EVE Online

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Too early to know what's going on. Someone got hotdropped in lowsec, there was a counter drop, PL got involved, now everyone in the world with a supercap has piled in. 400 supers on field or some shit. Then there's a ton of randoms showing up to whore on mails. It's hilarious.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen..._online_honey/

I don't play EVE, but basically: One of the Goon pilots for a Titan(?) misclicked and jumped solo instead of bridging all his support ships, and PL swooped in. It eventually ended up being Honey Badger Coalition(Reddit, HBC) and Goonswarm(CFC: Cluster Fuck Coalition) escalating into a gigantic fight.

HBC and CFC were allies, but they are now the 2 biggest powers and relations have been strained over time, coming to this.

Goons are at the top, and TEST(HBC?) is to the left of this map:http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/co.../influence.png

Did I get all that right?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not spoken to anyone in my Corp/Alliance yet but from what Mittani says in his blog, the Liandri Fleet they tried to ambush in Asakai was the very same fleet and system I was in yesterday! If I didn't go to the pub yesterday I would have been there... wow.

Interesting 2nd week in the game! Why did goons come to lowsec FW? Are they trying to break FW or something?

EDIT: Appears that my corp asked them to come? maybe I have this backwards
smile.png

Tangurena_sl

shitlord
So why no newbie zerg corps? Gap in the market or is there a reason why they don't exist? I'm sure you can organize it so that spies/pirates don't have much meaning (doing things like travel in big packs, fly cheap ships, don't trust corp members too much unless high rank in the corp?).
Because most corps that appeal to, and attract, newbies end up getting wardecced to the point they collapse. This is what happened to 2 of the corps I joined last year. Probably 1/3 of the newbies ended up quitting the game because they could not dent the people wardeccing us and were losing everything. One of the people destroying our corp was able to hit from 150-200km away while none of us were able to hit past about 50km. All you can do is watch your ship spin while your skill points build up.

When traveling in a pack, you'll get destroyed by "discophoons" (which are typhoons fitted with smartbombs). We had one mining fleet destroyed and podded in about 30 seconds (the only survivor was the Orca who managed to warp away in structure).

When our corporation moved to null to get away from this person (who usually took mercenary contracts but wardecced our corp when they had no business), they managed to get one of their alts into our corp, and through the wonderful powers of awoxing, got us thrown out of the alliance in NBSI null sec. Several of the people who quit the game at that time got invites from CCP to "come back and try us again" only to find out that Goonswarm took over that region several months ago and they had all their assets in a station where they can't dock, can't use any services and can't get their stuff out.

This is why there are no newbie friendly corps - they die in a fire.

Oort_sl

shitlord
Best suggestion I have for new players is to go through all tutorials so you understand the interface and basic game mechanics, pick either mission running or mining to start making some ISK for ship upgrades, then apply and join the newbie friendlyEVE universityto learn about the game in more detail.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Today, Kais and I participated in probably the most cold blooded con job in my EVE career. I'll have more details tomorrow (or Kais can be so kind to update this thread). But this is what EVE is all about - no mercy for the stupid.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Today, Kais and I participated in probably the most cold blooded con job in my EVE career. I'll have more details tomorrow (or Kais can be so kind to update this thread). But this is what EVE is all about - no mercy for the stupid.
Saw this, logged in Covops first instead of other stuff this morning out of paranoia, breathed huge sigh of relief. Distrust in EVE is a powerful thing, even with brosef's you've known for years.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Story:

My corp lives in a class 5 (c5) wormhole (wh) with a static c5 wh. That means every 24 hours we'll get a new c5 connection. On one fateful Sunday morning, one of our scouts just happens to be probing down the wh chain from our wh and comes across another c5. Now this c5 was really interesting as the residents in it had their two player owned stations (POS) put into reinforced (that occurs when an attacking party knocks a POS's shields down below 25%) by another 3rd party (who had also setup a staging POS in this c5). However the two key points about this was that both towers were going to come out of reinforced in about 4-6 hours and were fully faction fitted with 9+ SMA's.... POS loot pinatas.

