EVE Online

Calroon_sl

shitlord
I get this itch to play EVE every once in a while. Like, I really want to play it.

Then I just toss my hands up after a couple days and say, "Fuck this shit, I'm too lazy and unmotivated for this game," and stop.
Yeah... I've tried it like 10 times since beta, but it fucking wont click for me.
So, I've more fun reading and watching it than actually playing.
... which isn't that uncommon afterall.

Oh and I refuse to support Dust 514 through EvE - so fuck 'em.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Test Alliance is Disbanding! : Eve

So anyone in game able to give more info about the current state? I take it Goons won, TEST is going to be a minor power with members and corps going in different directions.

Alliances and things are always changing. I can see that Goons are the biggest on the current map, so...what now?
The test disbanding post was hoax by some test members/leaders. The goons deployed some PvP groups on a voluntary basis to test's current home(curse) to beat up on them some more. Test had a leadership shakeup last week and they haven't announced what they're going to do next besides hanging out in curse and PvPing. The next big dustup is expected to be between CFC and NCDOT.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
So it's been two months since Flamm and I moved from Samurai Salvaging to Catfish Gumbo. The transfer was grueling, the elimination of old assets painful, and the setup of a whole new corp and the prospect of letting people into it has been daunting. Has it all been worth it? Fuck, I dunno. Let's look at the before and after.

At it's height, Stellar Defense Alliance had two towers operating in J115031. A large Minmatar tower under Samurai Salvaging, and a Domination large under Eye Bee Em. There hadn't really been much activity for months, and Eye Bee Em had been slowly leaving the wormhole before the changeover. Samurai Salvaging was pretty much an alt holding corp at this point, except for me. Fitz Vonheise of Eye Bee Em eventually made the decision to tear down his tower, which was part of the catalyst for this large switchover taking place. You can read all about what was involved in the changeover itself in my previous posts, but the gist of it is that before the move, J115031 was basically a graveyard with the occasional sweep of the systems anomalies.

Where are we now, two months since characters moved to CFGB? We're god damned awesome. Flamm has busted his ass scanning and scouting and we've cleared an average of 3 C5's per week. I've pulled in at least 16bn a month since we started running actively, and that doesn't count Flamm's cut, or money that went back into fuel and corp assets. Samurai Salvaging's Minmatar large tower has been replaced with a second Domination large to compliment the one purchased from IBM. A week ago, a third Domination large was added to the mix to run gas reactions. A fourth and fifth tower are on the books for installation by late November, giving us full moon coverage in system, not to mention full control of every step in a T3 build chain (a lot of credit for that goes to Flamm).

Folks have been inquiring as to joining corp. My answer is that a few things are still maturing. We want more folks in. I want people to experience wormhole space. It's cool shit. You learn a lot of really obscure game mechanics and what you pick up is useful. We're mostly looking at more covops/scouts right now. There are opportunities for mining/industry, but they're far more sporadic. We don't do much PvP. We've bullied or bluffed our way through every encounter we've had so far with sheer numbers. That doesn't mean we won't do it in the future, but probably not for a few months. And probably under a different name even then.

I'll try and make more frequent posts, as interesting shit permits, since folks seem to enjoy reading about the diving and challenges~

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
The next big dustup is expected to be between CFC and NCDOT.
Actually, the next big dance is going to be in Providence
wink.png
Everybody come here to play, so with all the action up in 9UY, it's not surprising.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Actually, the next big dance is going to be in Providence
wink.png
Everybody come here to play, so with all the action up in 9UY, it's not surprising.
I read the recap on the mittani, sounds like a lot of the big null groups showed up to blow up ships this weekend.

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
Its funny when the guy realizes its a setup.

In other news, I looted most the supercarrriers that fight. Bling bling.

Kadmoran_sl

shitlord
So I pulled off my first ransom tonight. 1bn isk to not reinforce and incap a tower with 35 ECM batteries. Let me say that again. I got paid to NOT shoot a tower with 35 ECM batteries.

Bellringer_sl

shitlord
Nice. Me and a bud might try to join a wormhole corp/alliance soon. We cant decide on what to do really. There are so many options. I guess that's what makes eve awesome.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
If you guys would include a screen shot here or there, that would be great. Nothing suckers me back in for a month than pretty pictures of pew-pew ships.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Space. The Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the.. BOOM! "Welcome to EVE, faggot!"

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
So what could I expect in terms of a day-to-day gaming experience if I joined a Null-sec or low sec corp?

I've been playing this game on and off for years and after all this, I have 16 million SP but never got to shoot one damn player. I've done the industry thing and I'm done with that. I've done the mining thing and I'm done with that. Now, I just want to shoot some players more than me just trolling around in low-sec with some throw away ships.

Ideally I'd love to fly with some larger fleets doing missions or maybe some faction / sov warfare. The idea of being the little guy in a massive fleet sounds enticing to me.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
So what could I expect in terms of a day-to-day gaming experience if I joined a Null-sec or low sec corp?

I've been playing this game on and off for years and after all this, I have 16 million SP but never got to shoot one damn player. I've done the industry thing and I'm done with that. I've done the mining thing and I'm done with that. Now, I just want to shoot some players more than me just trolling around in low-sec with some throw away ships.

Ideally I'd love to fly with some larger fleets doing missions or maybe some faction / sov warfare. The idea of being the little guy in a massive fleet sounds enticing to me.
Unless you join a corporation already entrenched in low/null, I'd strongly advise you to be careful where you're flying
biggrin.png