EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Shout out too all the forum bros who helped me finish my Kunark Flag today! At 52 now and was shocked at how large the power gap from 51 to 52 is. I was hitting 2h max 160 at 51 and it's in the 220 range at 52.

If any insiders have a GM ear, the Nek Forrest zone is still effed. Need to kill a guard for my epic but I can't even zone in. Bumped the bug post on the Nag forum but no reply. I know they had bigger issues the last few days.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
fix your nek zone file. rename nektulos.eqg to nektulos.eqg.bak or some shit. proceed with epic.

Hathe

Silver Knight of the Realm
Lost 16aa, 60 on one char, and about 20 pieces of loot from Veksar. Bummer.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm now fully converted to the dual Necromancer life. Level 45 and 51 atm. Tons of fun and a powerful combination.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm now fully converted to the dual Necromancer life. Level 45 and 51 atm. Tons of fun and a powerful combination.

Yeah, i can imagine if your dots stack and you got two BTFO pets going you could melt shit like butter.

What's better than one necromancer? TWO NECROMANCERS

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Fug, I love this game.

Had to bring the girlfriend to work this morning, because my car is having issues. Had 45 minutes before I had to be at work and came to the light where I either turned to go to work or go back home. Said fuck it and went get a 30 minute sesh in while I could. The addiction is real.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dexz

Golden Squire
Bad-Ass Server and they work thats gone into it really shows, Guild is fucking awesome and always willing to help a bro out. Removing the auto-scribe feature without having the spells availible at PoK vendors has me a little triggered. On the bright side, after camping juggs for 2.5 hours they have something close to an 85% chance to drop spells, however the loot table is huge !!!! Does anyone know if this is an intentional cock block / time sink or do they intend to assign those pre 60 spells to pok vendors in the future ? I for one do not want to start researching due to bunk ass trade skill process.

Side note, going to start up a 2nd toon, any suggestions as to what the guild needs ?

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Well removing autoscribe past 50 and leaving the spells in PoK would be an oversight. That's just another level of free stuff. The idea here is you go get them in the world. There isn't a PoK vendor for armor and weapons either. Drop rates are amazing anyway.

Play what you enjoy. The guild needs plenty of enthusiastic people who show up.

Dexz

Golden Squire
Shii.... I'm really leaning toward a mage to compliment my necro. Dual pets, dmg shield and nukes. On the other hand a war would be infinitely easier for a MQ nub to dual box.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm on the mage/mage train and it's pretty earl z moade. Did 1-15 in CB, 15-22 in Sol A and 22-50 in sol B in the course of an evening. Plowed naggy with zero gear, don't think me or my pets went below 90% life.

Also, the level 1 pets can legit own like level 5-8 mobs out of the gate. It's retarded.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just be forewarned. Scaling is highest in Classic, less in Kunark, and less and less for each subsequent xpac. Any single pet class is going to roflstomp Classic and Kunark. Just know once you start looking at Velious+ raid targets, you might find yourself wanting heals of some sort. Enjoy the classes you like, just know the game scales drastically across the xpacs!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I'm a little confused about getting this setup. It's been ages since I've installed any EQ EMU. The tinyurl link has like 9 tinyurls and then there are classic zone missing files etc. Can someone pretty please write a small idiot's guide to getting setup? I checked the first couple pages of this thread and did a search on their site, thought the FAQ might have it, but couldn't find a guide. Someone posted the tinyurl links on page 2 of this thread and mentioned having to follow regular EQEMU steps, but I suck.

Last edited:

Dizzam

Blackwing Lair Raider
Should be 10 tinyurl links for all the files. You don't "install" those; you just copy paste all of the files into an EQ folder (but don't put it in your Program Files folder). Then you need the files from the server website (linked on first page). Copy those into the EQ folder and replace any duplicates.

For EQEmu, you need to create a login on the EQEmu website. Use that to login to the game.

Also, need to create a shortcut to "eqgame". Right click on the shortcut, go to properties, and add a space and "patchme" after the target file. That keeps EQ from trying to patch when you run the game.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
You need to copy the url of the 10th link and then paste it into your browser. Extract all folders into one folder and then extract the spell files into that same folder. Send a shortcut of eqgame.exe to your desktop, right click it and add patch me at the end of the target path.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Was thinking about starting on this server. I guess the /scribe command scribes all your spells? But only works up to spell level 50?

What other neat convenient things should I know?

Server website is not super informative as others have mentioned

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm a little confused about getting this setup. It's been ages since I've installed any EQ EMU. The tinyurl link has like 9 tinyurls and then there are classic zone missing files etc. Can someone pretty please write a small idiot's guide to getting setup? I checked the first couple pages of this thread and did a search on their site, thought the FAQ might have it, but couldn't find a guide. Someone posted the tinyurl links on page 2 of this thread and mentioned having to follow regular EQEMU steps, but I suck.

In addition to what the others have said, you need to edit your eqhost.txt file. Replace everything in it with:

[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5999

Then save it. This connects you to the emu login server. If you are still having issues shoot me a PM

Edit: Disregard. If you get the RoF2 files from this server it already has the modified eqhost file.