EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Louis

Trakanon Raider
67d 13h 3m
Pretty sure you'll need a group(s) for VT. Mobs have a ridiculous amount of hp.

Jysin

Blackwing Lair Raider
26d 23h 20m
Blobs hit like trucks and are really the only difficulty if you aren't geared / AA'd for it. Get them slowed and keep your boxes out of rampage. The rest are easy mode and lots of mindless trash killing between them. AHR you can heal through walls and will want to keep your healer out of that AE. Pull AHR across the room just so you can keep your tank in range with your healer in the entrance area out of the AE behind the wall. Just time your slows between AE.

If you have never done the zone before, it will help to familiarize yourself with the map. There are multiple floors, invis walls, fake orbs that punt you out of zone, etc. Also, you must kill all bosses before AHR or the warders will DT you.

It is 3 boxable, but you really want to be max AA with significant gear. Taking another 3 toons with you will make the place a walk in the park.

Deruvian

Golden Knight of the Realm
6d 9h 14m
If you're having trouble with Sleepers, I think VT will chew you up pretty badly.

Last edited:

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
2d 22h 3m
VT will chew you up pretty badly
Probably. It was just breaking that one room that gave me issues, after that it was pretty cake. Even killed two Warders until I got too tired.

I just rolled a druid and a warrior to play around with to keep it fresh. I like to go through each class's epic. Even if they are ez mode here. Still fun.

Jysin

Blackwing Lair Raider
26d 23h 20m
If you don't know this trick, it might be considerable and nearly game-breaking.. Your tank should only ever be using Evasive disc on this server. It basically never runs out. Defensive is broken here, so pretty much everything was tuned around Evasive disc tanking bosses. Pretty important to know for anyone starting fresh here.

Deruvian

6d 9h 14m
Decided to roll some new toons here. Always loved the balance - want to see how far I can make it into PoP with just 3 boxes.

dyadestrant

Lord Nagafen Raider
50d 4m
Man, haven't played here in a while. Got a new PC and the thought of remembering how to set up MQ2 with macros and all that is really daunting

Got up to needing to kill Tunare and for whatever reason, that encounter would make my 3box DC. It always happened randomly, but I could never get her down because inevitably, I'd be disconnected.

I loved the server up until that point.

Deruvian

6d 9h 14m
That sucks. That's right around when the server gets fun.

Getting the AoW/Tunare/Tormax (needed for 65 quest) kills down at 60 with just 3 can be a challenge.

Just hit 65 on my nec/bst/SK combo, and just the levels makes doing those bosses a breeze. Having a surprisingly ok time on what is a long dead server.