EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Any word on underground biomes yet? He didn't even mention them in the intro video.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Not in yet. Caves are set for sometime in beta though they aren't clear when and haven't really said if that will include underground biomes. With no time limit for open beta they could take longer than they did during alpha to get new features in.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
So is my concentrating on my tools for now the best way to go? I want to get at least tier 3 tools before I starting with my claim and anything else.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Doesn't matter all that much as long as you have access to work stations via someone else's claim. I would suggest looking into getting a grappling hook and one of dirt drill things, can't remember the name atm. They are fairly big QoL improvements.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
Not in yet. Caves are set for sometime in beta though they aren't clear when and haven't really said if that will include underground biomes. With no time limit for open beta they could take longer than they did during alpha to get new features in.
It was a previously planned alpha feature. I wonder if they're having some major problems with it.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Right now caves are set to go in at the same time as static water. That way they only have to wipe once instead of one for each. Not sure what the delay with caves was, fanboi me hopes they delayed so they could do more work on the underground biomes. Realistic me says who knows. Maybe having problems nailing some good, solid generating algorithms down or trying to tweak ore generation to work well.

Shrug.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
They said that dynamic water is a pain in the ass, so they are just adding static for now, with caves. Probably taking so long because it requires a complete restructuring of the islands. Iirc all tiers of resources will exist on every island also.

Crafted a legendary rubicite axe this morning. 150 speed is sick. Still trying for a legendary pick, got a blue this morning that was a decent upgrade though.

Caliane

So is my concentrating on my tools for now the best way to go? I want to get at least tier 3 tools before I starting with my claim and anything else.
Mostly yes.
The basic crafting benches are freely available from other players. These benches let you craft everything in game.

however, again, there are private refineries. Around the tungsten/colbalt level, you may really want to get a claim and build at least the smelters.
Increasing your ingots by 10 or 20% is a pretty big deal, and you need a claim for that. (or a friend, you can mail your ore to, and have them mail back the ingots.)
Update on sifter. it sucks. don't waste the resources. t1 sifter. 3000 dirt/stone/sand=1-5 copper...

Be sure to get the +aoe size rings asap. or 1 +aoe size, and 1+ rare drop.

Another thing to note, tools are tradeable. And friends might be willing to give you hand me downs. (ps, I already traded mine to friends)

Raes

Vyemm Raider
I sent him a green mithril pick earlier this morning to get him started, since I have 10 of the things now.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
It doesn't really matter what server you're on. You can freely travel to each server from the crystal.

misery_sl

shitlord
Finally got some time to start the pick grind. Is word on the street still that there will be no wipe between now and open?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There is a planned closed -> open beta claim wipe, but we are also expecting an additional claim wipe when caves/water get put into the game.

Right now people are not expecting to lose anything related to progression from any further wipes.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Finished off the Item progression. Two greens but the green Mithril Pick ended up being very similar to my blue Cobalt Pick so no big deal. I never got more than a green on my Axes. Axe resource gathering is such a PITA too.

I hope they expand the number of claims you can attach soon. I'm probably going to need 6 to complete my castle.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
I highly recommend just improving your pick and axes as much as possible and only do the other stuff necessary to make them for optimal growth. Once you max out your pick harvesting stuff to make make things becomes way easier as your efficiency shoots up. You also want to then go after the consturction tools they enable much more interesting building than the really fairly cuby stuff you can make otherwise. The two main tools you want are the selection tool which allows most of the really crazy crap people do and the smoothing tool. The line tool is nice but the other two are much more important.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I am working on what I'm calling Redwind Ruin, a ranger shoutout to Redwind in Everfrost. It's on Liberation - Gully if anyone wants to stop by and check it out; directly south of the spires on a snowy peak. My plan is to have an Everfrost style building with columns at the top of the claim, with a hole in the base of it leading to an ice cavern with treasures or whatevs. Currently only one claim but I should be able to make two attachment flags today for expansion. I'm planning on each other claim housing an Everfrost tower that serve as different entry-points to the cavern.

Have a mailbox on the steps leading to the entrance, drop a line if you check it out or want to help.