EVE Online

Juice_sl

shitlord
Started playing for the first time (and joined BNI) last week and still haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing. The fleets are pretty fun, but I get this sense that ratting and fleeting Barl and nearby systems is only exposing me to like 1/10000000 of the game.

kismet_sl

shitlord
Started playing for the first time (and joined BNI) last week and still haven't the slightest clue what I'm doing. The fleets are pretty fun, but I get this sense that ratting and fleeting Barl and nearby systems is only exposing me to like 1/10000000 of the game.
You should try to do all the tutorials to get a base line exposure to all the game types available. BNI is part of an alliance that has a sister corporation for just about everything (except faction warfare). Any idea what aspect of Eve you would like to try out? Eve tends to reward specialization because of the way time=skillpoints training system. So figure out what road sounds interesting and I can point you to the right people to talk with in BNI. Drop me an evemail in game or just convo me when you see me online as Khaldune Ro.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'll try to say what I can remember, and people will come by and correct me.

Spawning of new connections seemed to be somewhat random, but there are either K162s (which are the back end of a connection FROM somewhere) or a connection TO somewhere (which will have a different number).

Holes can only accept so much mass through them, so you can forcibly close a wormhole by sending big ships (battleships mostly) through them. Most WH corps will do this with unwanted connections to help with safety. If you close something that isn't a static, it doesn't reopen. However, this has to be done carefully so that you don't lose ships by having them end up on the wrong side of the hole.

Statics are exactly what they sound like; they're a connection that's always there. If you close the hole, it reopens again, to the same place it was to before. The WH I lived in for a while was a C4 with a static to a C5.

Scanning for new sigs is a daily life thing in wormholes; the corp I was in used a website to make notes about new sigs so that the leadership could determine what to do about them. Run a particularly good site, close a hole, use a hole to move things to and from regular space, whatever.
Thanks.. that static was what I was clueless about. I didnt know those connections are always there. I knew about the random holes and need to scan stuff. Thanks again. In provi, we plugged some unwated holes with an orca :p

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
I'll try to say what I can remember, and people will come by and correct me.

Spawning of new connections seemed to be somewhat random, but there are either K162s (which are the back end of a connection FROM somewhere) or a connection TO somewhere (which will have a different number).

Holes can only accept so much mass through them, so you can forcibly close a wormhole by sending big ships (battleships mostly) through them. Most WH corps will do this with unwanted connections to help with safety. If you close something that isn't a static, it doesn't reopen. However, this has to be done carefully so that you don't lose ships by having them end up on the wrong side of the hole.

Statics are exactly what they sound like; they're a connection that's always there. If you close the hole, it reopens again,to the same place it was to before.The WH I lived in for a while was a C4 with a static to a C5.

Scanning for new sigs is a daily life thing in wormholes; the corp I was in used a website to make notes about new sigs so that the leadership could determine what to do about them. Run a particularly good site, close a hole, use a hole to move things to and from regular space, whatever.
The only really wrong part of this is bolded. Static wormholes always connect to a specific class, but not to a specific system. I live in a C4 wormhole, with a C5 static. I can close the static, and will always get a C5 wormhole with that static. Statistically speaking it's possible, but extremely unlikely for it to spawn to the same system.

This weekend was a lot more laid back than previous ones. We got a C2 K162 early Saturday which disrupted some mining that Flamm and I had been doing. The residents apparently didn't want the C4, and started closing with a single BS. After finishing making my breakfast, and finding they were actually making progress, I asked them nicely to stop. We got to talking, and I offered them a small sum to let us use their hole, as it had a hisec static. Initially I was just hauling out small loot, but half way through the day, I decided I wanted to bring in a BPC for a Domination tower. Then I found out I couldn't assemble it in the hole, anyway (luckily, before I'd bought the BPC). I ended up just buying an already assembled tower for about 400m more. As we were moving the tower in, we started moving additional large items out.

This was mostly just fat trimming at this point, but we managed to liquidate another 700m in garbage that I would literally never have any use for. At the same time, I picked up an Orca for myself to aid in the mining, and moving assets between the two towers. With the old tower un-anchored, and the new one set in place, I decided that was enough for the day. Sunday found me onlining and arming the tower, then fitting it. This left the C4 looking much as it did a month ago, but completely under CFGB instead of two
seperate corps.

I'm glad the crazy shit is starting to wind down. Two full weekends lost to moving was enough for me.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Started playing this a few weeks ago. Grinding standings up and certing myself up the ship tree as I get the isk to buy them. Haven't tried any of the corps that give newbs direction(BNI, EUNI, etc) but I might soon.

conexes

Molten Core Raider
I have had an active subscription to this for almost two years and have never really played it. I do enjoy queuing skills though!

Juice_sl

shitlord
Started playing this a few weeks ago. Grinding standings up and certing myself up the ship tree as I get the isk to buy them. Haven't tried any of the corps that give newbs direction(BNI, EUNI, etc) but I might soon.
Whats your name in-game? You're the sukik from temerity, yeah?

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
Day 2: The shadow of the XLSMA haunts my sleep. I can no longer tell if it's day or night because the shadow it casts on us blots out the stars in the sky. Ships issue forth and the hum of their engines is the only thing that tells me I'm still alive. I hope it never stops.

I'd seen these things on other people's towers, but folks that have lived in towers with them get what I'm talking about. It's hard anchoring anything AFTER one of these, because the collision box for it is massive.

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Test Alliance is Disbanding! : Eve

So anyone in game able to give more info about the current state? I take it Goons won, TEST is going to be a minor power with members and corps going in different directions.

Alliances and things are always changing. I can see that Goons are the biggest on the current map, so...what now?

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
0.0 dies in stagnation as people get tired of fighting over the same territory time after time after time for little reason other to enrich the (real) wallets of the fatcat alliance leaders?

Nah, won't happen, we do this every day in RL!

Troll_sl

shitlord
I get this itch to play EVE every once in a while. Like, I really want to play it.

Then I just toss my hands up after a couple days and say, "Fuck this shit, I'm too lazy and unmotivated for this game," and stop.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Also will frustrate the hell out of nullsec carebears.
You should check the EVE forums. It's the "L33t PvP pr0 teamz" who are being frustrated, that nullsec carebears can kill them oh so very efficently with blob warfare
smile.png

Won't really change much for us "nullsec carebears".

Oo__sl

shitlord
Where you're getting that HACs (and not just interceptors) are getting bubble immunity? I can't find any links.