EVE Online

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Well, that would be 2,048, but who's counting.

Wait, it's us. We're counting.
frown.png

I just got another Senior GM reply. Doesn't look too good for me.
If you don't get your stuff I'm quitting and taking my 24 accounts to another game!

I mean, probably not really, but it sure sounds like a bigger threat than most folks quitting.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
Anyone doing anything interesting? I've been having fun helping run N3's blops fleets. Nicest kills so far have been a vindi and a tengu.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone doing anything interesting? I've been having fun helping run N3's blops fleets. Nicest kills so far have been a vindi and a tengu.
I logged in yesterday, queued up another skill, and logged out. I'll repeat in about 2 weeks.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I'm escalating petitions like a madman. And I just started reacting sweet, sweet tech!
Any luck with the escalations? lol... I just keep picturing customer service telling your victim, "Hello, I understand you were recently robbed. Unfortunately due to a bug, you were able to keep significantly more assets than you should have. As a result we've removed those items from your inventory. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I really hope someone has to say something like that.
/me gets more popcorn

Sidhe

<Banned>
Any luck with the escalations? lol... I just keep picturing customer service telling your victim, "Hello, I understand you were recently robbed. Unfortunately due to a bug, you were able to keep significantly more assets than you should have. As a result we've removed those items from your inventory. I apologize for the inconvenience."

I really hope someone has to say something like that.
/me gets more popcorn
My last escalation was to the "Lead GM" and I was told to expect "significant delay." I'm not sure how many Lead GMs there are, but it must be a slow queue.

As for the message, the real kicker is that what it actually should be in a rules-accurate sense would basically be "Hello, I understand that you recently had permission to steal several items from your corporation. Unfortunately, this was due to a bug and we must return the items to the corporation you stole them from."

I'm not sure I ever really expect to get the stuff back, but CCP trying to tell me that it's intended design is just insane and they should learn not to immediately assume their customers are brainless husks who will listen to whatever line they're feeding us.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Well, the significant delay has more to do with the almost 3k 30-day bans they just issued out on account of a warp to 0 AP hack that was in fairly widespread use. *cough*

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Details about the hack please
It's literally a shitty auto-pilot warp to zero hack made by some moron injecting python with no obfuscation, and anyone who looked at it at all should have realized that as soon as active detection started (a month ago), they were fucked.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Huh, I wouldn't think they'd go as far as a 30 day for something that small.
The new policy is a perma ban for any client modification. They went with 30d bans instead because of the huge number of folks using this AP to zero hack. They've said that it was a one-time leniency. We shall see.

Darshu_sl

shitlord
I was smart enough to stop using AP to 0 when the active detection dev blog came out
smile.png
Just seemed like it was gonna get clamped down on.

Errorplane

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hey Kadm. Not sure if you remember me but I was in SSAL a couple years ago. My in game name and old FOH forum name is/was Taivek. Just resubbed and found I am still in the corp. Is SSAL still in the C4 that we were in a couple years ago?

kismet_sl

shitlord
Been lurking this thread here and on the other boards since the first great war ages ago. Tried a trial back then, but found the game more interesting to read about than play. Fast forward to now, decided to try another free trial after reading about the battle of Asakai back at the end of Jan and this time it seems to have stuck. Flying with Brave Newbies Inc and having a blast even though it can be a bit of a clusterfuck with so many new players. If you are bored or just looking for some cheap pew pew we take all alts, spais, etc. To any other lurkers out there... Eve really is more enjoyable once you join a corp and stop mining/mission running.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
There a FOH/Rerolled? Have an old char I may resub for the 3months $30 promotion. Basically never really got beyond running missions/doing all tutorials. Got my way up to drake and I believe fit one of the minimum layouts of a e-friends corp for pvp ops.

What was the skills need to be trained by June or whatever to take advantage of? Certain ship command skill.

Kais

<Gold Donor>
Can join he "Foh" channel in game and network form there. Throwback name but fuck it, we're there already. Broad spectrum of players in the channel, can get a referral to almost any type of gameplay you may want.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've always read this thread and the E-friend on some of the big stories and tales. I got that free wind solar ship thing when wormholes were out (and got horribly lost in one) So not sure what's the good pve monies at least for my char. Ideally need to find a group that would let me trade me being bossed around for training in pvp. Think I had trained a bit to be able to do like rifter tackling aside from my missile boat.

kismet_sl

shitlord
I've always read this thread and the E-friend on some of the big stories and tales. I got that free wind solar ship thing when wormholes were out (and got horribly lost in one) So not sure what's the good pve monies at least for my char. Ideally need to find a group that would let me trade me being bossed around for training in pvp. Think I had trained a bit to be able to do like rifter tackling aside from my missile boat.
Just about every big corp has a newbie program, although some corps are a little paranoid about spys and have complicated applications. If your just looking to learn pvp mechanics in cheap ships...
Open the people and places menu search by corp for Brave Newbies Inc. Send in an app and move your clone to Rahadalon then make the flight over or just pod yourself. They accept everyone and specialize in teaching complete newbies pvp. You will not be the only person with no idea how things work. FCs are very used to it. Fleet up and jump on mumble so you can ask questions and listen to instructions. They can also teach you industry, mining, wormholes, etc if you want to know about those aspects of the game. My character is Khaldune Ro in corp if you need anything.

Once you have a good grasp on game mechanics you can drop corp and head off to greater glory.