EVE Online

Vardisk_sl

shitlord
Look on the bright side, they are building shit tons of super caps right now, so when everything does finally fall apart, the eventual war is going to be insanely epic.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Making it easier to actually LIVE in nullsec and get a decent income should help too imo.
My biggest beef with the game is that the designers aren't being realistic about incentivizing empire players (majority of players) to use nullsec (majority of space). The sovereignty/corp/alliance systems need better methods of taxation so you can benefit from non-aligned, AFK cloaking needs to die, and you should be able to commission NPC navies ala faction navies that will respond to rule breaking amongst non-aligned (nothing on the level of concord). Extend into player run agents and more outposts per system then random bluebies can come chill in your space and you both profit off of each other. It's still not empire safe, but it has higher profit margins, t2/cap production, and better PI.

Instead they have continually facilitated centralization of power ala jump freighters/gates that allow one unit to project power across wide distances. It's basically the opposite of how to fill that space with people. Empire should be noob land, not the one and only locale for 80% of the playerbase regardless of skill and time available. With more people involved in nullsec, who controls what will become more balkanized as many organizations will be unable to administer the larger populations effectively. Properly allocating sovereignty efforts to improve and tax space should be a big deal. Alliances should be able to emulate NPC empires fully, and then improve upon them, sans Concord.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Exactly. I never understood the two modal options of nullsec being Live/Die. Sure you would have the warmonger empires that just kill anything that shows up in system, but I have to imagine the game would be a lot more interesting when you have a forest of little empires and corps in a complex system of diplomacy and trade. You just have to ensure that it sometime broke out into war because of some dynamic element, IE moons or resources that changed/discovered over time to make certain areas attractive to go take. IE gold rush / oil discovery type thing that would incentivize turning a lightly taxed neighbor into a conquest because the profit was just too tasty.

Tangurena_sl

shitlord
So what is the most profitable thing to make with PI? Want to maximize profits so I can do some PvP.
If you want a steady income, stick with parts for fuel blocks (enriched uranium, mechanical parts and robotics) or make rocket fuel. Rocket fuel is used for making T2 missiles and can be made from storm planets: ionic solutions -> electrolytes, suspended plasma -> plasmoids. So many people use missiles (includes rockets, and torpedoes) that the demand for rocket fuel is large.

There is a huge change in ice mining coming with the next expansion (Odyssey) that will drastically impact how many player owned stations will exist. So making fuel block parts will be very profitable at least until June 4.

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
I just want to build, own and operate a Station. Not outpost or POS, a Station. I want to upgrade to rent out offices, factories, labs, etc. Charge rent and all that. With that, I dont see why there cant be Moon Mining like planets now. Drop some MI (PI) and go, while I do hate PI in how it works I think it would be a side benefit to replace a POS at the moon with 1 customs office like planets have now.

Also a WH stabilization gate would be nice, again something that can be built and ran like the customs office. Charge rent and can be taken out if needed from other players but would allow travel back and forth with system wide beacon.

Will keep waiting for an expansion when this is viable. Maybe in the next decade they will open this up after they add a hallway to the Capt Quarters!

*Natural assumption with stations and other structures have operation costs with it and rent would offset the cost of owning one.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
But here?s the interesting thing: The plot of the series, we are told, will be based on EVE players? own stories ? all those tales of treachery, money and backstabbing that have accrued in the EVE universe so far. Stories that even EVE-skeptics find intriguing.
Note that this is nothing new, the recent EVE novels clearly name and reference some of the big fights and player factions (NC comes to mind).

pointyboot

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Fired this back up. Still don't know what the hell I'm doing but started queuing battlecruisers to V. Neural remap and implants shaved 10 whole days!

kismet_sl

shitlord
Fired this back up. Still don't know what the hell I'm doing but started queuing battlecruisers to V. Neural remap and implants shaved 10 whole days!
Make sure you have all the racial frigates to 4 and racial crusiers to 3 as well. If not then you will not get full credit when the skill switch happens. Getting Destroyers to 5 is a good idea too if you can squeeze it in before June 4th.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Make sure you have all the racial frigates to 4 and racial crusiers to 3 as well. If not then you will not get full credit when the skill switch happens. Getting Destroyers to 5 is a good idea too if you can squeeze it in before June 4th.
Frigs 4 for racial impact the BC to 5 thing? Or Just racial cruisers? I'm going to make BC to 5, already have caldari there, what am I losing exactly if I cant do it for the rest? (I doubt I can do it in time)

I'd remap, but dont have $ for like +5 implants. Remap also I almost want to avoid, my stats maybe not ideal but on other hand old char inactive off and on many years. I have 3 remaps available but somehow have more stats than intended and have to drop a stat 2 -3 points to get one stat to allocate elsewhere.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
If you don't have racial cruiser 3, then you won't be credited with that racial bc 5 when Odyssey hits (that's if you have BC 5 already).

