EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Someone a few pages ago thought it was today, he was confusing his claim upkeep expiration with the beta wipe. That may be where you picked it up.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I don't have a solution, but they need to come up with a more interesting way to chop trees. At least with ores you have to pay attention and dig in the right direction. With trees it is nothing but a snooze fest because you just hold the button down until you're done, then move on to the next tree. Sure, some you have to search for, but once you find it...snore. I'm not advocating making it a pain in the ass either, but I'd give my left nut for a Treecapitator.

Also, I still can't think of a single thing to build that isn't just a big castle. Well ok, a small, modestly-sized castle.

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
It might be kinda fun if the tree's were actually made of voxels, and you had to actually chop through the tree to knock it down. Once you get all the way through, you get your heartwood or whatever.

As for what to build, just build your castle. That will get you over the 'builders block' and while your making that, maybe something else will pop into your head.

Caliane

yeah trees being props is a bit sad. I was considering magical treefort at one point too. and wanted to go through a tree.

that said, I did manage a fairly effective tree trunk myself.
Maybe that is what ill do next. work on making a full voxel tree.
either shrunken trees or some of the tundra bushes for leaves. hrm..

smooth+line tool, and micro voxels can make roots and branchs pretty well.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
lulz

1397335996_IMG_6630.jpeg

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
It might be kinda fun if the tree's were actually made of voxels, and you had to actually chop through the tree to knock it down. Once you get all the way through, you get your heartwood or whatever.

As for what to build, just build your castle. That will get you over the 'builders block' and while your making that, maybe something else will pop into your head.
Make a UFO out of Lumicite.

I don't have a solution, but they need to come up with a more interesting way to chop trees. At least with ores you have to pay attention and dig in the right direction. With trees it is nothing but a snooze fest because you just hold the button down until you're done, then move on to the next tree. Sure, some you have to search for, but once you find it...snore. I'm not advocating making it a pain in the ass either, but I'd give my left nut for a Treecapitator.

Also, I still can't think of a single thing to build that isn't just a big castle. Well ok, a small, modestly-sized castle.
Yeah I agree. It's even worse because you have to do it twice, once for the oil and then another time for the heartwood. That system really needs to be ovehauled.

moontayle

Golden Squire
Heh, it's already been overhauled. Believe me, this is vastly superior than what was there in early Alpha.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
that said, I did manage a fairly effective tree trunk myself.
Maybe that is what ill do next. work on making a full voxel tree.
either shrunken trees or some of the tundra bushes for leaves. hrm..

smooth+line tool, and micro voxels can make roots and branchs pretty well.
My first project was to make a voxel tree. I got a decent way with it but it became really tedious. I was going for a gnarled tree that was big enough to have an interior. Making branches and roots is too annoying. I wasn't able to utilize copy+paste as much as I'd have liked. I eventually templated it and started on my tower lol.

Caliane

My first project was to make a voxel tree. I got a decent way with it but it became really tedious. I was going for a gnarled tree that was big enough to have an interior. Making branches and roots is too annoying. I wasn't able to utilize copy+paste as much as I'd have liked. I eventually templated it and started on my tower lol.
yeah.

it, and ALOT of things would be much better with some more evolved tools.

resizing templates?
Fill selection. instead of overwriting, it only fills in gaps. possibly, even fill IN. so it stops. allowing you to for example, draw the outline of a circle then fill the interior.
Flat tools. again, why only squares and spheres? why no discs, ellipses? Why can't I use the sphere tool on the selection box to make a sphere that uses the selection box as the outer boundaries?

Branches weren't too bad.

just as an fyi, how I do it.

take a micro voxel. place it in the "sky" out where you want your branch to end. using the arrow tool of course to make it hover out there.
Depending on the size of the branch you want. you may want to also add some normal add blocks, to make branching points. As well as other micro voxels to have branchs coming off that branch.
When you have your end points. go back to the trunk. use the line tool to go out from the trunk to your branch points, or the micro voxel. And then from the main branch, to any of your micro voxels.
select it all, and smooth till round and pointed.

I did play around with it more yesterday, didn't find any good leaves yet. the pink bushes are the best "leaves" but the stems on them, are very noticeable. the branch would need to be fairly large to hide the stem inside it.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I've been so behind on playing. Finally getting into updating later tonight and playing again, can't wait. Have claims been wiped yet since early alpha started?

Meld

Molten Core Raider
Have 2 closed beta keys rotting (do they still work? haven't been following this game), anyone need one still? PM.

edit: keys are gone.

Jackdaddio_sl

shitlord
With trees it is nothing but a snooze fest because you just hold the button down until you're done, then move on to the next tree. Sure, some you have to search for, but once you find it...snore.
My God man, you're still holding down buttons to do things other than crafting?
frown.png

Why haven't you made a simple macro that autochops/mines and then just move your character from tree to tree?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
chop
move 2 steps forward 1 step left
chop

park in heavy forest...start macro and go eat lunch

Can also do in open area with mining.