EQMac Now Free to Play

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Idiot question, but to use the PC hack do you absolutely have to use the Titanium edition of EQ, or can I just install from my original discs for all those expansions?

korzax_sl

shitlord
I installed from my original pop disks with no problems. I also don't have any of the lag that people complain about, that might NOT be related.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Feel your pain bro, Im 65 in a crafted BP, AC 10 legs, and fine plate pauldrons. My AC is right around 950. Cant even tank in BoT or Tactics. Tough getting groups.
Jesus i thought you were like in your 40s went i lent you the SoDs. Lol you need to do Cursed.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I know bud, brutal out there. The only real raiding guilds now are Destiny and Temerity. With their rosters the way they are I doubt recruiting opens any time soon.

Not the server, but the PC client hack. Secrets indicated that she would help Hobart disable it if Hobart didn't want it working. So far Hobart hasn't said anything (to my knowledge) that he wants it non-functional, but I'm not about to raise tradeskills to 200+ without some assurances that it won't go to waste.
Ahh if they did I would resort to extreme measures.

I installed from my original pop disks with no problems. I also don't have any of the lag that people complain about, that might NOT be related.
Do you live in Cali? I'm thinking my distance might be an issue. It's not unplayable though, now that I changed the datarate. It's mostly fine, just a slight delay sometimes.

Leon

<Silver Donator>
I know bud, brutal out there. The only real raiding guilds now are Destiny and Temerity. With their rosters the way they are I doubt recruiting opens any time soon.
We don't turn down people, ever, unless obviously they are huge fuck up, but we have a shitload of warriors (which we chew through like they are nothing in PoTime though)
Torrid, i don't believe hobart will shurt the PC hack down. First of all it wouldnt' be that easy of a fix for him to implement, and would most likely require a new launchpad. Second of all i just don't think he give a fuck about at this point. Most people don't want the PC hack gone, they mostly blame free to play for the massive influx of bullshit and RMT'ing etc, most guidls gained valuable members with the PC hack, good players who wouldnt' be there without it, so i don't think there will be a major complaint to shut it down.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Well good, because I'm too addicted to stop playing. I totally need to become a halfling tailor and give people more reason to love me.

Also most likely going to roll a tank in the future. Kind of hard to do zones like CT or PoP without one. AoE is fun as shit, but it is limited to only a few zones. Screw rolling a warrior without access to RZ weapons though, even though I loved mine way back when. Thinking paladin would be the way to go for stuns and LoH on charm breaks, DA and heals for AoE pulls. Hell, they even get 90% res. SK infinite mana was fixed right?

I am playing with a warrior and I love him. It would be mindblowingly boring to play by itself... but seeing as I'm 6 boxing it's perfect. I wanted to do a Pally because they were gods in a previous EQ Emulator I played, but at the last minute I went with Warrior. I'm glad now. I was really lucky in the first few weeks, someone gave me a Short Sword of the Ykesha and I snagged some ok tank gear along the way too. It's only chain but it's got like +10 strength on it or something and decent AC. Then in my second hand I have some claws that are +5str +5dex or something like that. I grab aggro in seconds and it really takes something to steal aggro, and with cleric buffs he can easily tank 4 dark blue mobs without haemorrhaging hp. And the best thing is that he is easy to play in a 6 box. Just hit taunt and kick, engage auto attack and leave him to do his thing.

I feel the same way about the PC hack. I can't see them doing anything because I don't think it really harms them. If 1000 former EQ players moved there then maybe they would be annoyed, but the population is so low I don't think anyone cares. And in fact, without us PC players the server would be totally dead.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm having a great time with this game. I just wish that more people would play. It'd be nice to have someone to group with from time to time. I am in the early 30s and haven't had much luck getting groups the last few days, and as a rogue it's hard to solo much!

Wrathbane

Golden Knight of the Realm
Anyone found a fix for the weird artifacts that happen on the PC client when you're inside of an object? Looks like your video card is overheating almost, and it makes it extremely fucking annoying when you're trying to tank something. It's almost seizure inducing.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Anyone found a fix for the weird artifacts that happen on the PC client when you're inside of an object? Looks like your video card is overheating almost, and it makes it extremely fucking annoying when you're trying to tank something. It's almost seizure inducing.
F9 or I think Radeon cards don't cause problems. Never tested it but I think I remember hearing that, something to do with new Nvidia cards/drivers not being compatible with the old ass EQ engine.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah I will have to. I already have that on my auto follow macro, but I really didn't want it in my cast macros because it will add valuable seconds to a life saving heal or an important nuke
frown.png
But I'll just have to. Hopefully I can get away with 1 second.
You won't have any delay that is noticeable other than by the client by adding a half second pause, and it'll solve all your problems. /pause 10 = 1 second. So /pause 5, and that's half a second and plenty of delay to let the client grab it's target. Hope it works for you.

KrimzinIV_sl

shitlord
Started here bout 2 weeks ago with my guild its been amazing so far if any old In Virtue are lurking around here msg me in game.

Krimz
In Virtue

yraapt_sl

shitlord
Is it possible to use ISBoxer with the pc-hack client? Or is there some other boxing software that is popular for this server?

Widmere_sl

shitlord
Decided to roll a pair of toons on this server and am having a ball. Starting out is as hard as I remember it 12 years ago ... And I love it. Thank you for spreading the word about this server. Having more fun than any recent MMO in many years.

Aye, shame. If you want to multi box, I highly recommend learning to make your own macros with something. If you have a Logitech mouse or Keyboard you can use Setpoint to make macros that work great for the game. Microsoft keyboards have something similar now too.

For just 2 boxing you don't really need anything, but with 3 or more characters, you can do things like set up a macro that tabs twice. That means you just press one button on your mouse or keyboard, and it instantly tabs through the 3 characters in sequence, one by one. You can do more than that too, and I plan to macro the hell out of it eventually, but fizzles are a big concern.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I use Virtual Demensions for boxing. ALL it does is split your desktop into a bunch of mini desktops that you can cycle through with hot keys, For example my main and cleric are on CTR-1 (i have dual monitors so one on each screen) then each addtional box is added on CTR-2 CTR-3 CTR-4 Respectivly. All this does it keep you from having to alt tab to different boxes. It has no scripts or anything so you are still at the mercy of in game macros, but really that is all you should be doing. It is basicly runs the same as spaces or mission control for macs. Nothing worse than a charm breaking and alt tabbing to the wrong box as your ench gets owned, or missing the cleric box when you need that quick heal.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
You really have me on the edge of attempting something like this, but I play on an actual mac (Macbook Air), and I'm not sure it could handle 6 boxes. Hmmmm.
Well I certainly don't do that on just one physical machine. I use 3. There is no way to send commands to inactive/background windows short of VMing each EQ instance as far as I know. And trust me, people have googled the hell out of this to try and find a way.

For boxing software, I highly recommend HotkeyNet. It's really quite polished and usable. It is particularly nice for people on more than one physical machine, though you could just use it to replace alt-tab with something that won't stick the alt key on, by making a ToggleWin button. I also use it to basically log in for me so one button combo will launch EQ and login any particular account I want. One button takes me to character select. (be careful you don't accidentally /say your login info doing this, which has happened to people)