EVE Online

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Are you doing the mwd cloak trick?

You double click in space to get moving, hit cloak and mwd immediately, so you burn some distance before the cloak turns off the mwd. Then you warp out.
Yes, I did that. Double click, hit MWD and cloak all in quick succession, wasn't more than 0.5 sec apart. Neither MWD nor cloak activated because I got locked and scrammed.

Juice_sl

shitlord
Yes, I did that. Double click, hit MWD and cloak all in quick succession, wasn't more than 0.5 sec apart. Neither MWD nor cloak activated because I got locked and scrammed.
yeah there are insta-locking gate camps with sensor boosted lokis etc that will do this

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
yeah there are insta-locking gate camps with sensor boosted lokis etc that will do this
Yeah, Lee Chanka fucking owning people in his gate camp with sensor boosted lokis and insta-lock svipuls. And you may think you're okay if you're in a travelceptor, but you're not because they have two smartbombing battleships there too.

Eidal

Molten Core Raider
Is it no longer possible to evade interceptors with covops cloak ships anymore? I tried resubbing and promptly lost two covops cloaked ships to trying to warp cloaked out of a gate, both times they managed to lock me before I could cloak. I just clicked warp then immediately clicked cloak but it did not work, I got locked in between both times.
What are you doing in your covops? If you're exploring, there are better ways to do this. See: jspace.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Even Insta-locking gatecamps don't lock you down instantly. There's the module activation check of 1 second and the lock time influenced by scan resolution. If you can go into warp in 1.2 seconds, you're pretty much safe from everything except smartbombing battleships on gates.

So there had to be more time. Might have seemed 0.5 second to you, but due to latency to the server and the fact that your signature flared up with the usage of mwd.

My stilleto gets up to 7600 scan res and I lock travel ceptors, have an activated point but the ceptor still goes off into warp.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Pro tip. Double click, hit cloak, then hit mwd. You can activate stuff after cloak and it will still work as long as you do it in a timely fashion, without the penalties of those things going into effect before the cloak does. If you got locked and shot down, it's because you were too damn slow or did something wrong. Stuff doesn't and never has insta-locked fast enough to kill ANY cloaking ship.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Pro tip. Double click, hit cloak, then hit mwd. You can activate stuff after cloak and it will still work as long as you do it in a timely fashion, without the penalties of those things going into effect before the cloak does. If you got locked and shot down, it's because you were too damn slow or did something wrong. Stuff doesn't and never has insta-locked fast enough to kill ANY cloaking ship.
True. What kills cloaky ships is decloaking ceptors in bubbles
wink.png
But no fear of that in low-sec.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Even Insta-locking gatecamps don't lock you down instantly. There's the module activation check of 1 second and the lock time influenced by scan resolution. If you can go into warp in 1.2 seconds, you're pretty much safe from everything except smartbombing battleships on gates.

So there had to be more time. Might have seemed 0.5 second to you, but due to latency to the server and the fact that your signature flared up with the usage of mwd.

My stilleto gets up to 7600 scan res and I lock travel ceptors, have an activated point but the ceptor still goes off into warp.
It was a Stratios and an Anathema, not an interceptor. In the Anathema there was no bubble and I just tried to activate warp followed immediately by cloak but I still got locked. In the Stratios there was a bubble so I tried to MWD back to the gate, which usually works because even if they decloak you one MWD cycle is usually enough to let you coast to the gate and then their interdictor can't jump through after bubbling the other side. Both times I never managed to activate cloak at all.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
As far as our catch rate goes, we ussually catch 9/10 Cov opses and 8/10 stratioses. But then again, we do this on a daily basis.

I'll see you in Provi
wink.png

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Elo came back and formed White Legion, which is fighting on the side of the CFC... No idea what the fuck's going on... Your boy d0gofwarr is in PL fighting against the CFC
WTF is going on? The Answer. : Evehere is a better thread. It's insanely long but the crux New Sov + old BL corps bolstering lowsec somehow killed the imperium, or is about to.

Sort of Hilarious how the "super powers" wanted nothing to do with a a great war for literally years until they saw how some scrub Low Sec alliances were kicking the CFC's ass.

I honestly thought joining Tishu was just an "Honorable" way to concede and maybe harass Cloud Ring a bit..

PL/NC. had no interest in a war. BL had scattered between TISHU, BBC, and PL. Was planning on just living docked in vestouve Mostly, instead dudders actually did it.. I don't think any other LS guys read this but well done guys!

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
I honestly can't wait for the CFC to die. About fucking time since I've been waiting for the day that we can get rid of our useless allies.

Let's everyone shoot FCON and SMA!

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
Two weeks ago you were ready for carnage, now you're happy to let them pummel your allies.
How's that any different than carnage? Content is content whether that be shooting the usual neuts/reds or shooting former allies who've gone their separate ways.

