EQN:Landmark Beta Starts March 26th!

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Me too. Well done Zuuljin.
Not mine unfortunantly. Lifted it from the beta boards. Just posted for those that can't read that thread, and it's the first EQ zone remake I've come across. Which honestly is a bit surprising.

The freeport is from:
"Confidence - Vale (tier 3) - Trevius' Claim - Fairly big claim to the East of the Spires a ways."

Terial

Trakanon Raider
It's a large 3 claim area with shit tons of random creations set up on a multi-level structure.

In the blue flagged claim.
rrr_img_64972.jpg
thanks
smile.png
got it!

McFly

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Someone recently posted something where a dev said something about what players would be keeping all the way until launch.

I know claims will be wiped probably many times between now and official launch, but what about materials/tools/props etc. What will be happening with them?

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Well I think Im done my contest submission(s). Made 2 versions because Im not sure which I like better. The one that's been overgrown would look great in a forested area and the pristine version could work anywhere else... I guess I could make a snow-covered version for a snowy area too but Im not interested in spending the time on it atm lol.

This build is located on Adventure:Crater. Just WEST of the Spires.

rrr_img_65060.jpg

rrr_img_65061.jpg

rrr_img_65062.jpg

Raes

Vyemm Raider
Someone recently posted something where a dev said something about what players would be keeping all the way until launch.

I know claims will be wiped probably many times between now and official launch, but what about materials/tools/props etc. What will be happening with them?
While we will do everything in our power to minimize wipes, it is important to note that Closed Beta is a testing period. Unexpected behaviors of players and technology may occur, requiring us to roll back or delete data during these periods. However, you will never lose access to items that you have purchased on the Marketplace or in the Founder?s Packs as a result of a wipe.

We are currently planning the following wipes:

End of Alpha Wipe (This occurred on 3/26/14)

Timing: Occurs at the end of Alpha testing, which begins on or before 2-28-14
Character: Your character will be retained, however all progression will be wiped.
Claims: Your claim(s) will be wiped. All claims will be templated so that you have blueprints of what you built.
Resources and Collected Objects: All resources and collected objects will be wiped.
End of Closed Beta Wipe

Timing: Occurs at the end of Closed Beta testing, which begins on or before 3-31-14

Character: Your character and all progression will be retained.

Claims: Your claim(s) will be wiped. All claims will be templated so that you have blueprints of what you built.

Resources and Collected Objects: All resources and collected objects will be retained.

Landmark - Landmark FAQ

Yes. There will be wipes.

No sugar coating here. There are elements we are adding to the game that will absolutely require wipes.

Currently, we are hoping that we will only be doing *claim* wipes, not character progression wipes, but we have to reserve judgement on that because data changes could require one.

But when we add Water and Caves (hopefully on the same day so we only wipe once), then that will absolutely require a refactoring of the islands.

There is no ETA for that wipe. Don't fear it. Everything will be templated and you'll be able to put your claim back down again after the wipe. You'll just have to pick a new spot when it occurs.

403 Forbidden

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well I think Im done my contest submission(s). Made 2 versions because Im not sure which I like better. The one that's been overgrown would look great in a forested area and the pristine version could work anywhere else... I guess I could make a snow-covered version for a snowy area too but Im not interested in spending the time on it atm lol.

This build is located on Adventure:Crater. Just WEST of the Spires.

rrr_img_65060.jpg

rrr_img_65061.jpg

rrr_img_65062.jpg
Fawe, that is just awesome.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, those clocks look really cool. It'd be kinda neat if the crusted over clock showed a later time on it's face.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I have some beta keys I don't need.

PXT6T9KDGATHXD43VKFH

66HGXA23MKJXPN4MNRNZ

NGTJGHF43G4N6KPH6NP6

Agenor

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Live stream showed off static water. Coming very soon. Appears it will be in before caves. New Tech forge going in tomorrow along with upgrading. Start farming that dirt, and get those sifters built to get the relics for upgrading tools.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
It's also worth mentioning that static water is going in before swimming, so water will act as a solid surface you walk across (sounds like swimming will coincide with the addition of non-dynamic water voxels). So you'll probably want to move, if your claim is currently on a lake/seabed.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Also said adding water shouldn't require a claim wipe.
This batch of water. Pretty much the only people who sound like they have anything to worry about is if you built on sandy areas that have the sea shells on them. If that is you I strongly suggest moving your claim before this hits but we are looking at probably a few weeks before that goes live I would guess.

Still it should make the edges of the island less like living at the cliffs of hell and more like you live on an island haha.