Eugene, Oregon. Possible move

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
tyen tyen TJT TJT

I know you two have or do live in Oregon...

Wife got an offer in Eugene, it would be a pay cut, but the state offers a lot (gorgeous forests, great hunting, wife likes to smoke, community is better than Houston, healthier, not hot, etc)

How are the house prices etc sustainable?

How wacky are the people?

Wtf can we reasonably expect up there?

Anyone from forums live in Eugene?

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
Eugene is cheap. People are wacky as fuck. Eugene is prolly more hipster than Portland.

Its not bad at all tho. Id say the culture is opposite of what you are used to unless you dabbled in Austin. But even then, Eugene is super fucking hippy

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
tyen tyen TJT TJT

I know you two have or do live in Oregon...

Wife got an offer in Eugene, it would be a pay cut, but the state offers a lot (gorgeous forests, great hunting, wife likes to smoke, community is better than Houston, healthier, not hot, etc)

How are the house prices etc sustainable?

How wacky are the people?

Wtf can we reasonably expect up there?

Anyone from forums live in Eugene?

It isn't that wacky. But it is known for being hippy. My Grandma lived there and I went there a lot growing up. I grew up about 2 hours Southwest of Eugene in Coos Bay.

If you love the outdoors and marijuana... really can't go wrong. Hippy shit is easy to ignore because there are tons of rednecks too. Weather is nice. But it does get hot in summer, no where near like Houston though.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

tyen

<Banned>
ive met so many piece of shit growers in coos bay before weed was legal.

Best part about southern oregon, is just going to the coast and dunes all the time.

Oh ya, wineries around here are super legit. Domaine Serene for example.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
ive met so many piece of shit growers in coos bay before weed was legal.

Best part about southern oregon, is just going to the coast and dunes all the time.

Oh ya, wineries around here are super legit. Domaine Serene for example.

Coos Bay is a methhead shithole dude. How often did you go to Coos Bay? lol

tyen

<Banned>
Req and I were gonna build a website for this grower dude, and he ended up introing us to other grower dudes.

They tried to turn us into dealers or thought we were dealers because we bought so much weed from them.

Ended up being really weird. People used to get hella sketched in Boston too about how much weed we would buy. One dude just straight up stopped talking to me because id be hitting him up every 3 days for about $150 worth of weed.

Req actually tried to but weed off a streetwalker once because it was so hard. They ended up giving him crack instead, lol. He threw it in the garbage, we didnt smoke it

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
The biggest grower in Coos country if not the whole SW coast is my Dad's old employee. Started out as a drug dealing tuna fisherman for the past 30+ years. The moment it became legal he became a millionaire legitimately. lol.

I doubt you encountered him though. He is way too old to give a shit about websites. He was the most wanted man in Coos county (for growing) for like 5 years and they never arrested him.

It is a weird place at times.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm in Eugene right now for work and will be here the next couple weeks. The homeless is a problem, but not nearly as scary or as bad as Portland is.

Have found some great food places here, and as mentioned, anything outdoors is pretty gorgeous. It's a college town though, so with that comes it's own benefits and problems.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Great area. Just dont live in actual Eugene itself. I live 25 min outside of Eugene and its great. Just accept that Eugene is easily as weird and unlivable as San Fran or Portland. Accept a short commute and you can live in friggin paradise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
The folks are alright.
A lot of Hippies and Pagans.
Eccentric as fuck, but really good people.
Cougar hot springs are just an hour drive away, Several volcanos are within a few hours drive from there when you feel like an adventure. All of the epic land in south Oregon is at your fingertips.
You'll be super close to some of the best Sasquatch land on the planet as well...just saying...

Here is a pretty cool spot, especially in the winter.
Depoe Bay, resident Gray Whale Pod

Painted+Hills.jpg

The Painted Hills are pretty cool. The desert is pretty cool in the east end of the state.

Oregon-cannabis-laws.jpg

There are some obvious Oregon benefits.

ORT1.jpg

The trees in this state are kind of a big deal. As are the hikes. Many places you can just wander trails for days.

HERO_Columbia%20River%20Gorge-Photo%20by%20Larry%20Geddis_72DPI.jpg

The Gorge is just a few hours away. Another great spot.

d8a51d0afbff55d87cda0468e78d5f63.jpg

An hour away from Eugene? Yes, please.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Great area. Just dont live in actual Eugene itself. I live 25 min outside of Eugene and its great. Just accept that Eugene is easily as weird and unlivable as San Fran or Portland. Accept a short commute and you can live in friggin paradise.

How far East of Springfield would we have to move to get non rapey home prices?

Her job would be easy Springfield, and a 20 minute drive for her is 110% acceptable.

Looking for a few acres and a small house. Vida was a maybe.

tyen

<Banned>
The folks are alright.
A lot of Hippies and Pagans.
Eccentric as fuck, but really good people.
Cougar hot springs are just an hour drive away, Several volcanos are within a few hours drive from there when you feel like an adventure. All of the epic land in south Oregon is at your fingertips.
You'll be super close to some of the best Sasquatch land on the planet as well...just saying...

Here is a pretty cool spot, especially in the winter.
Depoe Bay, resident Gray Whale Pod

Painted+Hills.jpg

The Painted Hills are pretty cool. The desert is pretty cool in the east end of the state.

Oregon-cannabis-laws.jpg

There are some obvious Oregon benefits.

ORT1.jpg

The trees in this state are kind of a big deal. As are the hikes. Many places you can just wander trails for days.

HERO_Columbia%20River%20Gorge-Photo%20by%20Larry%20Geddis_72DPI.jpg

The Gorge is just a few hours away. Another great spot.

d8a51d0afbff55d87cda0468e78d5f63.jpg

An hour away from Eugene? Yes, please.

This guy has it right. I would revise my wacky statement to "eccentric." Hippy eccentric can be very annoying if you have to deal with those type of people. Such as the restaraunt biz

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Nah, I get along fine with real hippies. Am kinda one myself, well a rehabbed one anyway.

It's the libtard crazies that make me pause. The lady at the wildlife Dept said Eugene was full of wackos.

• 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
Eugene is prolly top 10 "libtard" cities in America.

• 1Like

tyen

<Banned>
cnbc thinks Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Salt Lake City, Spokane, Seattle are in the top 10 for most hipster, but Eugene reigns far above them.

Euegene reminds me of a housed hippy commune when driving through downtown

tyen

<Banned>
heroin is huge in eugene, so if you are a junky, you prplly shouldnt go.

Any substance abuse problems really. Didnt the "Hells Angels" setup shop there at some point? Meth is big too, Faces of Meth was started in Portland by our law enforcement

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
LachiusTZ LachiusTZ ignore Tyen here because while he is correct. Springfield is rednecktown USA. The outskirts are just nice farmland and the area's total population is only like 200k. It ain't hard to find hippies but it also ain't hard to find rednecks.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
TJT TJT

The real concern is what I asked Aldarion Aldarion ... Housing costs have gone up 300%+ in five years. Pop in the metro is now 350k, so it's growing.

Seems like the best time to buy high and get raped?

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Is that woodchip plant or whatever the hell it is still near the highway? It made everything smell like old assholes for ten miles.

• 1Like