EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
Man the ignore feature is so awesome. It's like a breath of fresh air came in and swept away the drama. Anyone else finding themselves not logging in as much due to claims getting wiped again soon-ish for water/caves (and btw I said it would never happen at the same time, and I was wrong). Maybe it is because I had stuff wiped more than once already. Really looking forward to something breaking up the monotony of harvesting, although I just got a powered drill or w/e, and it makes getting ore so much more fun.

moontayle

Golden Squire
if you dig/delete dirt in your claim it stays that way yes.

Of note, I have not seen any caves/dungeons really yet. Lots of castles/towers, etc.
But yet to see someone claim DOWN 2 or 3 claims.

I've cycled through ideas. Cave of wonders was on the list at one point. tree forts. mead hall.. mountain resort.
The wife and I have teamed up to focus on my claim area. I claimed an area in the middle of a small valley between two peaks then attached another on both sides of it so that it spreads out across the valley and encompasses a decent chunk of the mountainsides as well. She's focused on creating an inside area within the one mountain while I'm doing the outside. I'll try to remember to take a couple of screenshots but it's early yet into her efforts.

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Man the ignore feature is so awesome. It's like a breath of fresh air came in and swept away the drama. Anyone else finding themselves not logging in as much due to claims getting wiped again soon-ish for water/caves (and btw I said it would never happen at the same time, and I was wrong). Maybe it is because I had stuff wiped more than once already. Really looking forward to something breaking up the monotony of harvesting, although I just got a powered drill or w/e, and it makes getting ore so much more fun.
I'm still consistently logging in. I just need to remember to remove all my props before the wipe!

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Of note, I have not seen any caves/dungeons really yet. Lots of castles/towers, etc.
I'm going to try to make a mini dungeon, but the problem I see immediately, and why you probably don't see too many is that the claims have height, but not width. So you can make tower dungeons I guess, but making a sprawling dungeon just isn't possible because you're so limited on land. You'll just end up with 2/3 rooms, stairs up/down, 2/3 rooms, stairs up down etc. I wish you could turn the claim box on it's side to have more width in building. It may be more possible now that you can have the 3rd attached claim, because you can now make a large square claim.

Another thing I see issues with, is the grapple. It kills any kind of platforming, or open level design. There's also no falling damage, so pits are not scary. And theres no keys or triggers to guide a certain path.

Finally, I wish there was an ability to have a 'loot chest' where a person can only take 1 item per day or something. Because I thought of putting a chest at the end of my dungeon, but someone will just take everything and ruin it for everyone else.

And of course there are no npcs. So really, it's hard to make a dungeon when you don't have any of the tools to actually make a dungeon outside of geometry.

But despite all that, I'm going to try to come up with something!
smile.png

moontayle

Golden Squire
The other thing that is something of a nuisance is that you can only attach claims one claim out from your primary claim. Like, imagine a cube that is three claims by three claims by three claims and that's all the space you can work with at the moment (assuming they'll allow a lot more attached claims in the future). So while you take up this huge footprint with your primary claim there's currently no way to do something like, say, build toward another claim and sort of quasi-attach them at the outer edges of your footprint.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I think originally you could do this by 'walking' your claims towards the border, where you would place your main, attach one, attach the 2nd to that, then delete the first attached claim. Replace it on the other side of the 2nd claim, then delete the 2nd claim and so on until you hit the border. But unfortunately they fixed that.

I do think a 3x3x2 would be a perfect size for a good dungeon. I hope we get that many one day.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I do know of one person that has taken advantage of the underground somewhat. Right when you zone into my island, Tor on Confidence, you'll see a building with a pyramid and a sphinx next to it, so sort of like a Las Vegas theme I suppose. If you enter the pyramid, it takes you through a pretty complex underground maze. I haven't done the whole thing or seen if it changes from the monotonous look in places, but it is clearly utilizing a ton of underground space at least.

Still have no clue what to build! When is this next wipe happening? Do you need to "save" your build to a template as well as picking up props, or will it get saved automatically for you?

moontayle

Golden Squire
Right, the system will template your claim if there is anything built on it and if either you or the system pulls it up.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have a claim on Liberation - Gully that is 2 above, 2 underground. You should check it out, directly south of spire in the snow.

I did most of it without any kind of plan, welcome to critiques or additional builders if anyone wants space to mess around.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Being a Minecraft veteran, I'm not surprised that you get massive detailed constructions from some of the OCD people.

(ok, I'm slightly OCD myself, been working for the last 14 months on a minecraft project which just broke the "half done" mark)

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
It will send any items on your claim to your mail also.
What I mean is; during the last wipe (into closed beta) I had a pretty detailed build with a ton of props. It created the template for me but I couldn't place it because all of my props were in overflow. There was not enough inventory room. It kept telling me I had to have every single prop in my actual inventory in order to place the claim. Hopefully this has been addressed.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
What I mean is; during the last wipe (into closed beta) I had a pretty detailed build with a ton of props. It created the template for me but I couldn't place it because all of my props were in overflow. There was not enough inventory room. It kept telling me I had to have every single prop in my actual inventory in order to place the claim. Hopefully this has been addressed.
They changed it so that if you are missing props it will just ignore what you're missing. You'll be able to place your claim and then slowly empty your overflow if you need to.

Caliane

They using diamond as water?

I have some sweet waterfalls/streams using ice. My mountain/claim is right on the edge of a tundra/old forest border. so half my claim is tundra, half is old forest.
I had wanted to do a road/village in the forest, and then a path that leads up to the lodge on the mountain/overlook. But the inability to chain stops it. I can't go out as much as I wanted, and the natural terrain drops, so even if I could, the attached claim would be hovering in the air.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Sorry if I'm asking an easy to find question but I thought they were wiping claims today? Maybe I misread somewhere but I can't find anything about it online and I'm at work so can't check the patcher.

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Sorry if I'm asking an easy to find question but I thought they were wiping claims today? Maybe I misread somewhere but I can't find anything about it online and I'm at work so can't check the patcher.
Next planned claim wipe isn't until they add caves/water which I'm sure we'll hear about a good while beforehand. And patches are typically on Wednesday or Thursday.