EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
All sounds pretty good I just find it difficult playing now knowing my shit is all getting wiped... except templates obviously. I've just been maintaining my upkeep once a week, which sucks having to only mine copper.. definitely looking forward to having currency in.
I log in a few times a week just to check the new stuff out. I have tested the building tools out and I can build anything my not amazingly creative brain can think up and execute and the caves are pretty darn nifty but due to the eventual wipe going into open beta I am not playing this like crazy because no point burning out now. Glass as a building material and water as a building material is going to allow for some pretty crazy designs.

arallu

Golden Knight of the Realm
Final banner for the Lunar anklet (has high jump) is out if you d/l the EQ Worlds app. Images inthread here
I imagine since it's granted to you, it'll be retained after the wipe, but that's just a guess.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
And for those who are good enough to have a chance at actually winning a building contest, they announced on the livestream that they'll be wrapping up the dark elf style guide stuff that's been going on for the last month by having a contest for dark elf architecture. Rules are supposed to go up tomorrow.

Menion_sl

shitlord
Really impressed with how they are handling development of this game and their interaction with the community. Going to SOE Live this year and I am hoping that it's not a trainwreck like last year was. Their live stream was so horrible. The content was great but the production value was cringe worthy!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Really impressed with how they are handling development of this game and their interaction with the community. Going to SOE Live this year and I am hoping that it's not a trainwreck like last year was. Their live stream was so horrible. The content was great but the production value was cringe worthy!
Agree totally..it always amazed me how they want SOE live to be take seriously, but use a cheap looking horrible live stream.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Any beta keys available? Wouldn't mind checking it out. Never got into Minecraft but maybe with an EQ twist that would change. I am enjoying Wildstar's housing (and SWG.)

Randin

Trakanon Raider
For those who care about the Workshop stuff, they announced on the livestream that, now that dark elves are wrapping up, the next month will either be dwarves or kerrans. Roundtable poll to choose which is up now.

Gatsuh_sl

shitlord
So I wanted to play this when it was alpha and didn't have the funds. but just got a week beta invite thing! I was excited! got it installed and logged in, hooooly crap lagging like crazy(i7 3.7ghz, 12gb ddr3, radeon 8600), but settings were on ultra, dropped it down to 'normal' (medium?) settings and got closer to 24 fps, decent I guess. Then 5 minutes into my first digging into the ground, game crashes. Yay Beta! log back in, get about 20 minutes more in, get a claim going, crashes again. Okay gave it one last shot. Started back in started trying to just put a few blocks together on the claim and computer FREEZES, have to force restart. Summarily uninstalled; probably the only one having this issue it seems.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I'm interested in seeing just how good a voxel EQN can look. For as refined and awesome as some of the structures in Landmark look, I feel like it's always comes with a "for a voxel build" in my head. All the finer details get a bit ugly, dull and flat and nothing matches the level of quality of that original EQN Freeport. Hearing Jeff talk about the amazing dwarf environments from the previous build (the last Dark Elf discussion) and being anxious to see them recreated with voxels makes it sting a bit more.

Here's to hoping a year or two of refinements brings many much needed improvements.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Looks like Kerran architecture is gonna win for the next building workshop. I got the distinct impression that the team itself doesn't have a coherent vision for what their style should even be. All they said was 'Asian and stuff'. I think they thought Dwarf was a shoe-in, and I bet they have a very fleshed out concept for their buildings. This month should be interesting.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Looks like Kerran architecture is gonna win for the next building workshop. I got the distinct impression that the team itself doesn't have a coherent vision for what their style should even be. All they said was 'Asian and stuff'.
I think that might be an interesting experiment. Give us as little as possible, and see what general style, if any, emerges from the community.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I think that might be an interesting experiment. Give us as little as possible, and see what general style, if any, emerges from the community.
They said 'Asian' and I wonder what they mean by that...

I would have preferred to see Kerrans with a more Persian vibe like in EQ1. I guess Persia is in 'Asia' so maybe I'm just misinterpreting. Arches, ornate pillars, smooth dome top buildings, colourful mosaic tile work, courtyards, vast plazas etc etc.

rrr_img_70840.jpg

rrr_img_70841.jpg

rrr_img_70842.jpg

rrr_img_70843.jpg

rrr_img_70844.jpg