EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
I thought they were going to add something interesting with Yelinak but I guess not. The only thing that looks appealing is that they will introduce relaxed truebox on Yelinak in OoW. So I guess Yelinak will be playable in about 60 weeks. Whatever happened to getting relaxed truebox on current servers? How'd we lose that battle?

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
60Omens of War / Dragons of Norrath / Depths of Darkhollow / Prophecy of RoRiftseekers (King or Queen)Illusion: Vaniki

Open world only on the best reward

Q: Will stuns, mesmerization, charm, and similarly level limited spells still be capped at the original level limit?
A: The level cap on the following crowd control spell effects will be increased by 10 to allow PCs to engage with the content as expected: Charm (Excluding Dire Charm), Fade, Fear, Fling, Gravitate, Mesmerization, Spin Stun, and Stun.

So Druids can charm up to level 53 at level 33 and Necro 56 at 31. That'll be spicy.

Last edited:

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Did they say what the achievements and stuff are?

1651614313724.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
They're pretty out of touch here. A few of the dev team truly believe "Most players don't care about content until after PoP" which is actually the opposite of the truth. You can see that mindset pervades the design decisions behind Vaniki.

The server would be much more popular if it launched with classic, had 1-2 month timers and stayed 5-10 levels below each expansion normal cap and had achievements for a few bosses in each expansion.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 6 users

gugabuba

Golden Knight of the Realm
60Omens of War / Dragons of Norrath / Depths of Darkhollow / Prophecy of RoRiftseekers (King or Queen)Illusion: Vaniki

Open world only on the best reward

Q: Will stuns, mesmerization, charm, and similarly level limited spells still be capped at the original level limit?
A: The level cap on the following crowd control spell effects will be increased by 10 to allow PCs to engage with the content as expected: Charm (Excluding Dire Charm), Fade, Fear, Fling, Gravitate, Mesmerization, Spin Stun, and Stun.

So Druids can charm up to level 53 at level 33 and Necro 56 at 31. That'll be spicy.
When you add this in, the 31 Necro's 56 pet may not even break charm like crazy:

Q: Will spells be able to land on anything if we’re ten levels behind?
A: Yes, we're using a new spell resist system for this server that includes an exception for Level Locked Progression servers. NPCs who are hit by a PC spell on a Level Locked Progression server will not have a resist bonus based on level differences, as they do on regular servers

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
When you add this in, the 31 Necro's 56 pet may not even break charm like crazy:

Q: Will spells be able to land on anything if we’re ten levels behind?
A: Yes, we're using a new spell resist system for this server that includes an exception for Level Locked Progression servers. NPCs who are hit by a PC spell on a Level Locked Progression server will not have a resist bonus based on level differences, as they do on regular servers

Even more incentive to always be charming the biggest, craziest thing you can.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Zaide's right. The achievement list needs added to it "Kill Eye of Veeshan at 40", "Kill Phara Dar at 50", "Kill Vulak at 50", etc etc etc.

It's like half done.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Q. Will out of combat regen be active on this server?
A. Yes. In the April patch, the out of combat requirement was relaxed to the Gates of Discord expansion, and it will be active on the new Level Locked Progression.

This is fairly huge in how leveling will work on Vaniki. If you've never played with this regen, 30 seconds after you exit combat you start regenerating health and mana at around 4% per tick so you will be back to full in a minute or so in most situations. Since it's percentage-based, the larger your health/mana pool gets, the more your regen per tick so it adds more reward to gearing up for casters in particular.

It makes soloing or duos far more viable for many classes. Also means that in a group a mage/wizard can blow their entire mana pool obliterating everything, med through one or two pulls and then do it again. Also greatly reduces the reliance on bard/enc mana regen in early expansions.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
  • Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
Can anyone confirm that this is when Truebox gets lifted/relaxed to allow 3-boxing?

Be a lot easier for me to play if I could box a healer and get AAs done on my own time. Being forced to play a single-character can kill my drive early on a server.

With the level raises the way they are, it'll be pretty simple to level up 3 different characters on 3 different accounts and keep them current for whenever the box restrictions are lifted. What else are you gonna do with all that time at level 40 when raids aren't going on? With GoD exp it's gonna take no time at all to level.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Sounds like it could be an interesting raid server, but I was hoping more for a Mischief server where I could free-trade deck out some alts and fuck around occasionally. I don't know, sad I skipped Mischief, but I'll probably skip this one as well.

edit: This is double raid boss, and rare loot, correct? Anyone seeing this being amazingly fun, and I'm just missing it - IDK on the fence. Could be a fun bit of chaos rushing to 60. EXP is quite a bit faster than, say, Aradune, right?

Also, when is the actual release date on this?

May 25th.

Yelinak is gonna be a plain ol' normal server. If you're talking about Vaniki, I think it does have the potential to be amazingly fun. It's more of a challenge server. Given how quick people hit max level on Vaniki, it's also a server people will be able to juggle while still playing on their "normal" server, which makes it a lot more appealing for people like me who like to play one server at a time and have a hard time getting going on new ones.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Cazic / Low stat food item: Meh

Yelinak / Western Wastes teleport item: Gonna be useful in-era for sparing people the pain-in-the-ass run there.

CBQ / Raid currency: This one could be really interesting. If it lets you choose currencies for expansions that aren't out yet, which I presume it does since the existing expansions on Vaniki won't have raid currency, then you can "plan ahead" with this. 2.5x BPs is generally enough to buy a good five or so raid armors. A tank could save this for a particularly tough expansion like Underfoot and cash in to get a bunch of gear upgrades for their weakest slots right out of the gate. Any other expansions come to mind for anyone as good spots for this?

The others are all pretty much just toys. Epicenter teleport will be very useful for RoF, for the 10-20% of the server still playing by then.