EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Blah, that's not what I wanted to hear. Nag's leveling and advancement rate was such a sweet spot.
Give it a shot, as you can make some decent progress in an hour.

But I played a good bit yesterday and I'm still only like level 20.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Give it a shot, as you can make some decent progress in an hour.

But I played a good bit yesterday and I'm still only like level 20.
I also rolled on Stormhaven. It's fun and the content is nicely tuned, but it is slow and it's not really EQ to me. Yes it's the same classes, races, skills, etc... but I've never played some of these zones before. I'm used to knowing most of the classic OG/Kun/Vel items and progression and through the first 20 levels on Storm haven it's all different. It's really nice, but very different.

So I take it there was no luck with the more recent backup? I'd be willing to play on NL with a few bugs and some Rerolled GM for the occasional odd issue.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I also rolled on Stormhaven. It's fun and the content is nicely tuned, but it is slow and it's not really EQ to me. Yes it's the same classes, races, skills, etc... but I've never played some of these zones before. I'm used to knowing most of the classic OG/Kun/Vel items and progression and through the first 20 levels on Storm haven it's all different. It's really nice, but very different.

So I take it there was no luck with the more recent backup? I'd be willing to play on NL with a few bugs and some Rerolled GM for the occasional odd issue.

Best backup they had was from the 4th? SirJames has a server up currently right now. Think I may just continue to play on that for the time being until I hit roadblocks of needing groups.

Roraiel

Molten Core Raider
Not sure why SH is being called slow. I hit 30, with epic, blacksmithing at 100 to craft the ore for the second tier of Defiant quest armor in like 2.5 hours

/shrug

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Best backup they had was from the 4th? SirJames has a server up currently right now. Think I may just continue to play on that for the time being until I hit roadblocks of needing groups.
I know they had the one from the 4th or 5th, but there was talk a page or so ago of another backup from a day before the nuke. Didn't know if that fell through

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Gave SH a run. Basically played all night and got to 60 on an enchanter. Find myself stuck in some zone I've never seen before with a bunch of generic alien looking mobs (DON maybe?) and everything rapes me. All my gear is from like 5 expansions beyond anywhere I've ever played and I feel like the path forward takes me to increasingly random zones that I don't care about. Verdict is that level is definitely faster and more straightforward than NL, but something just seems to be missing for me.

Hosix

All labs matter!
Gave SH a run. Basically played all night and got to 60 on an enchanter. Find myself stuck in some zone I've never seen before with a bunch of generic alien looking mobs (DON maybe?) and everything rapes me. All my gear is from like 5 expansions beyond anywhere I've ever played and I feel like the path forward takes me to increasingly random zones that I don't care about. Verdict is that level is definitely faster and more straightforward than NL, but something just seems to be missing for me.

Doesn't give the feels of a dad server?

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I mean I guess it depends on what you're looking for. Your merc will basically rape everything's face off and there is definitely autoscribing and tons of QOL stuff. It's just not the version EQ that I really want to play.

And I mean I got to 60 and an epic in an evening, which is faster than NL was by a lot. It's just not for me.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the raids will be cool. Hopefully harder than NL raids, because they have all been a pushover so far.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
SirJames' server is the 10 backup server which is up now and running.
Secrets said he's making a brand new server with new code base.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Got it. So we have two choices:

1) Server from early September, but with a mod who doesn't know that he has time for it.
2) Completely wiped server, no ETA on when it'll be up though.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Got it. So we have two choices:

1) Server from early September, but with a mod who doesn't know that he has time for it.
2) Completely wiped server, no ETA on when it'll be up though.

Basically, SirJames said he'd be willing to make someone a GM to deal with things of that nature, but I'm pretty sure there's no one with actual eqemu dev experience to fix bugs and such on this one.

Secrets said all this in the discord channel.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
The gist, as I've come to understand it, is that Secrets has wanted to do a revamp of the underlying guts of the emu code for some time now and it was something that he and Maze were working towards. Paraphrasing, but I believe the idea is that he wants to be able to easily scale mobs etc across the entire game, which is different than what is on NL right now. I think he wants a lot of the same similar ideas, but it's not going to be a 1:1 clone at all, and may take a month+ to release.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's a shit load slower though, in my opinion. Not sure it's as good as a "dad server" replacement.
I'm going to amend this, because I tried using a merc today. Unfortunately, the game starts you off on a path that takes you to Nexus, but Guild Lobby is really the superior zone.

Mercs kind of make leveling stupid fast. Not sure if that's actually fun though.