such.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Has this been confirmed Free Trade or not yet? Not interested if it's not.

I still think it would be an improvement (will also accept double loot) given the nature of the ruleset but I do not expect it to happen. It's going to make things really, really cliquey among people trying to complete challenges.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Ya double loot and free trade would go a long way to making the pace of unlocks actually bare-able.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like both TLP's are getting new info dropped soon:

Wonder what that means for Yelinak? I could see Vaniki getting clarification on keys/unlocks and such.

• 1Like

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
interesting.

also did rapiers commit to a server? i heard they are doing a collab with keon and atabishi but isnt atabishi in thailand or something... those rapiers...!

• 2Moron
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Seems like both TLP's are getting new info dropped soon:

Wonder what that means for Yelinak? I could see Vaniki getting clarification on keys/unlocks and such.
Sounds like they put out the initial announcement to gauge reactions so they could later refine the rule set based on the response.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Vaniki's biggest problem is loot from raids needs to be doubled or tripled and potentially plat drops too. Alot of armor in later eras gets really expensive to make which works when plat has time to build up in an economy but will be a nightmare on vaniki.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Vaniki's biggest problem is loot from raids needs to be doubled or tripled and potentially plat drops too. Alot of armor in later eras gets really expensive to make which works when plat has time to build up in an economy but will be a nightmare on vaniki.
paraphrasing. 'But if everyone gets to have the armour then none of it will be special. Everyone shouldn't be allowed to kill Dragons, or else it's not special'.

Still sounds like something an idiot would say.

Mischief allowed the most people to get the best gear every xpac, and raiders and casuals alike were very happy with how things worked out. Very few people were turned off from the blatant RMT.

Bring on the next super cool server ruleset that you copied off of one of the white emu servers.

Also, we don't know the problems that will exist from day one. We still have a month for them to tweak the ruleset to make as many people as happy as possible.

Last edited:

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
interesting.

also did rapiers commit to a server? i heard they are doing a collab with keon and atabishi but isnt atabishi in thailand or something... those rapiers...!

Nobody's biting on this fake shill account to hype the rapiers up.

Literally nobody gives a fuck about them

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
interesting.

Mr. Bigor33, you run a fantastic guild there. My wife and I read your stuff every day. I like the columns you write, and the missus thinks your postings are quite humorous!

I have a question for you however this is not just a praise post. My daughter is about your age, she will turn 19 in February. Do you have a girl-friend, if not she is very handsome and a charming young woman. You are a very comely young bloke, and I would love for you to meet her. if not I understand, but I would be happy to have a drink with you if you should stop down in Florida some time this year. I won"t tell my wife if you don’t! Ho ho.

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
Mr. Bigor33, you run a fantastic guild there. My wife and I read your stuff every day. I like the columns you write, and the missus thinks your postings are quite humorous!

I have a question for you however this is not just a praise post. My daughter is about your age, she will turn 19 in February. Do you have a girl-friend, if not she is very handsome and a charming young woman. You are a very comely young bloke, and I would love for you to meet her. if not I understand, but I would be happy to have a drink with you if you should stop down in Florida some time this year. I won"t tell my wife if you don’t! Ho ho.
Post a photo of her feet or gtfo

• 1Like