EQBrowser and graphs

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Inventory / spell bar slide out from the side of the screen?

View states based on combat engagement?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Thinking something like this for the hotkey bar.

Cs6Pa0-UkAEMrg8.jpg

Last edited:

tyen

<Banned>
There is this Plugin that Unity owns called Everyplay. It is basically ingame video recording with the ability to share them.

This is right up my alley and something I'd like to do is automatic video replays shared to a website where people can look through encounters, raids, pvp fights, etc.

Anyway, tried it out, it's a piece of garbage, and has been that way for years. The team that works on it is out in euroland somewhere.

Here is a video a pal took, it's all kinds of fucked up. Wiped this shit plugin from my build.

Everyplay

tyen

<Banned>
Leapdroid is a real nice android emulator.

This is the UI with everything open so far.

maGhQc5.jpg

WebGL & Android client playing together on same server

Last edited:

tyen

<Banned>
Circling back to pathing, since it's totally fucked on my builds.

Around 28 seconds is where I keep playing it nonstop to look at the position numbers on the right. All that shit is from the Client_Update packets (and other packets).

once i warp an NPC when the Client_Update deltas == 0 it's all good. But, in between Client_Updates is where the mob just kinda sits there at the target position. If i go a little bit ahead of the mob, ill hit it

I'm talking about when the transform.position at the very top right, matches the movetox/y/z

This makes me think the NPC is suppose to just keep walking once it reaches it's target position but before the deltas == 0.

Because in eq youll see mobs ghosting forward and then warp back whereas my mobs will do the opposite: lag behind and then warp forward.

tyen

<Banned>
How many people working on that?

Right now, just me and whenever I beg secrets to help me out with real difficult problems.

KLS/Akkadius put websockets in an Eqemu branch, and Secrets expanded upon it so I can use it for my unity shit. Also had some hungarian dude who extracted a bunch of EQ assets for me years ago.

What exactly is your plan to monetize all the work you are putting into this?

I'm gonna replace the assets at some point, so it'll still be EQ, just look different.

But, one step at a time dawg. More worried about it being playable.

Been dragging my feet on pathing & death respawn for wayyy too long.

You should get a partner or two, change it to not be EQ yet play exactly the same, add mining and crafting, become a millionaire, get a publishing deal and make a big budget sequel.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Right now, just me and whenever I beg secrets to help me out with real difficult problems.

KLS/Akkadius put websockets in an Eqemu branch, and Secrets expanded upon it so I can use it for my unity shit. Also had some hungarian dude who extracted a bunch of EQ assets for me years ago.

I'm gonna replace the assets at some point, so it'll still be EQ, just look different.

But, one step at a time dawg. More worried about it being playable.

Been dragging my feet on pathing & death respawn for wayyy too long.
Wouldn't that mean you're just putting a 20 year old game engine that wasn't that good to begin with into a browser?

It would be something to play though when im on a train or something. If I was going somewhere with regular internet I'd just take a laptop and play real eq.

tyen

<Banned>
Pathing is good, few quirks but the mobs are in the same spot on the client as they are on the server.

Started tossing in all the right models with their animations, found a good workflow to copy over shared animations w/ autodesk motionbuilder.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users