EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Bets on how long post full implementation of EQL release (AI , all tools etc ) before someone makes entire original classic EQ landmass ?

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oh agreed on specific items , buildings etc also. I just meant it would be amusing to see a group of folks who had the time to put into a full blown world/sphere (whatever they want to call it ) , that ends up with more people and more well received than their professionally produced and ran EQN.
Not too surprising, given the players have no rules or suits/bosses who have to approve of their work.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
One interesting point that I took from the live stream is that if you're not an active player, you will eventually lose your land claim. No one's creations will last forever. That could be pretty cool, say someone makes a replica Sebilis but abandons the game, and you come across it after it's a ruin and has been mined (or do it yourself).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Bets on how long post full implementation of EQL release (AI , all tools etc ) before someone makes entire original classic EQ landmass ?
About three months after people have finished the continent of Westeros, why?

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I've been planning on trying to make Guk. I wonder if there will be a process for getting textures added...
All the fun in Minecraft is working with the limited elements you have to make stuff. And the result is far more impressive because people figure out how you solved that problem.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So far, I like everything I've seen. My only real concern with this game is getting bored after I've advanced all my tools and built everything I want to build.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
So far, I like everything I've seen. My only real concern with this game is getting bored after I've advanced all my tools and built everything I want to build.
To me it'll probably become a cyclic thing like Minecraft has. Play hard for a month or two then put it down for a few months before I feel that itch to build again.

Caliane

"planted trees wont be harvest-able"
"the world respawns/regrows back around you"
"ground does not regrow on your claim"
"you can only build on your claim."

Not liking what I am hearing with some of this stuff.

Kindof sounds like ultima online mining. In the sense that this stuff respawns in key locations. you and 10 others mine the fuck out of a mountain for gold. come back 3 hours later and its respawned back to a fresh mountain.

And your placed items on your own plot are the only permanent buildings. and that is only as long as you hold your claim as others noted. But mineshafts and any attempt to build publicly sounds like it will just constantly respawn.

Round mining tools. Wonder if that can be changed.

Is a claim round or square, and a certain size? or does a claim go up and down infinitely?

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
"planted trees wont be harvest-able"
"the world respawns/regrows back around you"
"ground does not regrow on your claim"
"you can only build on your claim."

Not liking what I am hearing with some of this stuff.

Kindof sounds like ultima online mining. In the sense that this stuff respawns in key locations. you and 10 others mine the fuck out of a mountain for gold. come back 3 hours later and its respawned back to a fresh mountain.

And your placed items on your own plot are the only permanent buildings. and that is only as long as you hold your claim as others noted. But mineshafts and any attempt to build publicly sounds like it will just constantly respawn.

Round mining tools. Wonder if that can be changed.

Is a claim round or square, and a certain size? or does a claim go up and down infinitely?
While not in yet, I'm sure there will be a guild claim option. Where your guild of xyz people can claim a large landmass to build together. That said, the real murky part of this is how or if one even should try to monetize guild building efforts.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
To me it'll probably become a cyclic thing like Minecraft has. Play hard for a month or two then put it down for a few months before I feel that itch to build again.
I am hoping people will be lazy and buy building materials, ill just farm shit all day. oh wait, there will be china bots doing that...

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
They said it healed slowly. Doubtful that will happen. Come back in 3hrs and you'll prolly find it has healed 1%.

Mineshafts and forays in to the underground will probably heal. Although im sure that any objects you place will prevent healing on that point. Or maybe they dont want permanent staircases into the underworld, or permanent buildings there for a reason.

from what Ive seen on the videos, claims look to be about 1-2 acres of land.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Didn't they say claims won't have minerals? I haven't watched the vid, but someone else mentioned that I think. That makes sense, it looks like claims might just be areas that are completely changeable, but resource gathering and exploration have to happen off claims (IE "in the wild"). Which is probably why they want to separate claims by some distances, so as your exploring for resources and items, you can stumble across people's creations. Which I think is a really cool system.

Makes sense though why they'd want to keep claims and resources separate. The whole issue of land healing and resource re-spawns would make claims that are supposed to have permanent changes seem either broken, or a pain in the ass.

On that note though, I still really don't see a land rush happening except if it's as someone said here, that the distances from the hub to farther plots is really a demanding time factor.

Xith

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If they didn't regenerate the land outside of claims, it wouldn't take long for the entire world to look like shit. They said that resources may or may not be found again in the place you found them the first time, so it sounds like you can't go to the same exact place forever to get that particular item.

Claims can have minerals, they just won't regenerate after you harvest them.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Or maybe they dont want permanent staircases into the underworld, or permanent buildings there for a reason.
Or maybe they do. How am I to make the perfect underground dungeon if it slowly refills?

I think the stated intent is that anything in your plot of land can only be dug/harvested/built up by you (or anyone you gave permission to), and never heals unless you pass the healing brush (which, presumably, puts back the dug material back in). Your plot is where you build, the world is where you harvest. And it almost certainly extends from bedrock to sky.