The call goes out - our numbers increase and we get scouts into system. There are only 1-3 defenders/invaders so we decide to move our own staging POS into the target c5.

Staging POS is setup, and we assemble a nice 40-50 man T3 Cruiser + Guardian fleet with the addition of a Moros and (wtf) Nidhoggur. We roll into target and assume wh control (meaning we control any wh exits/entrances into the target). At this point activity is still minimal but we notice that a V0lta scout had entered the target (we learned later the defenders were trying to bring in V0lta to help defend against the invaders). Knowing a fight against V0lta was a risky affair while we had $$$ in our eyes we collapse the route from our c5 to the target - therefore preventing the V0lta scout from bringing their brosefs into target.

The defenders, seeing that they weren't getting any help begin to self destruct (SD) their ships. One Revelation is SD'd, then an Orca... we decide to put our plan (call it the Narwhal/Duck-Team Con Job 2013 Edition) into action to prevent the defenders from SDing more ships. Our FC contacts the defenders. Now, I don't know how our FC does it, but somehow, and I mean somehow we're able to convince the defenders that we're here to help them defend against the invaders (please note that our FC assured us that he made no deals or asked for any ransom from the defenders. When a ransom is made from our alliance or a deal struck it is honored and has to go through the actual proper channels).

We move our Moros to the invader's staging POS and proceed to incap mods and reinforce the tower. Our FC convinces the defenders that in order to speed things up we could use their help - they promptly give us a Phoenix - yes a fully fitted Phoenix to use (and keep afterwards!)

As this is going on, the defenders bring a battleship and a HAC to help the caps reinforce the invader's tower. FC orders us to leave those two ships alone (I know quite a few of us wanted to pop them but we had bigger fish to fry). To keep the masquerade up, our guardians warp in and start putting reps on those two ships! (Phase #1 accomplished - gain defenders' trust).

Finally, the invader POS is reinforced and we resume wh control (invader's at this time had all logged off as well). To build more trust, we decide to help the defenders take down some bubbles that had been setup around one of their POS's. After a bit, the residents start to rep their towers that had come out of reinforcement by this time. They test the waters with their carriers - only inching them out of their POS at first. After some more time has passed, they finally move 1 Chimera and 2 Archons outside of the first POS and begin to rep the towers.

Our scouts keep eyes on those carriers - like hungry little piranhas... one of our scouts finally notices that the Chimera had entered triage mode! (basically a carrier can't move when in triage). FC makes the call and our entire sub cap fleet warps in on top of those poor carriers. Points and targets are spread and the result:

http://www.tl-eve.com/kb/?a=kill_related&kll_id=27927

Unfortunately one of the Archon's is able to make it back into the POS. =(

Our Moros and donated Phoenix promptly arrive on the scene and finish off the first large tower. The residents SD a Rorqual but promptly all log off in rage with this parting comment to our FC:

"[04:51:49] Mithrandir TFC > but you help us leaving this game
wink.png
thx" (English isn't their first language).

The haul from that night's successful con?

2 Chimeras, 1 donated Phoenix, 1 Rattlesnake, 1 Widow, 1 Claymore (we'd also taken an Orca from the first tower), and countless other stuff that are ejected from the corporate hangar arrays (I'll know what the total loot haul is in a few days).

Cold Blooded? Yep. Dirty as hell? Yep. We're all going to hell? Yep.

This my friends, is EVE Online.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
The total haul, including 2 dozen faction pos mods, caps, mods, gas, fuel, etc etc.....estimated between 7-10b. Add a huge bucket of tears and the sound of EVE clients being uninstalled. More shit could have been self destructed but most of the online pilots ragelogged after we snagged the carrier kills.

Sythe_sl

shitlord
In the huge super cap battle i was in a lowly slasher whoring on some titan kills to make my Killboard look like it means something.