EVE Online

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
CCP makes retarded decisions all the fucking time. I think iceland must have a huge shortage of MBAs because even the dumbest ones could tell them doing shit like releasing xbox only games when your audience is a bunch of people on a different platform is retarded. And now they are like double down retarded on Valkyrie if its really VR only, talk about limiting your potential market for no good reason.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think that Iceland has a very small population with a massive welfare safety net if they fail.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
I think that Iceland has a very small population with a massive welfare safety net if they fail.
And everyone there knows CCP. I mean, I was touring on holiday last year, and we were on the last day in Reykjavik. I was just back from checking the CCP offices, and mentioned I was looking for their shiny black offices to our tour guide: "oh, those internet game guys?".

Krueger

Molten Core Raider
In typical EVE fashion, the monument that CCP put up has already been defaced.

ViaTwitter / The_Real_Gevlon: @Xenuria found your name and ...

rrr_img_66144.jpg

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So the Vandals got caught/turned in by alliance. 3 guys permabanned, 1 6 month ban Be interesting to see who/what alliance when it leaks. I have my suspicions as im sure others do also.

In game my fav CFC alliance is disbanding (GENTS). Neat leaked log about folding GENTS + li3 into a new alliance

Eveleaks's Pastebin - Pastebin.com

Have not read it all, but it seems goons want this new alliance to be heavily based off GSF. Many gents dislike goon culture and want to keep their own. Calling new alliance "Meta-Alliance" or hobo Alliance heh.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
least surprising news ever. Now that people know ccp is going to be some hamfisted about it, count down till people start framing other people for this sort of stuff? More likely than you think with eve's normal playerbase.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
The people that did it were caught on security camera footage, and were registered for fanfest. I'm sure it wasn't a stretch for local authorities to compare the footage with CCP's tips to verify the identity of the people who did it. From there, one of them was probably stupid enough to talk about it in-game. CCP is the only company that runs an MMO that I would expect to actually look at log files for everything closely.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
least surprising news ever. Now that people know ccp is going to be some hamfisted about it, count down till people start framing other people for this sort of stuff? More likely than you think with eve's normal playerbase.
The entire"send Russians to a Titan pilot's house to cut his power"makes this seem so amateurish that it's almost hard to contemplate in comparison.

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
So I just started playing this a few days ago. Pretty neat, trying to get through the newbie tutorials. Any tips?

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Don't get stuck doing missions. Ask someone in the FOH ingame channel for money, then go join a corp that actually plays EVE.
LOL Kadmoran, considering it's mostly you in FOH channel, why didnt you offer him money alltogether right away?
biggrin.png

Yeah, don't get stuck on doing missions, go play EVE the hard way, come to Providence
biggrin.png

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Providence is not a bad area for a Newbie. Tons of really bad players around however.

Can't recommend brave after having my alt in it for a bit.

My IRL friends of about 3-4 months old joined Anime Masters (PASTA syndicate alliance). It's apparently got plenty of new dudes and sounds really fun.

recruitment vidThis image made me laugh hard.http://i.imgur.com/Dzl7pYG.jpg

They go around CFC space dunking LAWN mostly.

Avoid a 3rd rate CFC or n3 Alliance they sound good on paper to newbie sometimes but are awful.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
LOL Kadmoran, considering it's mostly you in FOH channel, why didnt you offer him money alltogether right away?
biggrin.png

Yeah, don't get stuck on doing missions, go play EVE the hard way, come to Providence
biggrin.png
Because I don't want people to convo me directly for handouts. Join the channel, hang out, socialize. There are a few regulars in channel in addition to my legion of alts.