Frankly I've been waiting for the day that I got to shoot FCON and SMA without repercussion.

edit: RIP that dream, they're still blue.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Covops are easier to catch than stratios'? Is that just cause stratios can survive to crash the gate?
Yes. Exactly because of that. Cov ops frigates pop after a single volley from a T3 Dessie, Stratios needs some more firepower to go down and they can crash the gate. Also, Stratios is somewhat easier to escape with if you're facing lesser numbers, like 2-3 people on the gate. As long as you're stabbed, you can potentially get away as soon as you're out of the bubble.

Frankly I've been waiting for the day that I got to shoot FCON and SMA without repercussion.

edit: RIP that dream, they're still blue.
You can still shoot CO2.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
RhoA was always one of my fav duders in the FoH channel. I think he's just in Goons for the WH Corp. I actually got TISHU leadership to agree to take him on last fall if he wanted. But he wanted us to take a bunch of other Goons also so the idea got scruttled then I Stopped logging on BC of the RL shit. I'd love to hear his version of WTF happened here as a ton of us evers are strikingly in the dark on WTF happened. Despite this possibly being the biggest change in eve history It seems like all the info we have on this is coming from the MBC side also.

I have a eeg tomorrow i have to stay up all night for. So i plan on going on mumble. If anyone wants to know the perspective from the MBC/LSV side I can ask around

I honestly have a ton of questions myself, It's funny because I know for a fact one of the leaders of my corp had been basically trying to do something like this for a year or two.( He was leader of BL when Elo was MIA the past year or so. Also the guy who blew up BL when Elo tried to come back.) But my feeling is this is more happy accident then some grand scheme.

RhoA

Lord Nagafen Raider
RhoA was always one of my fav duders in the FoH channel. I think he's just in Goons for the WH Corp. I actually got TISHU leadership to agree to take him on last fall if he wanted. But he wanted us to take a bunch of other Goons also so the idea got scruttled then I Stopped logging on BC of the RL shit. I'd love to hear his version of WTF happened here as a ton of us evers are strikingly in the dark on WTF happened. Despite this possibly being the biggest change in eve history It seems like all the info we have on this is coming from the MBC side also.

I have a eeg tomorrow i have to stay up all night for. So i plan on going on mumble. If anyone wants to know the perspective from the MBC/LSV side I can ask around

I honestly have a ton of questions myself, It's funny because I know for a fact one of the leaders of my corp had been basically trying to do something like this for a year or two.( He was leader of BL when Elo was MIA the past year or so. Also the guy who blew up BL when Elo tried to come back.) But my feeling is this is more happy accident then some grand scheme.
Dude, I miss you in FOH man, you planning on coming back when RL stuff settles down?

I'll type up my perspectives later when I got some time.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Dude, I miss you in FOH man, you planning on coming back when RL stuff settles down?

I'll type up my perspectives later when I got some time.
I had a a couple Seizure's IRL and basically my memory is fucked up. I had pretty much "forgotten"eve until I saw this thread pop up.

I miss talking to you also dude, I just got into contact with my corp leadership who are trying to help me set up TS/irc/mumble and shit, since my RAM also died at about the same time I basically lost access to nearly everything as it's like the area of my mind where PW's and numbers were stored was 'attacked" by the first seizure if that makes sense.

No idea when I'll be back to eve in earnest, it could be tomorrow or never. My RL and Memory is just too fucked to really say. It has been encouraging talking to some dudes i knew in eve today. Seeing how much everyone cares though. Really is an amazing community you don't see in games nowadays.

If you want I am pretty sure nosperg.irc lets anyone join, it's run by my corp, and we have randoms from everywhere on it. I plan on coming back and talking to dudes through that and prob the TISHU mumble or w/e we use now at least. So if your bored tonight maybe come join that channel? I should have it up in a few hours i imagine IIRC IRC is not hard to install or use.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I had a a couple Seizure's IRL and basically my memory is fucked up. I had pretty much "forgotten"eve until I saw this thread pop up.

I miss talking to you also dude, I just got into contact with my corp leadership who are trying to help me set up TS/irc/mumble and shit, since my RAM also died at about the same time I basically lost access to nearly everything as it's like the area of my mind where PW's and numbers were stored was 'attacked" by the first seizure if that makes sense.

No idea when I'll be back to eve in earnest, it could be tomorrow or never. My RL and Memory is just too fucked to really say. It has been encouraging talking to some dudes i knew in eve today. Seeing how much everyone cares though. Really is an amazing community you don't see in games nowadays.

If you want I am pretty sure nosperg.irc lets anyone join, it's run by my corp, and we have randoms from everywhere on it. I plan on coming back and talking to dudes through that and prob the TISHU mumble or w/e we use now at least. So if your bored tonight maybe come join that channel? I should have it up in a few hours i imagine IIRC IRC is not hard to install or use.
Man, it's like full circle. I was part of the great war on BoB's side (shame the old forums got toasted or I'd look at my old posts from 2006) and to see this all happening again...

Circle of EVE life!