EQMac Now Free to Play

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Same as always. Temerity is half way through Time P5 now with Bertox/CT kills and Destiny just recently killed Fennin for the first time.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have to brag on this server as I picked it back up again. Guild Wars 2 bored me to death. I've played everything else with just no luck. Just wanted to run around some classic EQ out of some spare time opportunity and it really is a solid experience. I logged on and gave away a bunch a gear and then decided to roll a Necro for giggles. Everyone really supportive. Lower levels kind of empty but meh, I know what I have to do... I think I may just kick around on here for awhile until FFXIV throws me a beta or releases.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I'm still playing, it is fun. With the content being locked at PoP theres no real reason why you can't come and go as you please. Hit me up in game if anyone needs help. Barffer

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I'll look you up. Would primarily like a little help to 20 or if anything just a few items. Love going through the Karana's, Unrest, LGuk, etc.

Muligano - Main Necro
Muligan - SK alt

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I'll look you up. Would primarily like a little help to 20 or if anything just a few items. Love going through the Karana's, Unrest, LGuk, etc.

Muligano - Main Necro
Muligan - SK alt
I have a few odds and ends - bat skull earrings, other int stuff - you're welcome to, and am bringing up a trinity - warrior, cleric, ench - with my 65 druid, currently in their 30s. Will gladly buff or group with you if I'm on. Usually have to play late EST.

And yes, PC workaround still works.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I have a few odds and ends - bat skull earrings, other int stuff - you're welcome to, and am bringing up a trinity - warrior, cleric, ench - with my 65 druid, currently in their 30s. Will gladly buff or group with you if I'm on. Usually have to play late EST.

And yes, PC workaround still works.
Many thanks! Appreciate it. I'm typically one late EST as well. Work, Family time, etc. pushes me to the 8-9pm each night. Been a recent influx of new toons, from what i've heard a lot of people have all of sudden become frustrated with some emu servers.

See ya in game.

GrizzlyCL

Lord Nagafen Raider
I want to check this out now that's its f2p but I cant get the PC workaround to work. I used the method posted above and everything works until I try to load into character select where I get 1017 errors repeatedly. I've disabled anti-virus, my WSOCK32.dll and eqw.dll are present and not quarantined, and its installed to the C drive. Also, I see two eqmac servers and two al'Kabor servers at server select. If anyone has any advice that would be cool.

*Got it to work. Had EQMac on C drive but the rest of the game files were in a subdirectory, everquest under EQMac. Moved everything to EQMac and it worked.*

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
Is your antivirus blocking/quarantining the .dll file? If you get to the server select and crash when trying to get to character select that's a likely cause.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Same as always. Temerity is half way through Time P5 now with Bertox/CT kills and Destiny just recently killed Fennin for the first time.
We're on Quarm now. Unfortunately it's the pre-nerf version that was never killed. Walls don't block AoE's, 6,12,18 sec unresistable stuns within 300'. Going to be tough, some saying impossible!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wow! Grats. That's a pretty awesome accomplishment. Cannot wait to get to raid level.

Thanks Prod again for the earrings and buffs!

Leon

<Silver Donator>
None of quarm's AOE are resistible, and they power up as he loses head apparently (we're guessing right now). The lowest form of his Stun AOE in the database is a 6 seconds unresistible stun, which, since this version of quarm is also flagged unslowable, is pretty much a game killer. None of the walls blocked any of the AOEs. None of the debuffs had any curable counters.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have guild recommendations? I'm moving relatively slow. I'll be lucky to be 20 this week. Would love to eventually raid but still enjoying just taking it slow. I'm a necro if that helps any...

Prodigal

<Bronze Donator>
There are one or two guilds that are "casual" yet do manage to raid somewhat regularly - I know Pathfinders is in the Seru rotation and could handle mid level Luclin mobs and some PoP content, but their casual approach has cost them several core raiders which prevents them from Emp/VT/PoP progression. Dark Conquest used to have well organized open raids with DKP that worked well, but think they've had a set back.

Glad you could use the gear - anyone looking to group, my guys are @ 32 and I'll go wherever there's xp.