EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
Alright! My maze interior is done. 5 levels, for now. Check it out if you feel like crawling my shitty first person labyrinth. I had fun making that. Now I just need to pretty up the inside (Pixel art on the walls, eventually), and make the outside look more natural. Maybe add a winners circle at the top.

Courage server, Alas Islandhttp://i.imgur.com/c0QCeC6.jpg
Alright Tol, i'm in... so it's pretty cool
smile.png
bigger then it looks in the pics you posted

Edit: WIN
smile.png
i made it to the end and i must say by the 3rd floor, you want out lol, well done
smile.png

There are a few places where you can just exit the whole thing (missing side walls) but overall, it was a fun maze to run through.
smile.png

Tol_sl

shitlord
Alright Tol, i'm in... so it's pretty cool
smile.png
bigger then it looks in the pics you posted

Edit: WIN
smile.png
i made it to the end and i must say by the 3rd floor, you want out lol, well done
smile.png

There are a few places where you can just exit the whole thing (missing side walls) but overall, it was a fun maze to run through.
smile.png
Awesome, glad you liked it! I had opened the walls of one side up so I could get in for some quick edits, guess I forgot to close it off, haha. Yeah, floor three seems to be where most people get turned around. I had one guy ask me if it was possible to get out or if I was just messing with people. It was fun to build, and I'm sure people with more patience than me will make some incredible 20+ level crawls. I wonder if we'll eventually be able to put monsters and traps in.

I was thinking of putting in pitfalls that drop to lower levels, but that would probably just be too tedious and people would quit halfway, hah.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
No idea what i'm going for yet, i've never really built "housing" i tend to build abstract things..

Current Floor
VHZ0ZCK.jpg

Current Top of claim "roof"
xaF1aKm.jpg

The lighting as it moves around day/night cycles makes the shadows appear all outside my claim and checker pattern on everything outside my claim
smile.png

49gPiPi.jpg

dogbarf_sl

shitlord
Apparently putting cages around people when they come on your claim is against the rules. Even though im Alpha testing.

rrr_img_59774.png

Managed to get ~15 people within an hour, best pvp i've had in a while.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man this makes me want to play this game. Then I read about how many claims are getting annihilated.

It makes total sense but have they explicitly stated they want to copy people's designs for EQN?
On this page:Landmark - EverQuest Nextit sais that they will hold contests but also keep an eye out for the coolest things players have made in Landmark. Quote:

Permanent Change
Make Your Mark
The best buildings players create will become part of Norrath - the EverQuest Next world - FOREVER! We'll be running exclusive contests to design parts of the world AND our designers will be keeping an eye out for the coolest fortresses, castles, caves, treehouses, fireplaces - anything awesome that fits within the world of Norrath. You never know when something you build might become a Landmark!
I can see a group of players make an entire Hobbittown in Landmark that will look better then anything we have seen so far when it comes to details. Who knows SOE may port that over to EQnext? I think you get royalties then, not sure.

In Minecraft, a group of players built the entire city of Kings Landing from Game of Thrones. It is incredable what fans can create:minecraft Kings landing - Google zoeken

xzi

Mouthbreather
Anybody else having strange camera problems when underground? It seems every single time my character swings a pick my camera zooms in and out and it makes it really hard to see what or where I'm mining

Sabbat

Trakanon Raider
Anybody else having strange camera problems when underground? It seems every single time my character swings a pick my camera zooms in and out and it makes it really hard to see what or where I'm mining
They changed something with the loot spray so that it always moves out from the ground and gathers at a point just behind your back. When this happens those voxels move in front of the camera, so it repans. Fucking annoying.

Sapphires and Rubies are the hardest boss in this game
frown.png
. I would rather farm Burled Wood than run to another Cobalt vein, see that it's tiny on the surface and get excited only to watch it widen out under the surface and have Rubicite attached to it. The worst part is I only need TWO more fucking sapphires.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If you save your structures as a template and delete your claim, will you get a claim flag back? I want to try and find a better spot.
Here's some of mah house.
Nice job McFly I like the marble and windows. you can flatten out the bottom of your stair case with the line tool if you dont want to see the floor pattern underneath it.

I just put on roof
rrr_img_59777.jpg

Raign

Golden Squire
Anyone got any screen shots of the actual entrance into Sebelis kicking around their hard drive? I have some once you are in the sloping entry hall but google is failing me on the actual approach to the dungeon itself. It has been so long. I remember the ruins but not the doorway in

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Anyone got any screen shots of the actual entrance into Sebelis kicking around their hard drive? I have some once you are in the sloping entry hall but google is failing me on the actual approach to the dungeon itself. It has been so long. I remember the ruins but not the doorway in
The entrance was a large half circle of crystal with little spinnerets at the corners