Europa Universalis IV

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My AE map. Dat feeling when you're pretty much the only protestant in europe, because your game went super cursed. Even some of my allies want to coalition me. I need to figure out how to go to war with britain immediately. A smarter me probably would have taken less land, but bring it boys. That chonky netherlands is my brosef to the end at least. And spain is just someone I'm gonna have to throw bodies at forever, with their -300 AE.

woooop.jpg

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Doing a Shun run (with Emperor of China) and it's insane. I almost want to say it's the most powerful campaign I've yet played. I've got something like 40 tributaries each giving me at least 3 monarch points a year and I'm just getting started with that as I'll be ramping up the tributary count pretty soon.

1689001769581.png

202 idea cost in 1571... not bad at all.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

I currently have 81 tributaries (and honestly could have a lot more but I just don't see the need), each giving me 3 mana of my choice per year. That's an extra 20+ a month!

And all the missions in this area just love to give All Power costs increase. Everything except the Golden Age bonus here is permanent.

1689318456566.png

Crazy overpowered as long as you manage the mandate in the early game.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
wtf happened?

Working on my Great Britain WC and just went to knock out Portugal. They have tons of colonies in Caribbean and South America but small footprint in Europe. I figured Id just knock them out in Europe and automatically get their New World holdings.

So I fought them and won, claimed all their land in Iberia except one province and left them all the land in North Africa (didnt have the War Score for all of them)

As soon as the peace deal is concluded, Brazil immediately forms as a country, makes Portugal the junior partner in the PU, and now Brazil controls all of Portugal's former colonies and holdings (Australia, La Plata, Caribbean, North Africa, etc.). Portugal is now 1 province (Lisboa) country

Did I fuck up? What should I have done? Best way to unfuck this?

eu4_40compressed.jpg

Looking at the log, I guess Portugal gets a national decision if it gets buttraped too hard at home: "Flee to Brazil". Should I have taken all the shit that are not crown colonies like pacific islands and North Africa holdings and then save the crown colonies for last?

eu4_42.jpg

Kaines

Potato Supreme
wtf happened?

Working on my Great Britain WC and just went to knock out Portugal. They have tons of colonies in Caribbean and South America but small footprint in Europe. I figured Id just knock them out in Europe and automatically get their New World holdings.

So I fought them and won, claimed all their land in Iberia except one province and left them all the land in North Africa (didnt have the War Score for all of them)

As soon as the peace deal is concluded, Brazil immediately forms as a country, makes Portugal the junior partner in the PU, and now Brazil controls all of Portugal's former colonies and holdings (Australia, La Plata, Caribbean, North Africa, etc.). Portugal is now 1 province (Lisboa) country

Did I fuck up? What should I have done? Best way to unfuck this?

View attachment 482429

Looking at the log, I guess Portugal gets a national decision if it gets buttraped too hard at home: "Flee to Brazil". Should I have taken all the shit that are not crown colonies like pacific islands and North Africa holdings and then save the crown colonies for last?

View attachment 482430
What you need to have done is just taken all of the Brazil colony provinces first. That would prevent the formation of Brazil.

1689347759353.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Damn, that's a beefy Ottomans.

they stretch from central europe to India and have been my ally for at least the last 100+ years with 100 trust.

but they never join any of my wars because for 100+ years they have been 25k-30k in debt and unable to get out of that debt hole. ive been contemplating just giving them 30K to pay off the debt so they can help me fight in Europe and India but im afraid of unleashing a monster

DickTrickle

Or you could leave them 5+ provinces in Europe (they don't flee in the case) and then in the next war if you can annex them you automatically get their colonies. Only risk is if another country declares on them and takes land but that doesn't seem too likely here.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

they stretch from central europe to India and have been my ally for at least the last 100+ years with 100 trust.

but they never join any of my wars because for 100+ years they have been 25k-30k in debt and unable to get out of that debt hole. ive been contemplating just giving them 30K to pay off the debt so they can help me fight in Europe and India but im afraid of unleashing a monster
Never fighting them has allowed them to grow unchecked so I'm afraid you've already unleashed the monster, haha. It appears they have gotten past their disasters without too much trouble.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Or you could leave them 5+ provinces in Europe (they don't flee in the case) and then in the next war if you can annex them you automatically get their colonies. Only risk is if another country declares on them and takes land but that doesn't seem too likely here.

prior to beating up on portugal, I utterly decimated spain so i dont think they are in position to do anything for a while. ill probably be fighting against spain within 5-10 years and chase them off iberia completely

Kaines

Potato Supreme
They have a ton of North Africa provinces though. Now granted, it's early 1700 so war goal cost for those provinces probably isn't much, but neither would be their Brazil colonial holdings. And taking their Brazil holdings means even if you can't full Annex next war, you can still kick them out of Europe without fear of this triggering.

DickTrickle

They have a ton of North Africa provinces though. Now granted, it's early 1700 so war goal cost for those provinces probably isn't much, but neither would be their Brazil colonial holdings. And taking their Brazil holdings means even if you can't full Annex next war, you can still kick them out of Europe without fear of this triggering.
Yeah, that's fair. Certainly depends on how the war score looks but this is probably a two fight annexation anyway so better to be safe.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
sincei didnt bother going to brazil, i cant claim any land without sending a bunch of troops there and then fighting their colonial armies while trying to siege like 50 provinces which will probably add at least another 5 years to this war

im just gonna grab everything in north africa and 2 provinces in iberia and see if i can annex them in next war

• 1Like