EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm thinking of buying this although I hate paying to alpha. Can anyone explain what is the main difference between the $99 pack and the $59 alphas?

Thanks for any info
A couple in game items and a head start at open beta release. If you have the money, do the $99. The +crafting item alone is worth it, forget the advantage the Trailblazer pack gives you in the impending land rush.

Your average $60 AAA title gives you what.... 15hours gameplay? Maybe 20 if you are lucky? I've already gotten that out of Landmark with no end in sight.

Your call.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
WTB real life line tool to click and delete the snow off of my roof to keep the already growing ice dams at bay (just got done). Hooray for winter!

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Uh, read the difference between the two on the founder buying page? That's the only difference, the things listed.
Yes, thank you Cinge.

To clarify, what I'm asking, is any of that shit that they have listed actually worth the extra money in game? I don't care about looking pretty, titles, or anything that is fluff.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Well that's what you should of asked, now what is the difference between the 2 packages.

The + crafting bracers are the only +crafting I've seen, but who knows if that is true come live. So they do actually help in game(iirc they make it so you have a better chance @ rare/legendary items). Other then that I don't think there is any non cosmetic differences between the 2 packages(not counting the 4 1 week closed beta keys and obviously the gathering potion that is only good in alpha).

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't think you made that clear. What would have been clear is: "Hey, I read up on the differences between the two alpha packs, and my question is, how great are the trinkets in the $99 pack? Are they worth it?". The differences really are that you will get a pickax that combines the highest tier axe with the copper tier (I believe) pick. The vault is nice to have right off the bat as you can access stored shit from anyone else's vault, and the crafting trinkets of +gooder and cosmetic outfits are nice. It's the same as all the CE shit really. You will eventually bypass them through steady play. How much of an advantage do you want to pay for in the early game is your answer.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Is it not clear I was asking someone in game if any of that shit made a difference?
Use your words next time bro.

The mastercraft bracer could end up getting you an awesome crafted items, and the vault will save you a lot of gathering early on. Both save time, question is whether or not you think that time is worth an extra $40.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The 100 pack gives a 2 day head start on grabbing a claim when the game goes live. If you plan on playing the game, that's worth it alone, I think. That's only going by what we've seen so far. The world is probably going to be much different, size-wise, by the time it releases.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Apparently, they're taking an extra-long weekend for Valentine's day to compensate for the alpha launch dev woes ("Hi honey, I'm home early! Let's party, given that you won't see me again for the next three months of crunch time")

Terial

Trakanon Raider
... months of crunch time")
wow dude, thanks for the memories... since i've left the gaming development industry i have not heard the phrase "crunch time." It's been years and just hearing it again brings bad memories flooding back. Thanks for that
smile.png

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Posted a few min ago

"Hi everyone,

We will be bringing the servers down for an update at 4:30PM PST. We do not currently have an ETA for when the servers will be back up.

You can tune in to the livestream (4:00-5:00PM PST on twitch.tv/eqnlandmark) for updates. Patch notes will be posted later this evening as well. ..."

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Update notes in 1 hour (Per Twitch stream)

12 new materials, some new in house items, bug fixes, etc