Escape from Tarkov

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I had a few ok runs yesterday. Was off work watching the kid and while she did her noon nap I played a bit.

Not many people on during the day it seems, I headshot some poor fella about two minutes in, then went to construction and cleared the area of scavs. Got killed though. But I got XP.

Did a Scav run next, extracted after 10 minutes with weapons of some unfortunate souls who were already dead and as much loot as I could carry.
Repeated that after selling off some of my surplus weapons.

Did another PMC run and fared well, had a far west spawn again, got across trash bridge and killed some npc scavs, made it to construction where the scavs were already dead. Got the damn pocket watch again, tried to make it east but after about 100 metres I was shot in the back.

Tarkov taketh, and Tarkov taketh.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Yeah the servers are slow during the day US. Servers are a bit slow right now period I think due to the high number of hatchlings and glitchers. I am hoping BSG fixes the cheats/glitches soon or they are going to find they have a dead game super early this wipe.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
right through the bush I'm hiding in. I shoot him with my pistol and end up with a PACA armor, 2 pimped AK74's with silencers + one without along with an SKS.

Guy must have lost his shit but it made my day.

These games appeal to me, then I just remember that someone has more patience than I do, and will either camp in a hard to see corner, or inside a bush (or glitchy geometry) for like hours. and I lose an hour of loot or so. Blargh, no thanks.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Had another bunch of runs last night for that damn pocket watch quest and I have my strategy down so far. If I make it across the river, I'm on a good way. Then I sneak into construction and see if there's PMC there battling the scavs. Kill scavs, grab watch, head east. I made it to the far corner of the map, what 100 metres from extract or so, and the fucking phone rings and the baby monitor goes off AT THE SAME TIME.

So I hide in a bush, fully expecting to come back dead. Nope, still alive 5 minutes later, clock ticking, I get up to continue my journey and a scav appears and shoots me in the knee -.-

best run of the night, with the others I sometimes got too cocky. Going to have a ball picking up 10x insurance tomorrow night.

Of course the one run I decide to go balls deep and bring my AK74something with a 4x scope and some other mods, I die 20 seconds in.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
These games appeal to me, then I just remember that someone has more patience than I do, and will either camp in a hard to see corner, or inside a bush (or glitchy geometry) for like hours. and I lose an hour of loot or so. Blargh, no thanks.

Truthfully I have rarely see campers in the game at all, and everytime I have come across them I just destory them right away usually.

EDIT: In other news the lastest patch has caused shoreline to be completely unplayable for me (1st time ever). I just lost a ton of gear/loot because would run just fine and then after about 5+ mins the game would drop to 0-5 fps. Only way I could fix it was by force closing the game and re-opening it....but issue would just happen again. Fucking shit show.

Last edited:

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
So on tuesday night I finally made it. Hid in a bush for 25 minutes, crossed the river, got the pocket watch, made east towards ZB011. Night time raid to make it easier on me. Almost backfired because right near ZB011 there was a Scav so I took ZB012 instead and I'm done with Customs for the time being.

Picked up the next quest which wants me to kill 14 scavs in woods. Nice, I like woods. Got two down, got too cocky the following runs, now I die without even killing one scav. Every. Fucking. Time.

Spawned NW a couple times, had the motherlode in those weapons crates, some sniper rifle and a bunch of mods. Made it halfway down the shoreline before I got rekt by a squad.

No gaming over the weekend so I'm going back in on monday.

Still unsure what levels do, besides unlocking traders.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Still unsure what levels do, besides unlocking traders.

That's it. There is no stat gain of any kind and I hope there aren't plans for it. The one thing I would like them to do is to cap the soft skills based on your level like most MMOs do. Your max soft skill for any particular level is 5 * your level + 5 or something like that. Would prevent what they had happen this wipe with a bunch of people soft skill farming to get max str/endurance early on.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I killed some player last night and I think that was the third guy I killed in total. Sorry random lvl 3 person.

I'm also slowly getting money back, up to 250k roubles now, was down to 70k or so. I have roughly 15 scav wests and sling bags and random weapons to tide me over until insurance from two days ago comes back. So I wouldn't say I have gear fear or anything. But whenever I get closer to a fight or when I can see a chance of extracting, my heart starts racing. I have never been so excited (or scared?) by a videogame.

Still only lvl 7 so I don't think I'll unlock even one lvl2 trader before next wipe.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
Use your scav run to generate free money Ronaan. Look at it like a hatchling run where you start with some gear but costs you nothing. I have found the best map for me to do that is Shoreline. I would recommend running shoreline in offline mode till you get real familiar with the map.

Generally what i do is run to a couple static spawns of AK-74Ns(they spawn with a 30 round clip loaded in the gun) or a couple loot boxes and look for an AKS-74U(this spawns with armor piercing rounds) and then try and catch a PMC slipping in the resort. Also there are a couple of key spawns in the north building that will let you open doors in the resort for a chance at better guns/loot.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I'm doing scav runs alright. Some will go ok (nighttime on woods, I know that place quite well now, and if my scav spawns with a bag I can make it out with a fair amount of money).

Some others will turn to shit fast. Like the one on shoreline where I jumped too far down and broke a leg. Luckily that was next to extract so I hobbled over, got my 20 xp for using meds, and the gun my scav spawned with.

