EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

misery_sl

shitlord
Wow, just wow. I will definately be back when this game goes gold to check all this stuff out. SOE is SO smart with the whole EQnext landmark before EQnext thing: they will have a huge library to pick from when they are making EQnext itself. I am starting to hope that we may see more then 3 startingcities again just because they will have so many templates/models to choose from.

Wood Elf cities, Dark Elf cathedrals, Hobbit towns, you name it.
Yeah, pretty crazy when you think about 30 thousand or so alpha testers (accurate? no idea) all building their own little creations on their plots, and we'd all be more than happy to have our works featured or edited and placed into the actual game.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'll post more at end of the weekend, just getting started.

Laying Foundations
rrr_img_59602.jpg

Building front facade
rrr_img_59603.jpg

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Okay, so i'm confused... I can mine tier 2 stuff but i can't find any, on my map it says Tier 1 Map, am i suppose to somehow move to a tier 2 map or are the tier2 items just in a different location on my map somewhere that is rated as tier 2? For example Topaz, i can't find it anywhere.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Click on the crystal at the spires to move between maps and you can see what tier they are

Terial

Trakanon Raider
ahhh thanks
smile.png
But does my claim stay on the tier 1 map? or do i need to pick up and move?
basically stupid to put claim down on a tier 1 map then

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Claim stays where ever you put it, doesn't matter what map you take your character to.

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Wife and I figured out how to place claims right next to each other ignoring the larger bounding box. You have to place the claims as the same moment and you can get the claims right next to each other, maybe even touching with some practice.

rrr_img_59592.jpg
That big red box? means jack and shit if you are above or below the perimeter box (which you can't see anymore). Your claim is lower than the other one, meaning you can slip under it.

misery_sl

shitlord
ahhh thanks
smile.png
But does my claim stay on the tier 1 map? or do i need to pick up and move?
basically stupid to put claim down on a tier 1 map then
I picked my location based on various factors. I picked a tier 3 map for obvious reasons. Map is also half desert for easy visibility during ore farming, and half trees/green for wood farming. My location is right by the spires near both map types. It will be easier when they come out with their uber maps that have all tiers combined into one and will hopefully be more than just ittle bitty squares.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I am having a helluva time making cylinders. Made a base circle, built it up by copying and pasting it on top of each other, selected the whole thing and then picked the smoothing tool and turned it into a circle. However, it only smooths so much and never makes a cylinder. I have looked at a bunch of tutorials and must be missing something.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I am having a helluva time making cylinders. Made a base circle, built it up by copying and pasting it on top of each other, selected the whole thing and then picked the smoothing tool and turned it into a circle. However, it only smooths so much and never makes a cylinder. I have looked at a bunch of tutorials and must be missing something.
How big a cylinder are you making? I've found for smaller circles it's better to use the sphere and chop out the center to build with rather than using square voxels to make a circle. The smoothing tool doesn't seem to work as well on smaller diameters. For much larger circles the minecraft style of circle works just fine with the smoothing tool.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
Copy cross section of Sphere, stack it, hollow it out.

Menion_sl

shitlord
How big a cylinder are you making? I've found for smaller circles it's better to use the sphere and chop out the center to build with rather than using square voxels to make a circle. The smoothing tool doesn't seem to work as well on smaller diameters. For much larger circles the minecraft style of circle works just fine with the smoothing tool.
It's a number 9 sized circle on the chart below with 27 sized blocks. I may just try it with a smaller sized block with a bigger circle. Was trying to make a tower. I haven't tried with a circle yet. May give that a shot in a bit.

Circle Chart - Minecraft Constuctions Wiki

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Man this makes me want to play this game. Then I read about how many claims are getting annihilated.
Treesong_sl said:
Wow, just wow. I will definately be back when this game goes gold to check all this stuff out. SOE is SO smart with the whole EQnext landmark before EQnext thing: they will have a huge library to pick from when they are making EQnext itself. I am starting to hope that we may see more then 3 startingcities again just because they will have so many templates/models to choose from.
It makes total sense but have they explicitly stated they want to copy people's designs for EQN?