EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If my memory serves, the zones aren't static. Meaning, you can cheese the Fabled Skeletal Warlord to pop by entering and leaving the zone repeatedly until he is up. Sometimes you need to wait 20-30s for it to de-populate before zoning back in. Just use MQ2 to check if he spawns.

Or, you can camp it traditionally. The server has quite a boost for named spawn chance.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Yup, I do that from time to time with epic/quest mobs.

Is there a work around for getting the robes for the monk epic? Doing the qenos headband quest and I can't get the gnolls in Lake Rathe to stay up, they pop on zone load then all despawn after 1-2 seconds. That and putrid skeletons aren't dropping ribs hehe. Though I've only killed a few on my way to the Lake.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Yup, I do that from time to time with epic/quest mobs.

Is there a work around for getting the robes for the monk epic? Doing the qenos headband quest and I can't get the gnolls in Lake Rathe to stay up, they pop on zone load then all despawn after 1-2 seconds. That and putrid skeletons aren't dropping ribs hehe. Though I've only killed a few on my way to the Lake.

Kill Brother Z?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Tried the camping trick with Rathe Mrs the other night, never saw Brother Z though. I did kill him a week ago but I don't think he had the robe graphic.

Haven't had much of a chance to play last few days though. Thanks guys

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I did it for vanniki once and it took me like thirty times. Make sure you're staying logged out for about a minute.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Decided to try working on flags again. I can kill Master of the Guard no problem, but when I head to The Progenitors room I get swarmed by 8 -10 golems. Is there any way to split this room without crowd control? I'm 3 boxing a Mage, Pally, and Shaman all 65.

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Are they magic immune? could pacify them maybe? or try pulling with a lv1 pet (not sure if that works here, but it might)

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
They agro through the door. If I go halfway down the hall 3/4 of the room rushes. What is the pulling with a level one pet thing?

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Nevermind, I killed him. Let the pally agro through the door and die a few times while I picked them off one a time.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Was gonna say, any Tank / Shm combo is unstoppable on this server. I cleared all that when it was 2 box limit with my SK / Shm. No reason your Pal, Shm, Mag shouldn't walk the place. Especially at level 65.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
The boss wasn't an issue, it was all the newly formed golems agroing at the same time. That coupled with my utter lack of skill heh

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They agro through the door. If I go halfway down the hall 3/4 of the room rushes. What is the pulling with a level one pet thing?

At one point on live, you could send a lv1 pet to aggro from far enough away that things wouldn't assist. May not work here since pets have some distance limit, but I haven't tried it. Was just one of the possible pulling methods I thought of.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Finally killed The Final Arbiter and got two of my core three Luclin flagged. My Shammy missed out on the Vulak flag when it was still 2-box only. Had a couple minutes to kill this afternoon so ventured into Luclin for the first time. Got 3 shards on the mage, drop rate seems pretty good so far. I quit live after Velious so this is pretty new territory. Fun times.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the shard drop rate was bumped up significantly on the server. Some are crazy quick, but others you can still struggle. Those Sun Revenants skeletons in The Grey that only spawn every 20min and only has maybe 8 mobs around the lake, for instance. Those and the shards from Sanctus Seru were the only ones that gave me trouble. Still 100x easier than live farming.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
I must have been lucky, I killed two sun revenents and got a shard. These zones make me glad I never played Luclin.

How difficult is Vex Thal? Am I going to need a group or will the 3 box work?

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Blobs hit like trucks and are really the only difficulty if you aren't geared / AA'd for it. Get them slowed and keep your boxes out of rampage. The rest are easy mode and lots of mindless trash killing between them. AHR you can heal through walls and will want to keep your healer out of that AE. Pull AHR across the room just so you can keep your tank in range with your healer in the entrance area out of the AE behind the wall. Just time your slows between AE.

If you have never done the zone before, it will help to familiarize yourself with the map. There are multiple floors, invis walls, fake orbs that punt you out of zone, etc. Also, you must kill all bosses before AHR or the warders will DT you.

It is 3 boxable, but you really want to be max AA with significant gear. Taking another 3 toons with you will make the place a walk in the park.