The other time I spawn in construction on shoreline, which is far east. I have a far west extract so I think I'll just head west and take what I can get. I know the hot action is in asylum so I won't go there. Come by three cars in a parking lot and all lids are open. Great, someone was here, probably is in that building or somewhere close by. So I don't enter and go further west. 200 meters later I'm popped in the head from god knows where. Feelsbadman. Needs killcam.

Then I do a PMC run on woods because I also have to kill 11 more scavs. Spawn west near old station, head towards the exit with the two weapon boxes first and get a nice amount of loot. Now I sneak towards outskirts extract, avoiding everything and being extra careful.
Of course this grants me 160xp or so, because I am playing the game wrong. But I got another 50k roubles of loot out.

And that is my problem, all in all. I avoid firefights. You get shit xp if you don't kill and loot someone. But once I have a fair amount of loot on me (in addition to what I brought), I start getting gear fear. Though I'd probably best take one of my AKs or SKS or TOZ and head towards sawmill to slay some scavvies and finally get a few levels. Being lvl 7 sucks.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
My in game name is Ertai... hit me up sometime. I play in a discord with a bunch of active high level players that are generally pretty helpful. I found them by getting killed by one when I was just like you and they sent me an invite for a group after.

• 1Like

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
My scav runs are pretty much factory only, I come out with way to much loot in a short time to do others. Was using them to test shoreline/interchange though the last couple patches till they finally fixed them for me.

Kills are best xp, but loot EVERYTHING and put items in your inventory at least once per item type. Because you get xp for when you do.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I've only done 1 unpopulated offline factory run so far. Isn't that the place where you're most likely to be shot in the face within seconds of spawning?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Are there no npc scavs in Interchange except near extracts? Took my first casual stroll offline with PVE enabled yesterday and ran into zero scavs all the time in the mall. Shrugged it off and thought "well maybe the map just doesn't have any" and as I got close to extract I got shot at.

Had a lengthy battle with two scavs (note to self, 209 vepr with 366 tkm ammo is shit) and when I thought I was done a third showed up and did me in.
No big deal though, offline mode and all. Lost nothing.

Other maps seem to have far more scavs scattered throughout, or maybe that's because they have more extract points as well.

Only did offline last night to learn the maps a bit more but I guess that will take some time, until I know my way around like I did in Customs (customs side) or Woods (either side). Shoreline looks easy enough but Interchange was a maze to me, guess Factory will be even worse for the first ten runs.

Gankak I'll try and find you but since I play euro evenings our schedules may well be incompatible. I only play mon-thurs as well because weekend is family/wife time.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
There aren't that many scavs that spawn on Interchange but most of them spawn inside or in the garage. I know at least 2 to 4 spawn in each of the major stores(Ollie, Idea, Goshan) and at least 3 to 6 spawn near Kiba Arms. 4 to 6 spawn in the garage. I can think of only one that spawns near an extract and its not that close to one.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
There aren't that many scavs that spawn on Interchange but most of them spawn inside or in the garage. I know at least 2 to 4 spawn in each of the major stores(Ollie, Idea, Goshan) and at least 3 to 6 spawn near Kiba Arms. 4 to 6 spawn in the garage. I can think of only one that spawns near an extract and its not that close to one.
Uh to be honest I am not sure how close to southeast extract I was, first time on map and all that. I was near a ramp with a half dropped shipping container on top and there was a building across the street and three scavs quite close.

Anyway I never even saw the OLI, Idea or Goshan stores. Totally lost. Going again tonight.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've only done 1 unpopulated offline factory run so far. Isn't that the place where you're most likely to be shot in the face within seconds of spawning?

If you are a pmc you can, since people know where all the spawns are and rush them. As scav you have to quickly figure whats going on in factory from sound. Since sometimes you get scav battles or a geared player farming kills, but generally its pretty tame and you get to loot a bunch of dead scavs for loot.

Also factory is an easy learn because of how small it is.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Hah. Found out my mishap in Interchange was because I was in Northeast corner instead of southeast or northwest.
Just leave me behind.

Did another bunch of offline runs and online scav runs. Slowly finding my way around Interchange. Guess two more days of this and I can go and do a geared run.

Next week, maybe learning Factory.

P.S. I still suck at shooting people. And when I go offline with guns to test against scavs, I can't find any (yes I enable PVE, checked twice)

Herp Derp.

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
Truthfully I have never done an offline run of a map since I picked up tarkov. Wanted to just jump in and get used to the gunplay personally.

In other news, just had an amazing scav run on interchange. Where I went in just planning to get some quests items and make a little money and instead I came out with a lot more.

2018-06-28[19-13]_-314.2, 22.8, 262.4_0.1, -0.2, 0.0, 1.0 (0).png

• 1Solidarity

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Heh nice haul man.

I am starting to like Interchange. Going as Scav I'm getting out alive pretty well now. Inbetween I do offline PMC to get used to the spawn points and to test weapons. I was not happy with my Vepr with the TKM .366 ammo. Maybe it was my shooting, maybe it's a piece of shit. Either way I took a 12g Saiga and a MP153 to test on two different runs and got much better results. Granted, the Saiga was at pretty close range (10m or so) where I wrecked two scavs. I guess it will do fine at longer range as well though. The MP153 I went in some warehouse in Interchange (up the long ramps and then you get into the loading zone or whatever) and the distance there was probably closer to 70-100 meters. Took a while but killed two scavs long-range with it. Guess I'm sticking to 12g buckshot for now.

My next goal should be Woods to kill the remaining 10 scavs. Or I'll just dick around in Interchange some more to finally get some XP and unlock traders.

• 1Like