EQMac Now Free to Play

Zacx_sl

shitlord
None of quarm's AOE are resistible, and they power up as he loses head apparently (we're guessing right now). The lowest form of his Stun AOE in the database is a 6 seconds unresistible stun, which, since this version of quarm is also flagged unslowable, is pretty much a game killer. None of the walls blocked any of the AOEs. None of the debuffs had any curable counters.
This is all sounding incredibly un-killable...
I think your only hope is to get Hobart to update the potime zonefiles

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Hobart still working on EQMac? I wonder how much freedom he has to work, correct, and further development? As a newbie, the drop rate on newbie armor is screwed up. I'm sure that's pretty low priority due to most of the server being at the top and you can power level through things. Also, pathing in older zones is completely weird. We were in Najena last night camping a few items and it drove me crazy. However, it's been the most fun i've had in 5 years... easily.

Toogood_sl

shitlord
MySEQ for EverQuest Mac on PC (ShowEQ for Windows) (Al'Kabor)

MySEQ is a great program that lays out a mapping system for your EverQuest game. Displaying NPC names, levels and a very accurate GPS system.

Here is how you can get it to work on the EverQuest Mac on PC client.

1) Download and install the newest MySEQ fromHERE

2) Edit your myseqserver.ini file with a text editor like notepad. The file is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\MySEQ\myseqserver.ini. Replace the information in the file with this new data for the EQMac client.

[File Info]
PatchDate=EQMac

[Port]
port=5555

[Memory Offsets]
ZoneAddr=0x7987c4
SpawnHeaderAddr=0x7F94E0
CharInfo=0x7F94E0
TargetAddr=0x7F94EC
ItemsAddr=0x7F94A0
WorldAddr=0x7F9494

[WorldInfo Offsets]
WorldHourOffset=4
WorldMinuteOffset=5
WorldDayOffset=6
WorldMonthOffset=7
WorldYearOffset=8

[SpawnInfo Offsets]
NameOffset=0?01
LastnameOffset=300
NextOffset=120
PrevOffset=124
XOffset=72
YOffset=76
ZOffset=80
SpeedOffset=92
HeadingOffset=84
TypeOffset=168
SpawnIDOffset=148
OwnerIDOffset=150
HideOffset=174
LevelOffset=173
RaceOffset=170
ClassOffset=169
PrimaryOffset=194
OffhandOffset=196
EightBitRace=1

[GroundItem Offsets]
PrevOffset=0?00
NextOffset=0?04
IdOffset=0x0c
DropIdOffset=0x0c
XOffset=0?38
YOffset=0x3c
ZOffset=0?40
NameOffset=0?50

3) Download the map files. Also known as EQ Cartography Maps fromHERE. You can choose either the color maps or the standard black outline maps.
Then place the map files into your maps folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\MySEQ\maps)

4) Open the ShowEQ server.exe and minimize it. Then, open the MySEQ.exe client and you're ready to go!

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You already posted that on the last page, I don't get it. Maybe next page you should post a youtube video of yourself installing ShowEQ with FRAPS.

On another note, does anybody know if there is some trick to getting all the Luclin models turned on with the PC hack? I can only ever get it to turn on two models at a time in the options menu. Started a beastlord/druid box the other day and thank god for some nice person in Alliance giving me a Polished Steel Ulak or I'd probably have rerolled two casters by now, still running around with a few pieces of cloth at level 14 though looking like a naked Iksar. Good times.

foop_sl

shitlord
None of quarm's AOE are resistible, and they power up as he loses head apparently (we're guessing right now). The lowest form of his Stun AOE in the database is a 6 seconds unresistible stun, which, since this version of quarm is also flagged unslowable, is pretty much a game killer. None of the walls blocked any of the AOEs. None of the debuffs had any curable counters.
My memory is a bit fuzzy (10 years? ), but I don't remember any AoEs being blocked by walls in potime. It sounds like a challenging encounter
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Our first fight with him I somehow missed an AE, and we didn't figure it out. All the other bosses were flagged to make their ae go through the walls, but I think on live quarm's didn't go through for us. Pretty sure we were the first ones to take a crack at him. Maybe they changed it before we got there.

