EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had a lot more fun at the beach 🏖️

Just got back, I can't wait to see my discord messages when i turn my computer on 😂

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Does yelinak have the worst “top” guild of all classic TLP servers?
Server has the worst playerbase I have ever encountered. Every dungeon I go in has groups running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Trains and corpses a plenty.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Server has the worst playerbase I have ever encountered. Every dungeon I go in has groups running around like a chicken with their head cut off. Trains and corpses a plenty.

Fuck. Wasn't planning on playing this round but then you go and say some shit like that

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
First few weeks of a TLP always have the largest amount of people that don't know what the hell they are doing, know what they are doing but only according to game knowledge years out of date, or are just actively anti-social shits like master looters giving themselves all the money drops. It gets a lot better over time as the noobs mature into knowledgeable players and the shitters leave.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fuck. Wasn't planning on playing this round but then you go and say some shit like that

1654681039931.jpeg

• 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 users

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm going hard on the new EQ2 TLE server, but that content is going to run out here soon for a while (seeing as they are going with like 14 or so weeks of classic). So, I am going to have nothing to do once I max out my character on EQ2 for a few months.

Therefore... who needs a raider for the Yelinak server? The drama posted in this thread makes me think it will at least be entertaining to be on the raids to see the fuckery going on lol.

I have a wizard on the server in the teens. Any power level groups want a wizzy? Hit me up. I raid Tuesday and Friday on EQ2. The other days of the week are open.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Doesnt seem accurate to me. We had over 200 people online in guild alone last night.
I know we are nowhere near that much of the population.

Yeah, I think Bind Rush and Rusty Willsapper had a combined 120 or so people in Grieg's End for a few minutes during raid time, and most BR weren't there. PoK is jumping like a live server. If the pop is low, it's hard to tell.

I'm going hard on the new EQ2 TLE server, but that content is going to run out here soon for a while (seeing as they are going with like 14 or so weeks of classic). So, I am going to have nothing to do once I max out my character on EQ2 for a few months.

Therefore... who needs a raider for the Yelinak server? The drama posted in this thread makes me think it will at least be entertaining to be on the raids to see the fuckery going on lol.

I have a wizard on the server in the teens. Any power level groups want a wizzy? Hit me up. I raid Tuesday and Friday on EQ2. The other days of the week are open.

Yelinak isn't spicy drama, it's just full of really subpar and/or inexperienced players.

Vaniki is home to some much spicier drama and I think the guild on guild competition is beginning to heat up now that we have multiple guilds successfully doing OW targets.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, I think Bind Rush and Rusty Willsapper had a combined 120 or so people in Grieg's End for a few minutes during raid time, and most BR weren't there. PoK is jumping like a live server. If the pop is low, it's hard to tell.

Yelinak isn't spicy drama, it's just full of really subpar and/or inexperienced players.

Vaniki is home to some much spicier drama and I think the guild on guild competition is beginning to heat up now that we have multiple guilds successfully doing OW targets.
Honestly, I was more referring to being there to laugh at the stupid raiding decisions on Yelinak. That shit can be entertaining for a while lol.

I think the funniest raid leadership I ever witnessed was back on Ragefire where that bard chick was taking 30 minutes to an hour to have raid engage. That shit show was fucking hilarious to witness. The greatest moment of the whole thing was when they took their whole time slot up on CT setting up, wiped, and I deguilded right in front of her and got guild tagged by the guild that was waiting to down it after their time slot ran out. Then we killed CT a minute later, and moved on. I mean that was fucking entertaining right there.

My memroy is bad, but I believe that was Ragefire. It was the server where SoE forced all the raid guilds to plan nice and setup time slots. The bad guilds would get a time slot, fail to down anything in their time slot, and the top guild would zone in, kill it, zone out.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Me and a few other people jumped ship to "without regret", while maybe some others enjoy the shitshow it was really killing our desire to continue playing and that's a sure sign to move on, regardless of the outcome.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I was more referring to being there to laugh at the stupid raiding decisions on Yelinak. That shit can be entertaining for a while lol.

I think the funniest raid leadership I ever witnessed was back on Ragefire where that bard chick was taking 30 minutes to an hour to have raid engage. That shit show was fucking hilarious to witness. The greatest moment of the whole thing was when they took their whole time slot up on CT setting up, wiped, and I deguilded right in front of her and got guild tagged by the guild that was waiting to down it after their time slot ran out. Then we killed CT a minute later, and moved on. I mean that was fucking entertaining right there.

My memroy is bad, but I believe that was Ragefire. It was the server where SoE forced all the raid guilds to plan nice and setup time slots. The bad guilds would get a time slot, fail to down anything in their time slot, and the top guild would zone in, kill it, zone out.

I think that was RF/LJ era yeah. I missed that era entirely which is unfortunate because from what I've heard, the spice flowed.

I'll never understand raid leaders that take a long time to set up / excessively go over strays. The best way to learn is by doing, and most people at least partially tune out during boring explanations. It's better to give a quick rundown of the event fundamentals so people aren't going in blind, and do this during the buffing/medding phase, and then GO. Even if you wipe, it gives everyone a look at how the fight works. Regrouping and adjusting deficiencies for the second round takes less time than doing a thorough explanation and possibly losing the first round anyway. And if everyone isn't bored out of their minds, they're engaged, and being engaged is the best way to actually win on the first go.

So TLDR nothing kills raid success rates like extended explanations and wait times. There are exceptions of course. Some of the later fights in the game are worth an extended explanation and probably also some rudimentary diagrams.

If any of you see the Imposter Rajaah on Yelinak be sure to flip 'em off

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Me and a few other people jumped ship to "without regret", while maybe some others enjoy the shitshow it was really killing our desire to continue playing and that's a sure sign to move on, regardless of the outcome.

Me and a few others are coming tomorrow after we try to DKP dump tonight.

I would hate to be in raid 2 tonight. I can see them wiping on CT or Draco....

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Sure was. I still have a link to the ragefire rotation: Ragefire Rotation

I just did the 1 optional sky raid with Resurgence so far. It was only some minor drama but still entertaining. Hard to say, I guess I'll see how they do with splits. The guy leading the sky raid seemed decent enough. We wiped to sister because someone somehow pulled the sister while we were killing a sphinx. I will say though, the groups sucked, so whoever was managing the groups did a poor job. Tilted me a bit looking at the raid window.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Me and a few others are coming tomorrow after we try to DKP dump tonight.
Not a bad idea, unfortunately it seems hard as fuck to spend it. I wish you luck.

I really do believe now gdkp is the best loot system, it still had it's faults (whales) but you still getting paid and benefiting from every drop. I feel like the way the open bid system leads to randoms for bis items just seems like a ton of extra work for officers for no real reason.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am surprised no one from Resurgence is reading these forums and defending their honor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Not a bad idea, unfortunately it seems hard as fuck to spend it. I wish you luck.

I really do believe now gdkp is the best loot system, it still had it's faults (whales) but you still getting paid and benefiting from every drop. I feel like the way the open bid system leads to randoms for bis items just seems like a ton of extra work for officers for no real reason.

You don't like the 2 bids max per person, 15 seconds hard cutoff then roll everyone who max bids? LOL