Eternals (2021)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
This was boring as shit and almost nothing made any sense at all. Mediocre and dumb as fuck.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Qhue

Trump's Staff
why was there a deaf eternal lmao

or an eternal in the body of a perpetual child knowing full well that this will result in serious psychological issues?

The best I can come up with is that the obvious flaws existed to demonstrate to the eternals that they WEREN'T created...i.e. no one in their right mind would have created flawed eternals and therefore they must logically not be created.

Of course then you have the whole deal where these beings with access to infinite celestial energy are significantly less powerful than existing MCU characters...

Sevens

Log Wizard
Best part of this movie

valet.jpg

• 5Solidarity
  • 4Like
Reactions: 8 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think the only thing they did right with this disaster was Ikaris. His Lazer eyes weren't kill shots, his strength wasnt overpowered ect

He did make a comment at the end I think where he could kill all of them easily if he wanted
or an eternal in the body of a perpetual child knowing full well that this will result in serious psychological issues?

The best I can come up with is that the obvious flaws existed to demonstrate to the eternals that they WEREN'T created...i.e. no one in their right mind would have created flawed eternals and therefore they must logically not be created.
Angelina Jolie was also flawed to hell also which mad no sense

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
I think the only thing they did right with this disaster was Ikaris. His Lazer eyes weren't kill shots, his strength wasnt overpowered ect

He did make a comment at the end I think where he could kill all of them easily if he wanted

Angelina Jolie was also flawed to hell also which mad no sense
You mean, other than ruining the comic story by making him a villain because Whyt PE-pol are the WORST, AMIRITE?

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
What are you some kind of ableist? Check your privilege bigot.
Yeah, lets not pretend this was anything besides pandering to the insane "deaf isnt a disability" doctrine.

Its as absolute a doctrine in Leftism as Trans Women Are Women, just not usually shoved in our faces as much.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Randin

Trakanon Raider
why was there a deaf eternal lmao
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the explanation is supposed to be that she's deaf to protect her from the sonic booms she creates when she runs. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's too bullshitty an explanation.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I vaguely recall reading somewhere that the explanation is supposed to be that she's deaf to protect her from the sonic booms she creates when she runs. I'll leave it to you to decide if that's too bullshitty an explanation.
Well since I did not see her create one single sonic boom in the movie, I am going to call bullshit. Also given the obvious body endurance the Eternals display I would imagine that would carry over to a sonic boom and the protection of the ear drums.

In short there was no reason for her to be deaf except to say "Hey look, we included the handi-capped in our movie".

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
good concept (never read the comic - assuming it was a comic) but horrible fucking execution. Hard to believe MARVEL let this turd float out. Best part was the extra credit scenes cuz it meant it was almost over.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have the IMax version and the outfits just looked terrible, I actually prefer the outfits on The Boys more

The-Boys-Soldier-boy.jpg

Black-Noir-Homelander-30b75de.jpg

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What was the point of this movie?

It felt so out of place. Felt like a DC movie. It even referenced both Batman and Superman.

It was all off. Please, never again with text sprawling explanations. Show don't tell.
Pointless sex scene

• 3Like

SeanDoe1z1

Obviously don’t know the source but oh man,

I wanted that alien to actually become a badass…. Waste.

• 1Like

joz123

Potato del Grande
Such a worthless fucking movie. Should have just named it "The Diversities". Hilarious that they name drop Superman when they have their own weaker version of one.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Such a worthless fucking movie. Should have just named it "The Diversities". Hilarious that they name drop Superman when they have their own weaker version of one.

He stated that he could kill them all. He was holding back. So we are not sure of his actual strength. Obviously it cannot be shown that a white male is stronger than everyone else. What would have been the point of the movie's casting then?

BrellWatcher

Trakanon Raider
This movie was so boring and had none of the charm of other Marvel movies, even the bad ones. The story jumped all over the place and I barley caught all their names much less care about any of the characters.

• 1Like