EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
If I had to recommend, I would say wait for closed beta. They sold way too many alpha accounts, so it's alpha problems(which are to be expected) with the population of an actual live launch.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It doesn't matter. You can freely switch server/zones in game.

Zefah

<Gold Donor>
I imagine it will get better as time goes along, so I'm going to just stay in. I bought in at $100 and I can see the potential this game has. There are glimpses of brilliance already.

With that said, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have money to burn and a high tolerance for frustration.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Several crashes for me today, and seems to be an issue of came freezing and booting after you hit play. (Not sure if it's server full issue )

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I gave it a good half a day - not for me really. Been more interested in Hearthstone (and I don't even like card games!). Will try to get a refund, but not expecting one. Too many alpha probs, and too many people. Don't think SOE did themselves any favors hyping it up as much as they did either.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Build one and save some cash and make it better, bro. Check the PC building thread.... Its nothing more than building a lego car. Everything just snaps together.
Newegg.com can save you money and give you quality service. You can build a pretty nice rig for ~$1,000 easily. I have found parts there are more dependable than what any mainstream product will give you. Especially dell.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I imagine it will get better as time goes along, so I'm going to just stay in. I bought in at $100 and I can see the potential this game has. There are glimpses of brilliance already.

With that said, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone who doesn't have money to burn and a high tolerance for frustration.
Yeah, I'm not going to get a refund, but if you're not into this kind of game and aren't ready for a "very much not ready to release" version of it, I would avoid it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, I'm not going to get a refund, but if you're not into this kind of game and aren't ready for a "very much not ready to release" version of it, I would avoid it.
In their defense.. They warned people. It's alpha.. Alphas are never fun. That's why I don't agree with charging for it, but they were straight about it.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
In their defense.. They warned people. It's alpha.. Alphas are never fun. That's why I don't agree with charging for it, but they were straight about it.
Yeah, I agree. Some of the complaining on the official forum is hilarious.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
This is kinda why companies dont allow people into anything but polished betas these days unless they are locked down FnF style things. No matter how much smed says hey guys this is a real alpha people are still pissed when it turns out to be a real alpha.

Niedar_sl

shitlord
Well maybe they shouldn't sell alphas and at the same time enforce an NDA, thats some anti-consumerist shit and they have no ground to stand on by saying "alpha".

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Loving the shit out of this... But I've been in alphas before. This is by far the cleanest one I've ever experienced.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Loving the shit out of this... But I've been in alphas before. This is by far the cleanest one I've ever experienced.
Glad I'm not the only one , I'm genuinely enjoying this.

Also my almost 5 year old son has been using an ancient XP laptop I fixed up and been playing flash games etc on it for a year now. I was going to wait until next Xmas to build him a low end gaming PC. I think those plans have accelerated now. He'd love running around in something like this and being my farming crew. Just give his account max'd out tools and let him go wild mining and chop whatever he wants then hand it over to dad.

I figure .50/ hour rate is reasonable.