Eternals (2021)

Nester

Vyemm Raider
I finished it yesterday

So does our planet no longer have a core?
How about a magnetic field ?

that all got replaced by a snoozing celestial?
the earth just an egg that can still be hatched at any moment by the snap (lol) of Arishema god fingers?

So stupid.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I finished it yesterday

the earth just an egg that can still be hatched at any moment by the snap (lol) of Arishema god fingers?

So stupid.
You mean, why is the earth not covered in volcanic ash that would have been released by thousands of volcanic eruptions all around the earth due to the celestial?

Hey now, do not throw science and common sense at this.

P.S. Yes pretty much all larger life forms on Earth would have died. That or we could say the Eternals used "Magic" and fixed that as well.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Eternals - giving fans the black gay robot they've been clamoring for

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The best description of this movie I saw was that it felt and looked like a shit tier DC movie, and that was absolutely right. Just bad. Disney is sucking so bad lately and I can only think of two good things they've done with Marvel lately, Hawkeye was awesome and Spiderman as well - everything else, sucked.

• 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Best part of this movie

View attachment 393184
That guy stole the movie.

Other than him the movie sucked.
I don't know how close to the comic book it was since I never read that, so I cant comment on that but.

The plot line of this movie sucked balls. The Celestials literally create galaxies, energy and life. They are the reason why the universe keeps on going, so why are the eternals trying to stop them from being born? Can't they see the big picture?

I get it that it sucks for the planet that gets consumed, but it is part of the process of creating life, there is nothing evil about it. Just the same way you kill a cow to eat a burger because you need food, or you kill a plant to consume it; it is part of the life cycle.

It was stupid , it could have been handled a lot better then conflict of sacrificing a planet vs allowing life to continue everywhere else. Only Ikaris had his shit together and tried to do the right thing, which is allowing the Earth to be destroyed.

• 2Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The premise kinda sorta makes sense but gets lost in the single expository scene.

Ajak is perfectly fine with the Celestials reproductive mission (she's the only one who knows what it is) until the Thanos snap happens and then is undone by humans. These two events cause her to rebel because she thinks Earth is special. Now her allowing Thena to continue existing instead of being rebooted shows she was already getting a bit tired of their repetitive mission, but the cosmic scale of the Infinity War kicked that into overdrive.

The Eternals are just the New Gods from DC slightly reworked after Kirby came back to Marvel having felt even more unappreciated at DC than he was at Marvel in the first place. The problem is that their whole deal is hugely cosmic in an MCU that has already skewed very cosmic with Thanos and the Guardians.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
The plot line of this movie sucked balls. The Celestials literally create galaxies, energy and life. They are the reason why the universe keeps on going, so why are the eternals trying to stop them from being born? Can't they see the big picture?

Sure. I mean by the same logic, why did the Avengers stop/reverse Thanos? Can't they see the big picture?

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Sure. I mean by the same logic, why did the Avengers stop/reverse Thanos? Can't they see the big picture?

Not the same at all. Thanos reason for halfing the population was not backed up by any universal truth.

The celestial are a universal truth. They create life, they create galaxies, they create light; without them there is nothing. That is the universal truth and it was explicitly stated on the movie.

• 2Like

Sevens

Log Wizard
Also, the Avengers were not aware of the emergence, so how would they see the big picture?
They had no clue about the Eternals, the Celestial or the life cycle of the universe.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Eternals can't possibly have made enough money or generated enough buzz to warrant a sequel.

The future of the MCU already looks pretty bleak with the ones they've announced, but at least all of those mystery upcoming dates COULD be something awesome like X-Men or whatever. To think that one of those dates would be wasted on this potential shitty sequel is yet another nail in the coffin of the MCU.

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I finished it yesterday

So stupid.
It's like a World of Warcraft plot.

"Hey what're we gonna do about that 5 mile-high sword?"

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
That guy stole the movie.

Other than him the movie sucked.
I don't know how close to the comic book it was since I never read that, so I cant comment on that but.

I get it that it sucks for the planet that gets consumed, but it is part of the process of creating life, there is nothing evil about it. Just the same way you kill a cow to eat a burger because you need food, or you kill a plant to consume it; it is part of the life cycle.

It was stupid , it could have been handled a lot better then conflict of sacrificing a planet vs allowing life to continue everywhere else. Only Ikaris had his shit together and tried to do the right thing, which is allowing the Earth to be destroyed.

Im absolutely not arguing. I’ve tried to forget this movie.

I thought that the eternals were made to kill the stupid CGI-mess deviants? I don’t even remember how the celestial fit into the plot line.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Apparently in the comics, the eternals like the deviants more or something so now the eternals are butthurt