EVE Online

penalty_sl

shitlord
I have a buddy who plays the Dust514 version of this game (idk shit about eve or dust) but hes telling me hes making money off selling ISK? he showed me hes made over 3-4 grand selling so far this month. How much grinding does it even take to get that much in game currency?

He makes it sound like its some cakewalk that he can keep up, but I'm fairly sure hes been playing 14 hours a day for the last year or so and is just selling off the accumulation of all those hours.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Like any mmo you can RMT Isk if you want. But it's risky as fuck and looked down upon.

No idea about anything dust but ISK generation is pretty easy in eve assuming you have a few alts. I get about a few bil a month from passive production income requiring little playtime and make a good bit more trading.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
I have a buddy who plays the Dust514 version of this game (idk shit about eve or dust) but hes telling me hes making money off selling ISK? he showed me hes made over 3-4 grand selling so far this month. How much grinding does it even take to get that much in game currency?

He makes it sound like its some cakewalk that he can keep up, but I'm fairly sure hes been playing 14 hours a day for the last year or so and is just selling off the accumulation of all those hours.
a lot. To specificy, atm he'd have to make about 165b a day to get near that with a 0% loss. In my experience, 30% loss is an absolute minimum (People stealing/flaking out, or the amount you eat selling to bulk players.)

That comes out to a very doable amount per day, 700m or so, but you got to factor on top of that the maintenance cost of all your accounts. You'll likely have to isbox a huge number of accounts to do that, and you set yourself up for a very painful ban when they discover you, as replacing characters with the value that allows them to do that is not easy.

There's lots of easier ways to make that money.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Always seemed to me using a public subreddit as a main forum for your Alliance was an awful idea.

Brave is apparently actually taking Sov now. Not sure why they waited so long before realizing it was the thing to do.

Julian The Apostate

Vyemm Raider
There is a big difference between being a low sec newbie alliance that whelps and doesn't afraid of anything and being a null sec sov holder.

Edit: Not saying they can't do it but they will need some fantastic leadership.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah I agree and I think they underestimated how huge the change needed is. Much of the things that make brave what it is wont work as a null entity. Still it's good timing, RUS fleets opposing our siege fleets have been basically non-existent or pathetic. HERO can def take much sov in Catch right now. Beyond that they really need to get better leadership and change things.

My new Bros in S2N seem to mostly want to evict all AAA from all sov. But if hero wants it they can grind it, Catch is not a real desirable region. Goons going to lengths to destroy/undermine BNI/HERO has likely pushed them squarely into anti-goon and pro-n3. I think morale boost from grabbing sov will counteract drama/crap leadership in short term. Worse case for us I figure Brave should be a big meat shield that feeds us anti-goon pilots.

HERO having sov also raises the possibility of null combat not involving a n3pl vs CFC bloc war. Although i think that is inevitable be it after FF, or in summer. Personally I trust Vince, Manny, Grqath, and Progod ect... To win battles. But not to win a bloc war vs CFC sadly.

How do the Brave members on rerolled feel about the drama and stuff?

kismet_sl

shitlord
Yeah I agree and I think they underestimated how huge the change needed is.

How do the Brave members on rerolled feel about the drama and stuff?
Hahaha, why should we have to change? You people and your serious business mindset. We are here for fun. We do not care about sov. We only own sov because no one else wants it. However, that we are taking a couple systems a week in destroyers and bombers is hilarious. It is proof that anyone can operate in null without being highly skilled, highly organized, or highly effective. I personally think it is giving the middle finger to every null sec alliance that takes itself so seriously. Also, the only difference in null for us is having to deal with bombs which we already rolled out new fleet comps to handle.

Turnover in leadership is inevitable and is not really drama that effects line members. Does it really matter to a line member who the main diplo is? Nope. Our members care that we have fleets up, someone to pew pew, and can have fun. We are getting all of those things in spades atm.

That being said, I love you Anna and i think we should go for a long walk on the beach, talk about our feelings, and trade back massages sometime.

Finally, I love our subreddit. Airing all the drama all the time is amazing. In a corp made up of spais and newbies... why pretend to be something we are not?

Sythe_sl

shitlord
That being said, I love you Anna and i think we should go for a long walk on the beach, talk about our feelings, and trade back massages sometime.

Finally, I love our subreddit. Airing all the drama all the time is amazing. In a corp made up of spais and newbies... why pretend to be something we are not?
LOL love you too and i am always open for convos.

There is still alot more to air out if i really wanted to TBH. It is honestly not needed though I am enjoying leading fleets again and don't have to spend 3-6 hours in a meeting on Sunday anymore. I will still know literally everything that gos on with leadership still except i can enjoy the game and pvp. It sucked last 2-3 weeks basically being stuck in station and doing a ton of diplo work. I honestly feel sorry for Lquid atm.

Also for the line members i am sure it sucks hearing about all this drama. It is probably more annoying than anything.

Aleatha

Silver Knight of the Realm
In my MMO desperation I am going to crank up eve again. Probably 2 new accounts since I can't remember my old info or what email it is attached to. Anyone want to hook me up with a buddy invite + some starting isk + more isk when you get your bonus for me subbing?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
In my MMO desperation I am going to crank up eve again. Probably 2 new accounts since I can't remember my old info or what email it is attached to. Anyone want to hook me up with a buddy invite + some starting isk + more isk when you get your bonus for me subbing?
Same. I'm sure I'll find an invite somewhere in my 8 accounts
smile.png

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
kinda a waste really. Not much can be done with that info other than burn a few spies somewhere, maybe.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
'Eve Online' Maker Posts $21M Loss For 2013 - Forbes

'Eve Online' Maker Posts $21M Loss For 2013

CCP Games, the Icelandic video game publisher and developer behind the long-running Eve Online MMO, has posted a $21 million loss for the 2013 fiscal year.

Losses occurred in spite of a jump in total revenue from $56.3 million in 2012 to$76.7 million in 2013.

CCP reported profits of $4.6 million for FY 2012, making a $21 million loss in 2013 a significant downturn.

Research and development costs may be at the heart of the loss, however. CCP's R&D budget jumped from $16.5 million in FY 2012 to $56.5 million in FY 2013.

The expenses associated with the recently canceled World of Darkness MMO may be the biggest factor in the company's losses, as CCP shifted asset value from the game into the R&D column, plunging the company into the red.

The canceled massively multiplayer online game also led to the layoff of 56 employees at the company.

CCP is majority owned by its staff and founders, with stakes held by private investment firms Novator Partners and General Catalyst Partners.

As of February 2013, Eve Online boasted over 500,000 paying subscribers.

The game made news recently when a massive player-vs-player battle resulted in hundreds of thousands of dollars in real-money damages.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
big surprise. All their shitty attempts at a spinoff and expanding are really just burning the franchise.

If they put all that effort into making eve itself a better game, it could of been fuckin amazing.