EQMac Now Free to Play

althuna_sl

shitlord
Lol I remember all that happening in the early game too. It also happened if you ever ran over or on to an obstacle that the mob couldn't path through. It would just run 'inside' the rock or whatever, and then teleport on to you. The important thing.. is that the players died. That's all that mattered. It was impossible to levetate or climb up somewhere and shoot spells or your bow at something, the mobs were the boss, and they could get to you no matter what it took. So frigging cool.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Started playing in UGuk; far more enjoyable experience. XP is way faster and it's not buggy what-soever. I do miss having the ability to get bronze drops though.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
Trying to farm a copy of Call of the Hero in Sebilis, and ended up getting two Fungi Tunics from two myconid spore king spawns in a row
okay I'll take it

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Hmm are there any steps to getting an account enabled for eqmac? I resurrected an old secondary account and it can log in to regular eq but not eqmac.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
After a lot of reading around, I think they used to need to set a flag or something, but when they made it free, they flagged everyone. But this old account was banned (not really sure what happened) so it didn't get the flag.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm in Vintage but with my bullshit traveling work schedule I never get to play anymore.

althuna_sl

shitlord
I play it a lot, really love it, My guys are only 30 ish because i was busy but im back at it now. I'm making good progress now thanks to the generosity of others. I was struggling because my warrior was just such a bad tank with noob gear. But now he has lots of freebies from kunark era and beyond, which make him 10 times better.

My plan is to get in the 40s and then go camping for specific nameds to equip my characters. Some of them still only wear cloth, so i need some wis/int items and i need to make a bunch of money somewhere so i can afford to buy some nice jewelry. I also need bags... im going to be busy. Nice to have long term plans though, in other games id have everything by now.

althuna_sl

shitlord
Been playing as athunea, but have several other guys I play a lot too. Also been tempted to try to make my own AoE team, 3 wiz, 1 bard, 1 cleric, 1 ench. Just not sure I could pull it off without getting some kind of multi boxing software.

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I always thought you needed two enchanters for an aoe group.

I'll keep an eye out for you, my guys are 38 right now. I am not in what?, I saw those guys as well the other day.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
One enchanter can lock down small to medium sized pulls after level 52 when the enchanter gets color slant, but it's risky. Larger pulls increase lag which increases delays between casts, and with one enchanter any gap between stun durations means instant death. Also any mob resisting a stun means that mob is going to be beating on your enchanter which means possible interrupts.

Two enchanters is much safer and allows you to not use Color Slant, which is much more expensive than the previous 3 color stuns. Two enchanters cycling Flux + Shift + Skew can lock down mobs several times longer which allows your puller to pull multiple times before the wizards nuke them down. Pulling multiple times is necessary for larger pulls because you won't survive the initial aggroing of 30 mobs let alone when they all slam into you when you return to camp. If not pulling multiple times though, or if mana allows, replace Flux with Slant for safety. Also Color Flux is only 4 seconds long, so with two enchanters, make sure both enchanters cast in a different order.

Three wizards is overkill, especially with a bard. Replace one with a second enchanter and you'll do much better. Once you get your first Jyll's and you're not using supernova anymore, mana will not be an issue, especially if they have gear.

althuna_sl

shitlord
I dont think I can do it anyway. Im only on one pc and i never got isboxer or any of that fancy stuff to work. I'll probably get pwned. Maybe some rainy day i'll try it. Takes forever to level though. I think I am going to push on with my highest level guy. Once you get a single high level character you can at least farm easy items that can really help twinks whiz through the levels.

I use the PC hack too, I could play just fine if it wasn't for the annoying things like "the ALT bug". I find alt, shift, and control, all get stuck at times. I use Virtual Desktops, tried several and all work the same way. Its great because it lets you go straight to whichever character you want, rather than alt tabbing though them all, but the shift or alt or whatever getting stuck is annoying. I'll try to fix it some day.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
^^ someone mentioned to me that you can set a hotkey in eq windows' .ini that switches you between windows. he said the alt bug doesn't happen when you do it that way. i've barely played since he told me about it, though, so i haven't set it up myself.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
That is true and it works, but when you've been used to using alt+tab for switching between windows for years and years it is awkward to try and get used to anything else (imo). I have mine set to the ~ key but I still use alt+tab until it stops working, then there's 50/50 I just log off cause I get sick of dealing with it haha.

Yeah I've used the hotkey on another server, it works great. But I do more than just 2 boxes so I have to use something else. I'm doing alright now, I just had to set it to normal keys and not use ctrl or shift or anything, otherwise they get stuck. Still a few quirks left but not too bad. Only issue I have is that it takes me like 20 minutes to log in all my boxes and set everything up. But nevermind, 3rd world problems :p

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
I just use my laptop for the third box. It's actually pretty versatile as you can do stuff like heal at the same time that you're togglign the other two toons.