EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Yeah saw the part about casuals doing 3-4 claims. If that's the case it's plenty of room.

And Ponytail said before we'd get hours notice at the most , so it could launch at any point.

Elidroth_sl

shitlord
The claims actually feel pretty large to me in-game. Certainly if you're planning on building the Egyptian pyramids to scale, they'll be a bit small, but for most people the size is pretty good IMO.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Elidroth (or anyone who has heard) can you place the claim so it's mostly under ground? I have no use for one that extends into the air so far like that.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
An interesting notion. Could I pretend to be a trap door spider, with only my entrance above ground?

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Have they said how deep your claim goes? We know how big it is above ground, but how far down does our rabbit hole get to go? I can't imagine they give us the entire depth, to the core?

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Have they said how deep your claim goes? We know how big it is above ground, but how far down does our rabbit hole get to go? I can't imagine they give us the entire depth, to the core?
No, they don't. Think I heard people can mine freely beneath your claim.

rrr_img_58155.jpg

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I recall reading that you can set your claim a certain depth underground, but I'm not sure how far.

Laerazi_sl

shitlord
They mentioned that you "soft claim" (my words) any space above and below your claim, so that people can't cut your creations short if you plan on going deeper or higher. So, you can't actually build there, yet, but you will prevent others from claiming there

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is that "Mile Deep" quote not part of landmark?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hmm pretty weak, why mention a mile deep if players only ever see 100m down. That video Quaid posted seemed to assume players will have that entire mile to play with.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I think the point is that the depths are where the rarer ores and tougher dangers will be, so I'm guessing that's a lot of the exploration part of landmark.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Hmm pretty weak, why mention a mile deep if players only ever see 100m down. That video Quaid posted seemed to assume players will have that entire mile to play with.
The game isn't completely about building mile deep creations. The game is also about exploring and resource gathering. That would be extremely hard to do if there is no where in that entire mile for you to explore or gather. I see the Statue of Liberty, then 2-3 more claims, as extremely generous claim sizes. I don't find it weak at all that you can't claim an entire mile when most people will probably have very modest creations within that size.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Seems odd to play this type of game for exploring or resource gathering. It's there to build shit, the bigger the better and leave the RPG elements to Next. I don't want to see little johnny's house or tower, I want to see people re-create entire dungeons, entire landmarks etc.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Are people here planning on grabbing areas near each other? or just going wherever?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Seems odd to play this type of game for exploring or resource gathering. It's there to build shit, the bigger the better and leave the RPG elements to Next. I don't want to see little johnny's house or tower, I want to see people re-create entire dungeons, entire landmarks etc.
Have you been following this game at all?

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Are people here planning on grabbing areas near each other? or just going wherever?
I think my brother and I are going to try and travel pretty far away from the population to build. This is all depending on how it's determined where we start, etc.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
Cinge,

The resource gathering is to make the buildings and the exploring is to find new material. They don't want the game to be competitive building with any resource available from the start. They want this to take a while. If a building the size of 4 Statues of Liberty is too small for Johnny, I don't know what to say. They also want huge dungeons, etc to be a group endeavor which I completely agree with. I don't want every shitty Bob the Builder wanna-be with their shitty version of Sebilis in the game. Make it require some socialization.