EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I've heard a few people have found it, but can't prove it. No screenshots, so it's probably just really terrible trolls. That won't stop me keeping a eye out for strange patchs to whack at while I look for rubies/sapphires/obsidian and alabaster. =)

Seems strange to me that Alabaster is in game, and that's a T5 stone.
It's supposed to be a tier 4 (just like Marble was supposed to be tier 2), but they messed up stone placements and tiers. In theory, you should have Marble forge = tier 2 marble + tier 2 iron + tier 3 tungsten; Amaranthine forge = tier 3 Amaranthine + tier 3 tungsten + tier 4 cobalt; Alabaster forge = tier 4 Alabaster + tier 4 cobalt + tier 5 mithril.

(and normally, you'd get a Stone forge = tier 1 worked stone + tier 1 copper + tier 2 iron and we'd start with a Brick forge, but they skipped it and made it tier 0)

Meatus_sl

shitlord
i7-3770k, 7950 Sapphire ATI radeon, 16gb ram. Every gfx setting maxed out and running at 30 fps, quite dissappointing
Something else... seems though as some fan or whatever in my pc is making overtime. Making more noise than with any other game on maxed settings (skyrim, BF4).

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Anyone figure out how to hide the glowy box that is always around you claim? Trying to get screenies and that it just ugly.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
When we gonna start having pick-measuring contests?
Let the measuring begin.
rrr_img_59591.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Does the /friend command work yet? I've friend requested my brother and he, I, but we can't seem to accept the request.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Wife and I figured out how to place claims right next to each other ignoring the larger bounding box. You have to place the claims as the same moment and you can get the claims right next to each other, maybe even touching with some practice.

rrr_img_59592.jpg

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Running 3770k OCd to 4.3 , 16GB RAM , Samsung 240 Pro SSD , EVGA Titan (not oc'd any atm), at 2560x1440 with everything max'd but shadows bumped one down and get avg 50fps , does vary all over the place from 30 to 60 though , and at odd times , not necessarily when lots going on or vice versa

Noahx

N00b
A mountain has all sorts of potential - you have a unique setting. Huge opportunity to add massive height, long / high flying walk ways, and staircases that wind for days.

Is it possible to "dig" into the mount and create an internal Temple of Doom / carved setting?

Terial

Trakanon Raider
I found the solution to tree farming....
turns out my 5 year old is extremely happy to mow down forests at all times lol
he's been at it for about 30 min now

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I found the solution to tree farming....
turns out my 5 year old is extremely happy to now down forests at a time lol
he's been at it for about 30 min now lol
My oldest turns 5 this week and this was my plan also. Give him a free account once it launches and trade his character max tier axe/pick and let him go at it on his low end rig building him soon.

Once they put in combat I'll have to make sure he has whatever equip can twink him with to help keep him alive. Maybe monsters on tier 1 and 2 will be "easier" thus easy for him to kill them and he can just go crazy on burled wood at least
smile.png

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Awesome pictures of a castle in moonlight
Wow, just wow. I will definately be back when this game goes gold to check all this stuff out. SOE is SO smart with the whole EQnext landmark before EQnext thing: they will have a huge library to pick from when they are making EQnext itself. I am starting to hope that we may see more then 3 startingcities again just because they will have so many templates/models to choose from.

Wood Elf cities, Dark Elf cathedrals, Hobbit towns, you name it.