EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
What's your name ingame? If you're on later tonight I can kill both those guys on my mage for ya or anything else.

Or anyone can, both can be soloed from zone in or island 4 or 5.
IGN thaloc.

Got both of them last night with some help. Then died a slow death to gore in dl right after.
We'd like to do as much content as we can by ourselves. Just to see how far we can go. Thank you for the offer though.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Anybody know a good site that'll list BIS items through the various eras? The TLP one is solid, but it seems to always default to 2H weapons being "BIS" for a lot of classes that can dual wield.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anybody know a good site that'll list BIS items through the various eras? The TLP one is solid, but it seems to always default to 2H weapons being "BIS" for a lot of classes that can dual wield.

It wouldn't exactly be right anyway. This server has increased proc rates, which can change how things parse vs live. You can head to the arena and do your own parsing if you can't make up your mind with weapon types.

In Luclin! Is the VT key the same rigorous shit as on live? Farming a buncha blues for 1500+ hours?

It is the same quest, however, the shard drop rates are massively increased. I knocked out 2 chars shards in a few hours. I think the Sun Revanents in The Grey can be the worst. Simply because there are only like 5 or 6 around that little lake and they take ~20mins to respawn. I just bound there, killed them all, then ran off to an adjacent zone to farm a diff shard. Gate back, rinse and repeat.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It wouldn't exactly be right anyway. This server has increased proc rates, which can change how things parse vs live. You can head to the arena and do your own parsing if you can't make up your mind with weapon types.

Well, even if it isn't 100% accurate, it'd be nice to get a solid idea of good 1Hers for Warriors/Monks/Rangers/etc. throughout the eras.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh, no prob. You missed the gravy train after you left. Once I hit 44, could group with wizard and own all faces. Paladin is 65 now :D

I'm making my own custom server hosted on my laptop for shits and giggles. Just going to uniformly buff all items and weaken mobs similar to NL. Seems pretty straightforward so far on the DB side, but creating the buff bots and stuff will probably take some work.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I was looking forward to nolifing this entire weekend. Feels bad, man.

Thoughts on my personal custom server:

Items 35% more powerful on all primary stats.
Weapons 35% more damage, 20% less delay
Going to boost PC spell damage by some % as well.

Lessening Mobs HP/AC/Resists/Accuracy by a scaling factor by expansion
Make unresistable not a thing
Make functional ZEM levels based on avg mob HP per zone. Going to set effective xp rate similar to Crushbone, etc on a HP adjusted basis across the world.

Thinking of trying to get Evasive to function as it does on NL
Thinking of getting evasive to work with very long duration & very long cooldown on cast for earth pets (may be pipe dream)

Also going to temporarily set rats in FP to drop all of temple of veeshan's loot table temporarily just to mess around lol.

SirJames

Golden Squire
Sorry about this guys. No data lost, just hit my limit on our Server (MS Azure). It will be back up Sunday.

Longer term we are looking at alternative options.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Sorry about this guys. No data lost, just hit my limit on our Server (MS Azure). It will be back up Sunday.

Longer term we are looking at alternative options.

Thanks for the update. Any idea what time on Sunday?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
No more AFK Droga for you!

I fired up a toon on Raid Addicts server. Totally custom and something different from the Classic - PoP grind that I am getting bored of.

Hrmm I will check it out, rolling Necro because I never go necro.