EQMac Now Free to Play

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I believe he just got re assigned full time to A'lkabor, and he's a worke horse, i have no doubt he'll fix most of this.

Amen to that Swag. My EQ career started as a wizard who I played for 8 years solo / duo'ed with my girlfriend (who played a druid). It was fun to be able to kite almost anything with huge crits, but I rerolled a warrior 2 days ago hoping to be able to form some solid groups. Not guild groups mind you, just comprised of friendly people who you could just group with and know they are capable. Seems Al'kabor has a low tank population so hopefully this works out.

I have absolutely 0 desire to box because back before I quit in 2008 I was boxing a wizard, bard, enchanter, paladin, and buffbot cleric. It turned into work instead of being a game I enjoyed playing. The autonomy was great, but there was no connection with anyone. Kinda like how a lot of the current crop of MMOs are today.

On a side note I am thankful that this version of the game stopped at PoPower as I considering it one of the two most solid MMO expansions I've ever played. I miss the difficulty of Gates of Discord, but that is for another discussion. Playing EQmac on a PC isn't to bad, but I have a spare hard drive that I'm considering putting osx 10.8 on just so I can play EQmac "properly" and have a working trader window.

P.S.
/rant on
The al'kabor economy sucks and makes it impossible for new players to get any type of player sold gear. I'm still running around with the starting sword completely naked outside of the newbie tunic at level 10.
one cool thing is most newbie armor quests are in the game. MGB go off frequently turning your melee into a wrecking machine. i didnt start seeing groups til PC really although I did group in CB on my druid all the way to 15. GL

Shuuhei_sl

shitlord
one cool thing is most newbie armor quests are in the game. MGB go off frequently turning your melee into a wrecking machine. i didnt start seeing groups til PC really although I did group in CB on my druid all the way to 15. GL
Yah, I appreciate the advice Traak. I was planning on starting the newb armor quests around 13 when I get dual wield.

I am currently duo'ing with my girlfriends druid. I essentially keep threat with taunt and she nukes / snares. Feel pretty useless at the moment. My melee is so pathetic Shield of Thistles does more dps than my melee swings/slam. Its quite sad.

Mascha

Trakanon Raider
Hi Torrid,

thanks for the input. I am still working on getting this to work, but still have the Login error. Anyway, 2 things:

4. Download EQMac via Sony's web installer here:https://lp.soe.com/eqmac/live/
This doesn't work with Opera. I know not many people use it, but I love it. Just use Internet Explorer in that case.

Your antivirus is probably blocking the hack from working. Secrets (the hack developer) altered functions in the wsock32.dll in EQMac folder
Yep, My antivirus blocked this and I had to create exemptions for bith the system scanner and real time scanner. Works now.

Thanks!

Aunt Edit:

Solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My problem was that my Sony password contained a special character (in my case a #), I logged into my Everquest account on everquest.com and changed my password.
Thanks a ton for the help!

Btw, my name will be Mascha, halfling druid :)

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I believe he just got re assigned full time to A'lkabor, and he's a worke horse, i have no doubt he'll fix most of this.
My Vanguard cleric is wearing a full set of his gear currently. Hobart's XX of Amelioration :p

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I've been 3 boxing but that is getting old for me. I'd like to see some groups / join a guild with some FoHers.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
[Wed Dec 19 17:33:01 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'Btw, cliff note version of the fixes. Spell Casting Subtlety no longer breaks Concussion and Boggle. Voice of Thule is fixed. Boastful Bellow fixed(i.e. nerfed) Bard run speed cap fixed(i.e. nerfed and refixed properly)Burning Affliction Focus works on dot ticks'
[Wed Dec 19 17:33:28 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'Lots of other AA issues fixed, however, some won't be visible until we do a client fix'
[Wed Dec 19 17:34:05 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'These changes are ONLY in Plane of Tactics'
[Wed Dec 19 17:34:17 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'A server reset is required to update all zones'
[Wed Dec 19 17:35:38 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'Other things fixed but require a spell or client update. Beastloards now have MGB AA, Celestial Regen and Renewal are working and like Live PC'
[Wed Dec 19 17:36:22 2012] Hobart BROADCASTS, 'And Mage AA Forms are 15 mins instead of 72 like Live PC'

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Hobart talking about bard buff window and other cool changes, can't wait.

frown.png
gah it was my one hope for EQ. I can't play p99 because of low population too and the no boxing rule.

frown.png

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Why in God's name isn't there a broadcast before the server reboots? Or a forced character save? Nothing like dinging 15 seconds before the server goes down, then logging back in and seeing I'm at 74% into the previous level. And those 'soandso saved.' messages are bullshit, because I got one 4 minutes before being kicked.

I don't want to be 'that guy', but christ. It's gotta be one line in a shutdown script or something.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
I'm willing to start a toon with anyone here, but rolling as a random newb did not work for me.

Please PM or respond in thead if interested, I'm def not getting my EQ fix on MQ/SEQ infested P99.