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Frigs 4 for racial impact the BC to 5 thing? Or Just racial cruisers?
If I remember right, you need racial frigates to 4 to unlock the racial cruiser skills right now (it will be only 3 when the expansion launches).

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
every racial cruiser 3 skill you have will give you that race's Battle Cruiser X (where X is your level in battlecruisers at the time of the change). Thus if you only have Caldari cruiser 3 and Battle Cruisers 5, you will lose the BC 5 and be given Caldari BC 5 instead. Whereas if you had Gallente and Caldari Cruiser 3 and BC 5, you would lose BC 5 and be given Gallente BC 5, Caldari BC 5.

iirc however many skill points you have in the BC skill will convert to the racial BC skill, so it's better to train up every race cruiser to 3 and have BC 4.9 for each race, than to receive Caldari BC 5 and the other 3 races at 0. I could be mistaken, the original devpost explains how it's going to work.

The change is a pretty big deal in total number of skill points, basically like +6.5million if you have all cruisers 3 and BC 5. It's big enough that I trained my non combat, pure amarr, aeon holder character to all race cruiser 3 and BC 5 (as well as Destroyers 5). I was even tempted to pause training on my 2 main characters and train throw away cyno alts for it, but decided that was silly. luckily i've had all races cruiser 5 and BC 5 on both my mains for forever so didn't have to divert their skill plans at all for it, but if I hadn't I definitely would have. it's a pretty big deal.

Sidhe

<Banned>
If you're someone who wants to fly Command Ships as a high-tank, high-DPS battlecruiser (not boosting) or even just a laser focused single boost, it may also be worth getting the Command Ships skill injected. Post-patch, any Command Ship will require a huge set of boosting skills, instead of requiring the silly and somewhat arbitrary things they require now. Because of the way nested skill requirements work, if you have Command Ships I before the patch, you will still be able to fly these ships after the patch. No free SP, just a change to prerequisites.

Similar things are true about dictors, dreads, titans, etc. But I assume if you want to fly a dictor, you want to bubble, and if you want to fly a dread, you want to siege, and so on, so it's less of a relevant change for these ships.

Jalynfane

Phank 2002
They have attribute remaps, new toons get 3 and if you were inactive for awhile you will have 2-3 remaps on your toon ready. You also get 1 per year in addition. You will also have to re-customize your appearance and avatar, as they have a third person view in the stations now.

If you mean re-customize race/sub race and stuff then I don't think there is a way for that yet.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They have attribute remaps, new toons get 3 and if you were inactive for awhile you will have 2-3 remaps on your toon ready. You also get 1 per year in addition. You will also have to re-customize your appearance and avatar, as they have a third person view in the stations now.

If you mean re-customize race/sub race and stuff then I don't think there is a way for that yet.
No, I mean to fix the fuckups I made during the first recustomization they did after Incarna.

Sidhe

<Banned>
No, I mean to fix the fuckups I made during the first recustomization they did after Incarna.
You mean graphically? Yes, log in tohttps://secure.eveonline.comand under the PLEX menu you can purchase a resculpting.

Resculpt Character

With the resculpt character service you can use PLEX to buy a one-use option to modify a character's physical look using the in-game re-customization interface. Character resculpting will allow you to alter your character's weight, facial bone structure and skin complexion, in addition to the normal clothing, hair and detailing options.

Please note that this service does not provide the ability to change a character's race, bloodline or gender.

Calroon_sl

shitlord
Devs did a couple roams yesterday due to EVEs 10 year anniversary (in Gnosis, Dominix that goes 4kms...). Char sheet did show something like 496 million SPs. Also the player run event (Flight of a thousand Rifters) went off, killing a Nyx worth ~24 Billion ISK (well not really killing as it was repped, but it self destructed and everyone can be happy about that Killmail); something like 2400~ people shot it. So many wrecks... FPS went down to like 8 and TiDi was of course maxed out. However, it didn't crash which is really impressive.