EQemu - Nagafen's Lair (Reborn)

WHAT DO NOW?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Louis

Trakanon Raider
I have Velious and Kunark access, which for the most part is all I really care about. I'm kind of all over the place right now depending how much time I have to play. Epics, dungeon crawling, gearing up, ect. I've never did Plane of Air, Plane of Growth, or VP in my entire EQ career so that's all places I want to do.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
James, how hard would it be to reverse the crap that made a bunch of droppable items no drop aka attunable? Was so disheartening running thru Kael today, killing Tormax and Statue and getting all these CLASSIC twink items and not being able to give them to new players tarting on the server. And there's been a few in the last couple days, i help them as much as I can, but all this gear going to waste sucks. What a dumb decision that was. Swiftblade of Zek is a CLASSIC twink item. Horn of Hsagra, CLASSIC, Flayed barbarian skin leggings, wristguard of thunder, all that. Ugh.

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'd love to come back but when I logged in I'd literally lost an entire character, level 60 Necromancer with all but one flag done for Luclin access just toast. The other Necro is back to level 17, yikes.

Last edited:

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Does slow land on bosses in Velious and Luclin? My Paladin/Rogue combo just doesn't have enough healing/slow to power through these mobs and I'm thinking of reshuffling the boxes a bit.

SirJames

Golden Squire
James, how hard would it be to reverse the crap that made a bunch of droppable items no drop aka attunable? Was so disheartening running thru Kael today, killing Tormax and Statue and getting all these CLASSIC twink items and not being able to give them to new players tarting on the server. And there's been a few in the last couple days, i help them as much as I can, but all this gear going to waste sucks. What a dumb decision that was. Swiftblade of Zek is a CLASSIC twink item. Horn of Hsagra, CLASSIC, Flayed barbarian skin leggings, wristguard of thunder, all that. Ugh.

Hmm well not sure on that one. Unless we remove NO DROP from all the items, I would have to go to each NPC and update the items they drop. Personally, I am ok with the majority of items Velious+ being NO DROP, because there's lots of loot available in Classic / Kunark which will help new players and isn't OP.

I mean handing a level 1 Rogue an 19/18 dagger with 51 AC and 100HP seems a little overpowering to me, especially with how easy mobs are in Classic.

Leveling is already really easy, If we allow this I think it just speeds up how fast people get bored :(.

Those items in normal EQ were killed by a Raid of 30+ people and required a Guild.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
20 peeps on today several different times of the day. Some of you should reconsider coming back.

MazeEq

Lord Nagafen Raider
update items set attuneable = 0 where attuneable = 1;

That removed the attuneable on pickup I think.

The attuneable stuff was direct source modifications, but I believe that's how we instituted the bind on pickup.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Just wanted to let people know that the population on this server has been consistently rising since James brought it back up. I know a bunch of people jumped ship because of the untuned PoP stuff, but I feel like it is starting to hit it's stride again population wise.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Yeah I got Luclin flagged on Thursday which is nice. Having a serious blast, and more and more people are playing every day. Can't wait till Monday to grind some AA's, hit Droga, and finish my lvl 65 quest. I am a level 60 necro with 5k unbuffed hp, 5.5k unbuffed mana, and 1400 unbuffed ac. Farmed most of my own gear. It's so much fun.

Relapse

Trakanon Raider
I ended up just coming back here. It's chill sirjames is cool. Wished I could hit up drogafor some gear !

Vaultek

Molten Core Raider
Just wanted to let people know that the population on this server has been consistently rising since James brought it back up. I know a bunch of people jumped ship because of the untuned PoP stuff, but I feel like it is starting to hit it's stride again population wise.

That's good news. I checked a couple times when it first opened but didn't seem like anyone made it back yet, kinda lost heart. Glad to hear folks are back I'll be back later today (Skye).

Same happened to me, both my guys were gone but the gm here S SirJames (Sailfish in game) restored them for me.

That's awesome, I hope I can get a restore too. My wife and I lost about 10 levels, Kunark access and I lost my monk epic. Now I just wanna get a crew and hit up VP first thing!

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I just upped the ZEM on Hole from 1.0 to 2.0 , upped Growth Plane as well. I would try those too spots.

I really don't want to move Droga around to be honest. I prefer smaller changes.

That's good. I went to Hole early on because I've level'd there on a million characters over the last 14 years. The mobs are level 60 deep down and I used to farm AA's/levels up to level 75 there because the ZEM was so good and the mobs are so high level. It was great. But then on this server the exp was terrible and I couldn't understand. I was killing reds and getting crap. I probably won't check it out again soon since I have Droga access now, but it should have a high ZEM so that's good. I joined Fabled Europa since most rerolled quit, although there is this really terribly annoying piece of shit in their guild that is driving me absolutely crazy, not sure how much more I can take of him lol. Hopefully more rerolled come back.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Is his name Bubonic? Curious.

Nope. His name is Sven, a Male Warrior. And he has a Female Barb Shaman. He's the absolute worst. Terrible player, terrible drama queen, liar, is a loot whore, an asshole, bi-polar (actually that would be a point in his favor, since it'd mean he couldn't help it... he ACTS bi polar, to get away with his shit, like suddenly being helpful with a question to make up for throwing a tantrum, etc.) We were in ToV getting Vulak flag and fighting the Lady next to Koi Doken that silences. We split up monk/cleric/nec and war/shm to fight both dragons at once because... faster, and easy, (Monk/Clr is 65 and heavily aa'd/geared so can duo any of it) and anyways he let his 65 Shaman get perma silenced so that his Warrior died. So then our Monk pulled Koi Doken over to help tank so his Shaman wouldn't also die because that idiot didn't use LoS to avoid silence on his sham. Anyways he gates out immediately on Shaman and afk's as a ragequit. So the 3 of us had to kill both dragons by ourselves. Then later, tells other guildies we trained koi doken on him and killed him...we were in the same group idiot, and there to get you and I vulak flag, why would we train you? Another time we killed AoW for flag, and he threw a fit about rolling for Ring of Destruction, since his alt is Warrior and Ring Of Destruction should go to a Warrior my default! (uh, this isn't prime EQ with raids of 50+ where the tank is everything, this is ezmode server you asshat). Needless to say I didn't make a fuss and let him just loot the ring instead of rolling for it, despite having no rings myself and him having pretty good rings. Then, he goes and farms AoW himself and brags about "finally getting his 2nd Ring of Destruction". Lol that's just some of the shit, but that last part made me lose my shit and log off for the time.

I'm sure some of my guildies will read about this, but I don't care, I can't stand him any more. Might go guildless if I have to deal with him any longer lol. Hopefully /ignore will be enough, but it's tough on such a small server/guild. Sigh, I thought the days of Female Cleric antics were over, but this guy is worse than any I ever remember in prime EQ.