EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

gogojira_sl

shitlord
PC is weird. I don't get offended because I expect everything on PC to be like $2 on Steam at some point or another. I guess the difference here is this shit hasn't even launched yet.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah I'm curious if steam accepted some deal to give a pre-release product that much of a discount. I mean I could see 25% or something, but 66%? That's crazy.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Before allowing Steam to discount the shit, they should have changed the backer perks. That would have at least been "something." But yea, discounting the backers package is kind of giving a big FU to all the previous backers.

So i bought this cuz my friend likes building games and wanted to play, i guess pop was getting low and they needed an influx of new players since wipe is makin people not log on? I thought there was gonna be some mobs a bit, its just build for now i think? XD

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Before allowing Steam to discount the shit, they should have changed the backer perks. That would have at least been "something." But yea, discounting the backers package is kind of giving a big FU to all the previous backers.
How's that? We paid knowing that the money was going toward early access. We've had months of that and this changes nothing. Eventually the game is going to be free! Imaging that.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How's that? We paid knowing that the money was going toward early access. We've had months of that and this changes nothing. Eventually the game is going to be free! Imaging that.
Lenas, Im very surprised at your good nature! Im sure you have all kinds of things backed on kickstarter cause you're a kind soul! Imagine that! -- Everyone knew from the beginning that it was going to be free. Everyone knew that the money was going to help develop the game. Regardless of "why" someone spent money backing this game, they should have done something different for the Steam backers. Its like going on kickstarter, donating $10,000 for package A (and of course, you know, being the sweet faggot you are, hoping to help SOE make a better game.) Then changing the amounts needed to get package A and now everyone that donates 10 bucks gets Package A. Its just a slap in the face and no one should have to spell it out for your dumb ass.

rrr_img_72219.jpg

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
I'm in the "I don't give a fuck group" and have no idea why people are getting up in arms about it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
You paid the extra amount for having access to the game for 4-5 additional months. There's no way anyone buying on Steam can buy that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Its just a slap in the face and no one should have to spell it out for your dumb ass.
Doesn't matter how you justify it. You paid for time/access and like Dick said, no one buying it on Steam now can get the time that you had. Anything that you got other than access to the game is irrelevant.

Citz

Silver Squire
We basically paid 15$/month to test their unfinished game and broken promises (no mats wipe). The only perk is the 3 days headstart, which everybody just got now.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Citz, you literally did agree to pay to test their unfinished game. You can't take issue with that, it had Alpha slapped all over it and the hammered that point home.

I actually don't care, I just wish I would have played it a bit more to justify my money. Ultimately until Landmark gets some of its more interesting features in, it won't hold my attention. I think this big sale is nice and all, but I bet Landmark purchases have completely fallen off and they're trying to combat it.

SOE had lofty ambitions of Minecraft success but that was always insane thinking for a few reasons, the first of which has to do with the steep PC requirements (especially when compared to Minecraft). Landmark has essentially turned into Landmark: An EQN Workshop. I'd say 99 percent of the interest in it are coming from the same few people (who can make some rather spectacular shit) who are going to jump to EQN as soon as it launches. On paper, Landmark is the one the seems like it could break into something huge but in practice (especially right now), it's just a building game with the main selling point of "working" with SOE. That's not even a bad thing, but it'll never be the wild success story SOE dreamed up.

Hopefully the voxel stuff pays off in EQN because I feel like a lot of my concerns stem from there (draw distance, pathing, epic cities that don't run horrible).

I'm actually digging modern SOE right now, so I'm not trying to be overly negative. Landmark is a neat little project and it'll probably be a niche-cool game for a long time, but despite whatever Dave and crew are thinking, EQN is where the major interest is.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Landmark will never succeed to the degree they want it to until they simplify and streamline voxelmancy

gogojira_sl

shitlord
I agree with that, too. The tools are cumbersome. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things it's really impressive that the work as well as they do, but the end user experience can still be frustrating and I damn sure don't feel like watching hours of Youtube videos on how to make a megagigavoxel.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Citz, you literally did agree to pay to test their unfinished game. You can't take issue with that, it had Alpha slapped all over it and the hammered that point home.

I actually don't care, I just wish I would have played it a bit more to justify my money. Ultimately until Landmark gets some of its more interesting features in, it won't hold my attention. I think this big sale is nice and all, but I bet Landmark purchases have completely fallen off and they're trying to combat it.

SOE had lofty ambitions of Minecraft success but that was always insane thinking for a few reasons, the first of which has to do with the steep PC requirements (especially when compared to Minecraft). Landmark has essentially turned into Landmark: An EQN Workshop. I'd say 99 percent of the interest in it are coming from the same few people (who can make some rather spectacular shit) who are going to jump to EQN as soon as it launches. On paper, Landmark is the one the seems like it could break into something huge but in practice (especially right now), it's just a building game with the main selling point of "working" with SOE. That's not even a bad thing, but it'll never be the wild success story SOE dreamed up.

Hopefully the voxel stuff pays off in EQN because I feel like a lot of my concerns stem from there (draw distance, pathing, epic cities that don't run horrible).

I'm actually digging modern SOE right now, so I'm not trying to be overly negative. Landmark is a neat little project and it'll probably be a niche-cool game for a long time, but despite whatever Dave and crew are thinking, EQN is where the major interest is.
I always see a ton of people complaining about early access as a principle and continue to remain convinced that most who buy early access games don't really understand what 'early access' means. Somehow early access became synonymous with 'kickstarted' or 'crowdfunded'. All your paying for is to play a game in a highly unfinished state and it's actually spelled out clear from the beginning that substantial changes can and will happen.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
The major problem for me with EQL is that I get that feeling that everything I build is a sandcastle and will be gone with the tides. It's also a pretty solitary game. I'm still not at all sorry I paid 100.00 though. It's a game worth supporting.

I still think this game is gonna be freaking huge. I have a two young sons and they are nuts about minecraft. I let my oldest play EQL for a bit and his eyes were like saucers. When this thing is out for free on The PS3/4 it's going to absolutely dominate. The social interactions they add and the ability to create and populate dungeons is the absolute next big evolutionary jump in gaming.

Me, I'd rather play EQN, but I tell you with absolute certainty this next generation will be all over landmark.

And to the "slap in the face", stfu. You sound moronic. You paid for early access. You got that. They are getting less of what you got, so why isn't it fair for them to pay less. Damn.

Citz

Silver Squire
I know what I paid for. I played the game a lot. Now I'm just waiting for more systems to come in. I guess I'm still butthurt by them changing the rules after the beta rolled over so it was too late for a refund.