EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Carl_sl

shitlord
All of the EQN development currently happening is the toolset creation. Mob creation, AI scripting, etc. really needs to be in game before they can create real content and those tools aren't done yet. I'm sure they have people working on design documents and systems, but I doubt there's any actual in-engine content to be seen yet aside from concept art/models.
The reveal was in engine, everything you are doing in EQL is in EQNs engine, the human models are the same, and they showed chester the cheeta and the wizard chick casting spells and killing mobs in the reveal.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
They've updated the roadmap post with some dateshttps://forums.station.sony.com/eqnl...roadmap.18810/

Caves are still a question mark, but aside from that, it looks like they're planning to have phase 1 finished in the next two weeks, and (I would imagine) start in on phase 2 with the last week of alpha.

Next week is intended to be social media integration, friends lists, claim permissions, fast travel systems, and improvements to the building tools.

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
and they showed chester the cheeta and the wizard chick casting spells and killing mobs in the reveal.
No they didn't. They showed chester and wizard chick fighting monsters played by devs. They even introduced the devs playing as monsters later on in one of the panels.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Anyone have shots of the (new) Old Forest biome? I'm curious what it looks like.. I really hope they can nail a Kelethin/Duskwood type feel at some point

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Couple quick shots, pulled from the forum.

rrr_img_62009.jpg

rrr_img_62010.jpg

rrr_img_62011.jpg

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
Ooo, thanks! I'm liking the style of the trees. I wonder if/how they plan on adding in biome-specific lighting/coloration. It'll be a little strange if everything is bright and lit with a blue sky showing all the time.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
So are claims no longer z-axis limited? I got rid of my old one in search of a better vantage-point in a new zone. I can't, however, claim areas way above or below relatively close claims like I could before(ie: way back in the early part of alpha). Kind of sucks. All the good vantage points close to portals are already f'ing taken in the new zones!

Terial

Trakanon Raider
i got one not to far from the portal, but i'm not attached to the portal, not sure why most people are. There are some really nice spots about 1/2 way between portal and edge... i agree edge sucks, but 1/2 way between is really not that bad at all.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Yeah, it's not bad, but if you have to take a T2 spot and you have to go to a T3 zone to farm mats, it really starts to suck cock running. I wish they would implement a skill or item that let you gate back to your "main" claim once an hour or something.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, it's not bad, but if you have to take a T2 spot and you have to go to a T3 zone to farm mats, it really starts to suck cock running. I wish they would implement a skill or item that let you gate back to your "main" claim once an hour or something.
They're doing that next week, evidently.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
This game is going to kick so much ass when everything is in. I thought I had no life in Minecraft. >_<

Jarnin_sl

shitlord
There's that whole "ley line" thingy too. Apparently there will be mini-portals around the islands that'll connect you to the island spire. I'm guessing the mini-portals will looks likethis.

Terial

Trakanon Raider
This game is going to kick so much ass when everything is in. I thought I had no life in Minecraft. >_<
yea i playe MC for a long time, was not great at building though :/ was a mod for most of my time playing. Now i want to build and i have awesome images in my head, then i try to do them and i'm like wtf...
It's the level of details people put in that amaze me. It's one thing to build a house, it's another to think of wood trim basebaords, and tile gemmed ceilings, and frames around windows with flower window pots so forth and so on...
it's really crazy how good some people are. I'd be happy sharing with someone good and crafting sharing mats and having blueprints to help them build their image lol

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
I don't know what you are talking about Terial - the pics I commented on earlier in this thread of the build you did were pretty awesome, and very original. IMO some of the stuff you talked about (especially gem tiling) look like shit - no clean lines to be had anywhere, with the entire build looking rough. Your shit looks better than 90% of what you said you like.

Wrathburn

Found the top of the world....

rrr_img_62055.jpg

I went three claims high on the top of a mountain, then placed one of the huge old growth trees. I can make the tree larger but you can't reach the top and it will not let you grapple any further. This is as high as I could scale the tree and still get to the top.

rrr_img_62056.jpg

Do too landscape clipping, you cannot see the tree until you are almost at the base of my claim which is too bad. No Shadow greifing the map below you I guess lol

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Haven't touched it in about a month , was really considering holding off till closed beta to fire it up again as then mats and inventory stay without wipes , was wondering if anyone else is in same boat ? New biomes worth patching and cranking back up again or other features or it seem reasonable to hold off a few more weeks till CB starts?

(also minor question but any chance they have fixed the founders axe reach thing where you couldn't harvest many of the large trees due to a bug with it ?)

Anomander Rake

I hopped back in to build with the additional two claims worth of space, and it really is a ton of room even without the max number of claims. One of my gripes still is the smoothing tool, and the impossibility of making a giant sphere that isn't rough around the edges. WTB larger spheres and a cylinder tool! And yes Dahkoht, they fixed the axe on the founders pickaxe.