EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

koffin_sl

shitlord
Tomorrow seems like it would be a strange day to launch Alpha, since they have the event going on.
But hey, it's their funeral.

Menion_sl

shitlord
I live in San Diego and was thinking about going to the event tomorrow. Looking at Google Maps, I have no clue where 1000+ people are going to park around the SOE HQ. Overall, it looks like a huge pain in the ass. So, I am probably going to skip it!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
John Smedley ?@j_smedley 7m
well the press have left for the day and we'll see what they think soon here
smile.png
oh wow.. there's only one more day in January.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
John Smedley ?@j_smedley 7m
well the press have left for the day and we'll see what they think soon here
smile.png
oh wow.. there's only one more day in January.
With the amount of teasing him and Ponytail have done , will be amusing if the shit crashes immediately upon load. Yes it's an alpha , and that shouldn't cause rage , but everyone here knows damn well the alpha forums will go full rage stupid if there are issues when it goes up on Jan 31st and back down.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Over 6000 people trying to download and log into what I assume is going to be one server? I'm guessing it will be a rough start!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Over 6000 people trying to download and log into what I assume is going to be one server? I'm guessing it will be a rough start!
An 8am PST launch say on Wed with no notice , seems to me would have been the better launch. Slightly unexpected and enough people at work to stagger the logins and downloads at least somewhat. Now everyone knows it's counting down hourwise and watching closely and will immediately pummel the thing.

Unless they miss the "end of Jan" target , and with all the teases it will go in just as much of rage time on the alpha forums if they do also.