Seems like one of the zek brothers took awhile to get by, then after that maybe bertox was a bit tricksy. So long ago!

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
You already posted that on the last page, I don't get it. Maybe next page you should post a youtube video of yourself installing ShowEQ with FRAPS.

On another note, does anybody know if there is some trick to getting all the Luclin models turned on with the PC hack? I can only ever get it to turn on two models at a time in the options menu. Started a beastlord/druid box the other day and thank god for some nice person in Alliance giving me a Polished Steel Ulak or I'd probably have rerolled two casters by now, still running around with a few pieces of cloth at level 14 though looking like a naked Iksar. Good times.
Look me up in game. Barffer.

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
All of Quarm's AEs went through walls on PC servers back in the day, including the stun. He would just chew through tanks, I don't really remember anything about how we handled it except that we had a group solely assigned to ressing and rebuffing tanks.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
All of Quarm's AEs went through walls on PC servers back in the day, including the stun. He would just chew through tanks, I don't really remember anything about how we handled it except that we had a group solely assigned to ressing and rebuffing tanks.
For Quarm 1.0 yes, which i don't believe got killed by a lot of guilds. Quarm from live PC in his final version had 2 type of AOEs, the curable DOT+Slow or DOT+ mana dot was not blocked by walls, the big DD aoe you could avoid around the corner.
Quarm's room was the only room you could avoid AOEs, none of the walls in p4 or P5 blocked any AOEs.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Anyone have recommendations for Progression guilds? I've heard Vintage and Game Over are the more premiere guilds. Anyone know some of these guys and could provide some insight?

Toogood_sl

shitlord
Anyone have recommendations for Progression guilds? I've heard Vintage and Game Over are the more premiere guilds. Anyone know some of these guys and could provide some insight?
Vintage is legit they have been around a long time and every encounter i ever had with them has been nothing but quality. Stay away from Temerity and Destiny if you wanna enjoy the game at all those two guilds house just too many retarded people. They call themselves "top end raiding" guilds but has taken them 10+ years and they have not beaten the dumb game yet. Vintage all the way!!!!

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Vintage is legit they have been around a long time and every encounter i ever had with them has been nothing but quality. Stay away from Temerity and Destiny if you wanna enjoy the game at all those two guilds house just too many retarded people. They call themselves "top end raiding" guilds but has taken them 10+ years and they have not beaten the dumb game yet. Vintage all the way!!!!
Thanks... i'll look them up when I get a little higher level.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Bragon, do you think Quarm 1.0 is killable?
Yeah but it will require the perfect turn out and execution. We have a couple ideas on how to deal with the stun, our version of time allows for you to bind, so you can always try to cycle healers through. If the stun ends up being progressively worse (6 12 18 seconds) then it's pretty much going to be GG at this point.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Not going to have much time to play tonight but going to get set up. Enough time reading this thread and wanting to play and just never doing it. At least something to kill time with until Wildstar beta/release comes.

Thinking of Clr/Ench duo to start. That's viable right?

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Not going to have much time to play tonight but going to get set up. Enough time reading this thread and wanting to play and just never doing it. At least something to kill time with until Wildstar beta/release comes.

Thinking of Clr/Ench duo to start. That's viable right?
Super power group, many do go druid/ench as druids get that 75% ch on this server and the snare is SOO nice for charming.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
So how long did those fungusbeast glands last you guys anyway
Mainly use puppet strings and midnight mallet nowadays, cheap to recharge and good amount of aggro. Clicky aggro is key to the VZ fight, so we go through a looooot of clickies on any given time raids. Probly gonna be the same for quarm due to the ridiculous amount of time the MT is stunned not able to generate any threat.