EQMac Now Free to Play

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Swag what is your in-game name and class
Swampfeet / BST

I started too, my UI seems to be ok although I get an error message in red every time I zone, but it seems to have no ill effects so far. Did you follow the instructions on page 1 carefully? They are kinda complicated and so easy to make a little mistake.
Yeah I followed them exactly. poweroftwo UI ftw.

Swagdaddy

It's alright, kinda sucks though you cant change the sizes of the UI boxes. Large improvement over the default though.

Shuuhei_sl

shitlord
Is that what it definitely is? I tried to disable everything.

One issue I'm having is that my computer is 64 bit, but editing the ini file to 64 won't work.
Specifically:
VideoModeBitsPerPixel=
BitsPerPixel=

I save them to 64, but if I exit the file and come back in, they are back to 32.

Edit: Disabled avast, even turned off windows firewall, still getting the issue.

Edit 2: Turns out that avast had deleted the .dll file, I recopied it over - success!
That is video bits, not memory... It must be set to 32 for both. 64bit video doesnt exist for everquest. Its only 16 or 32.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Has anybody found a remedy to the client lag issue when using the PC hack? My enchanters just turned 44, so I'm starting to PBAoE; and even with small pulls of a dozen or so, I'm getting what looks like packet loss on the latency meter in the corner. I haven't tried larger pulls just yet, but when I'm higher level I'm going to want to pull a lot more, and if I'm getting packet loss with less than a dozen, it kind of worries me.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
It has nothing to do with the server. The PC client hack just sort of chokes when a lot of data is sent to the client. You wouldn't see it unless you were raiding or AoEing a lot of mobs.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Meh, I play in OSX and it's laggy as fuck still. Packet loss is very common. Never go LD but spells will lag now and then.

The lag is my only issue with this. It's especially bad when I'm boxing lots of characters because sometimes I will be running and then turn and some of my boxes keep running past me and don't turn etc.. Sucks. It's also dangerous in combat because most of the time I just can't spam any spells because it will give me the "Spell recovery time not yet met." which you should never get. And it's clear to see how bad it is when I use my auto follow macro. On my boxes I have /target Mytank and then /follow. It never worked because it tried to trigger the follow command before it even targeted the tank. So I had to put a pause command in between, and even with Pause 3 it still sometimes fails to work because just targeting my tank takes like 5 seconds sometimes.

I wondered about trying the second Al Kabor server maybe. There is also that old Datarate thing you can change but I'll do that soon.

But at least it's just about playable for now. And I love the game. Playing the original EQ before it got lamed up is great, and being able to do it with as many boxes as I want is just amazing... Love it.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I've been 6 boxing and I don't notice the lag you describe. My autofollow works fine. It doesn't take 5 seconds to target something. (isn't that client side anyway?) I do get the occasional 1-2 second delay before spells begin casting though, but I've been PBAoEing pulls of 20ish and not dying, so it's not been killing me. (what kills me is the fucking mob warping and leashing. makes me yearn for p99's pathing) My /assist player /cast 1 macros work fine. I'm using the PC client with datarate set at 9.

The "spell recovery time not yet met" error is because the server refuses to let players cast a spell too fast after a previous cast. Probably as an anti-hacking/exploiting measure. Everybody gets it if they chain cast low cast time spells. (such as tash, or level 1 nukes)

Ahh thanks. Well maybe I'll try datarate 9 and see if that helps too. I also wouldn't mind getting rid of the 'alt getting stuck down' issue whenever I alt tab. I get that in some other games too but it can be a nuisance.

Swagdaddy

Only issue I share with you qwert is the stupid alt thing. I agree the server has been great so far.

Wrathbane

Golden Knight of the Realm
If you use your EQW hotkey to swap windows instead of alt+tab you won't have your alt key getting stuck down. I just have mine re-bound to my ~ key and I can swap around much easier, never have the stuck button issue anymore either.