EVE Online

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Deep space probes are very good and useful if you scan a lot. One scan with a single deep space probe can instantly tell you all the potential sites in a system.

That said, its not necessary, but if you're scanning tons of stuff, you should strongly consider it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
sorry Lasch didn't even realize I had a msg, it's kinda sneaky where the notification is on this forum.

Oort_sl

shitlord
We have 8-12 people in FoH channel every day, 30+ on weekends (I think that is when Kadm logs in all his alts).

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Unless theres a drastic change in the sci fi MMO landscape I suspect there'll always be people chugging along in EvE. No real competition on the horizon outside of Star Citizens Online and even that isn't anything like it.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Anyone in the market for a super sitter? Aeon/avatar. thinking about selling a character can do bro discount for FoHs.

Mao

Trakanon Raider
Raw SP isn't the best metric for sale price. People worry a lot about how 'focused' your SP is towards a partiicular playstyle and how much 'wasted' SP you have. For instance my first character is a mish mash of ADD training, able to fly Huks as well as frieghters and PVP ships. A lot of times, someone is looking for a 'pure' pvp character or 'pure' industrialist etc, so I would have trouble getting as much value per SP as I would if it was purely one or the other. Another thing that comes up is 'holes' in training. If you are lacking what is considered a 'core' support skill, like 'Energy Management' or whatever as an example. That can lower price since it is considered something the buyer will have to finish training before the character is 'useful'.

Sythe_sl

shitlord
Slyas if you train him up were he can be a useful titan toon you can probably sell him for 20-30 bil. I know he isn't too far off based on what i was reading in channel. if you don't want to inject the titan skill book. Get him bridge ready and i would say you can get 18 out of him.

Oort_sl

shitlord
I said 8 bil based on the prices I recently saw on EVE character trade forums:
25m SP
21.5 SP

I get how focus or even specific skills would make one toon more valuable than other. Do people actually just buy new accounts to train and then resell toons without playing?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ADD training would be someone with Marauders V, Exhumers V, ORE Industrial IV, Advanced Weapons Upgrades V, Cruise Missiles V, Drone Interfacing V, can fly a freighter, tengu, golem, has all Astrometrics skills to at least 4, Hacking V, Archaelogy V, Salvaging V, and is alternating between training ECM skills for a Falcon and Jump Drive skills.

Yes, that's my alt. You might be able to tell I switched play styles every couple of years.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In WoW you are spammed with Guild invites as soon as you make a new character. The guild gets it's % "tax" (bonus money) and the charcater gets it's leveling bonus.
In EVE new characters have to search for the right corp. EVE also has tax and there must be an advantage with being in touch with other players of the same level?

So why no newbie zerg corps? Gap in the market or is there a reason why they don't exist? I'm sure you can organise it so that spies/pirates don't have much meaning (doing things like travel in big packs, fly cheap ships, dont trust corp mmebers too much unless high rank in the corp?).

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Because you can attack other members of your corp and kill them, even in hisec, without repercussion.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
That's not to say there aren't any true newb corps because there surely are plenty of them always looking for miners or mission runners to tax. But they invariable fall to ganker's alt or whatever if they spam recruitment channels too much or blindly accept applicants. Corp theft is pretty rampant too. In wow you can't lose everything you've worked for over the past few weeks/months in the blink of an eye. In EVE, it's what some of us live to do.