EQMac Now Free to Play

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
HAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHAH

The tears are flowing today everywhere.

KArma is a bitch.

Your macs are not that cool anymore huh

LULZ

Temerity how does raiding for 10 years and never beating the game feel?

butthurt to the max?

Your guild will be known 4ever as the worst collection of fagts ever that suck @ everquest.

LULZ

Nester

Vyemm Raider
It was fun while it lasted, no regrets, well i guess i regret that i was guilded with rellapse for a bit, but cant win them all.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Wonder what the community will do to send the server off?

Sleeper still there right? Can they kill it al a Rallos Zek?

Fish1_sl

shitlord
No chance of it being saved again?

For what its worth, I don't have a mac..... I only ever played it using the pc hack. And I played it because it's REAL EQ like the original games was, unlike EQ itself which is stupid, and unlike Vanguard which is a dumbed down version. It's the only EQ experience you can get. P99 is the only alternative but I couldn't 2 box on that server and its corrupt, and stuck in Kunark too long so pretty worthless to me.

My point is that I loved EQ Mac because it's the best version of EQ. SOE are stupid for not making a legit server like that, lock it at PoP or thereabouts and let people play EQ the way that many of them actually want to. Add in a shop for P2Win stuff and there's the funding. I don't know why they don't do this, I can only assume it's because they would be swallowing their pride and admitting that the second half of the expansions only harmed the game.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Thanks a lot, Secrets. Pretty much your fault that this shit is happening and you gotta be first to break the news?
Oh, I just saw an email in my phone. Sorry you feel that way.

No chance of it being saved again?
I don't think anyone here knows the probability of it being saved again. If I had to guess, Hobart pulled the plug due to the hackers and he was simply running it in his spare time.

Lenas, you should direct your hatred elsewhere. I did not make a single detrimental ('passive' or 'non-passive') hack for EQMac that was released to the public. Even ask Hobart, I fed him all the possible exploits I knew. The problem really lies in the warping detection... it's prevalent not just on EQMac but EQLive to this day. I am against that type of shit, and I am appalled that you would even lump me into that group of people.

I guess you're just looking for a scapegoat to direct your anger to, so I understand.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
Was not Secrets if anyone besides SOE cutbacks are to blame is the mac players.

Secrets did nothing but increase the server population on a shitty server

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Smed is just killing EQ intentionally or otherwise. Everything Sony has done post-POP has been to the detriment of EQ.

He WoWified EQ1 PC, turning the game into something that is nothing like the game we remember
He made EQ2, from day one of the design doc, NOTHING like EverQuest
He killed efforts to make EQ3 a hardcore, classic EQ1 like game
He wants to use the EverQuest IP and lore for his new experimental game that is nothing like classic EQ, at the same time airing HOW EQ CHANGED YOUR LIFE! videos
He refuses emulator creators like Yeahlight from using the IP in any way even after honest offers are made on behalf of Yeahlight to come up with some sort of equitable arrangement, which makes any classic EQ experience illegal as he refuses to create his own classic EQ gameplay game
Now he is killing EQMac when simple solutions could save it (donations, small sub fee, votekick)
Not to mention the whole F2P thing he championed which is working WONDERS for his company right now, really! It's the future man, every game will be free.

Rellapse_sl

shitlord
119neps.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Let me know when Rogean does something about the terrible state of the raiding scene on that server

Fish1_sl

shitlord
P99 is messed up because it's not a natural server. First off, there are a bunch of people who farmed manastones on day 1 and got loads of the things and now control the entire market on the server with them. And there are 1 or 2 high level guilds (probably the same people) who control the high level content in the game. Every important mob is killed the second it spawns by someone in the guild so that new high level players literally can't make progress unless they pay extortionate prices to the guild for their loot, or they get in that guild. So basically the high levels are misery for a lot of people, especially if you care about ever getting an epic etc.

The reasons I don't play is because the population is about 98% north american so the server is empty on my timezone, and also, I love multi boxing and its banned on the server. Also, I love velious and they still don't have it, so... it's just not a good server for me. I'd rather just play something else.