Eternals (2021)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watching it now, this HDR rip is so dark/muted and comments on IPT saying same thing

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Watching it now, this HDR rip is so dark/muted and comments on IPT saying same thing
That's what I thought too. It was fucking terrible, and since almost the entire thing was filmed in the dark it was hard to ignore. I suppose I could put the D+ version up now and compare, but I was actually checking my settings during this to make sure I hadn't fucked up something somewhere.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That's what I thought too. It was fucking terrible, and since almost the entire thing was filmed in the dark it was hard to ignore. I suppose I could put the D+ version up now and compare, but I was actually checking my settings during this to make sure I hadn't fucked up something somewhere.

Yeah I restarted it multiple times, turned off my hue tv strip. It's so fucking dim

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
While I agree that most have kind of gone down hill, I would heavily argue that No Way Home was a contender as one of the best Marvel movies made.
That, that was the whole point of my post. They made it for Sony, though.

Last edited:

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
playing it on VLC you can jack up the sound and gamma.
I play my shit through an Nvidia Shield and KODI onto my 65" 4k TV and a 9.2 receiver. I shouldn't have to fuck around with it.

That being said, I just skimmed through the Disney+ version on the same exact setup, and it looks fine. So it is definitely the rip, or the alternate source for the rip (since this was before the D+ version was out) that was the problem.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I play my shit through an Nvidia Shield and KODI onto my 65" 4k TV and a 9.2 receiver. I shouldn't have to fuck around with it.

That being said, I just skimmed through the Disney+ version on the same exact setup, and it looks fine. So it is definitely the rip, or the alternate source for the rip (since this was before the D+ version was out) that was the problem.
ahh ok, thought you were watching it on the PC, i cant imagine anyone would give this the home theater treatment. lol i would watch this in windowed mode while surfing FOH on the slow parts. if i wasnt redoing all the Potter films i would toss it on for the lolz. I'm up to Goblet of Fire. so i got a ways to go.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
God this shit is worse than I remember, Cgi and costumes are so bad. I thought marvel was screwed after this and Shang chi but then No way home came out

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Do you stream off a PC/NAS to the shield?

I use MPC-HC with MadVR to play from my PC which is connected to my 2016 OLED, just wondering if a Shield Pro would be a better playback device, but then I'd still need the PC to download stuff and presumably stream from, or to save to a NAS

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watched this last night, wasn't as bad as I expected.

Wasn't very good either though to be fair.

Marvel has this uncanny knack of removing any sense of jeopardy from its movies and then when someone dies and we're supposed to care no-one does.

• 1Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Do you stream off a PC/NAS to the shield?

I use MPC-HC with MadVR to play from my PC which is connected to my 2016 OLED, just wondering if a Shield Pro would be a better playback device, but then I'd still need the PC to download stuff and presumably stream from, or to save to a NAS
Yes, I have a NAS that streams to the Shield Pro. It used to come straight from a PC but the size of my storage quickly got way too large. It is connected directly via ethernet cable, not wifi, but I've heard that wifi is just fine for 4k nowadays anyway if you have a good router. I download 4k remux rips, which means exactly the same quality as the disc itself, maximum bitrate, etc. and the Shield never has a problem streaming it.

If you're looking to eliminate a PC from the equation, that's up to you. It isn't required to play it, but yeah, you gotta get it onto the NAS somehow.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If you're looking to eliminate a PC from the equation, that's up to you. It isn't required to play it, but yeah, you gotta get it onto the NAS somehow.

Yeah, I don't think it's worth it because my PC will always be in my living room next to the TV so it seems pointless to add an extra device into the equation. I was hoping the Shield would be a better playback device with less effort than configuring madVR etc, but I'd probably get a better picture upgrade by putting the money towards a more recent TV

Sevens

Log Wizard
That, that was the whole point of my post. They made it for Sony, though.
Honestly, how much do you think Sony had to do with this movie?
I mean they don't have the most stellar record with the Super hero movies
Granted Spider-man 1 and 2 were decent (I think Spider-man 2 is over hyped but was still a good movie) but since then they have been either mediocre or just outright shit in the super hero department. Marvel has a lot of missteps (Okay, a few shit tier movies too) but they have shown (even recently) they know how to do super hero movies right.

Zweischneid

Molten Core Raider
Watched it and also thought it was better then it's bad rep. Definitely lots of wasted potential, but a decent watch. Definitely better than the soulless Spidy-memberberries iMO.

• 4Picard
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 5 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Honestly, how much do you think Sony had to do with this movie?
I mean they don't have the most stellar record with the Super hero movies
Granted Spider-man 1 and 2 were decent (I think Spider-man 2 is over hyped but was still a good movie) but since then they have been either mediocre or just outright shit in the super hero department. Marvel has a lot of missteps (Okay, a few shit tier movies too) but they have shown (even recently) they know how to do super hero movies right.
I think they had enough to do with it that it was significantly better than the Woke trash tier BS that Marvel has been making for themselves.

• 1Like